Why Star Wars Battlefront 1 is better than it's sequal and all other branches

Started by Kit Fisto, September 03, 2012, 11:18:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: SleepKiller on September 08, 2012, 03:50:44 PM
The stock sides are balanced and fair despite what everyone may think. Pandemic knew what they were doing when they made the game. Most custom sides usually end up being unbalanced and unfair.
True, we often forget that everything stock in SWBF was made by people who make video games for a living. And I also agree with SK about custom sides being unfair. Unless made by a very good modder... :P

For me the only reason SWBF2 is good is for the maps, and they don't even have good gameplay in SWBF2!!! Which is why I like the ported versions... :tu:

the balance is excellent. Each side's weapons do the same amount of damage (all the rifle bullets take away 60 health "points", Rockets take off about 900, The grenades all have identical properties, etc . All the units have a Maximum Health of 240 (snipers) or 300 (everyone else, a bit higher for some special units).

My only two complaints are about the vehicles. Except for aircraft fights, something like a Combat Speeder vs. IFT-T showdown ingame takes FOREVER because the weapons do so little damage. Usually its the guys in the gunner positions who make all the difference. The other thing is that I would've given the Gunship and MAF higher health. Like 5000 instead of 2500. Two rocket hits and those things are toast.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Quote from: jdee-barc on September 08, 2012, 05:12:10 PM
My only two complaints are about the vehicles. Except for aircraft fights, something like a Combat Speeder vs. IFT-T showdown ingame takes FOREVER because the weapons do so little damage. Usually its the guys in the gunner positions who make all the difference.
That is the point. If you get in a tank and speed into battle without a gunner you will probably loose in a tank battle. But if you take the time to get a gunner, even better is to get a pilot as your gunner, then you will be equal in a tank battle.
Personally I think that the tank battle's aren't that long. In SWBF2 one primary tank shot can't even kill and infantry soldier!? That seems a little dumb and not very realistic if you ask me.

SleepKiller: "All stock sides are balanced and fair"

RC: "Except jet troopers :S  lol"

Nah. A well-aimed rocket or 2 well-placed sniper shots, or a Droideka, can take down a jet trooper pretty easily.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

The jet troopers aren't that powerful either. At long range they are pretty useless ( against human players ), and at short range with friendly fire on they end up killing themselves. I'd be more worried about the SWBF2 jet, he has a mobile rocket launcher that doesn't take nearly as long to load!!