Multiplayer Crash Help?

Started by Jon415, July 28, 2012, 11:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 28, 2012, 11:12:56 PM Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 06:46:15 PM by Jon415
Hi everybody, it's been a while since i've been active around here, and some of you might remember me from MPC, so i was hoping to get your input on a problem i've been having for the past few days.

I just recently started playing swbf again after a 2 year break, and the game worked fine without a hitch until toady. Whenever i join a multiplayer server, i can play for a minute or so before the game crashes to desktop and i get battlefront.exe has stopped working (no issue in singpleplayer, it works fine). Ive tried reinstalling the game multiple times, disabling antivirus, deleting all profiles and savegames, and running in compatibility mode for windows xp sp3. Also, i never installed any of the patches, because it said something about not being able to find my swbf game. Everything worked fine without them until today thopugh. Hardware is probably not an issue, but heres my specs just in case.
AMD Phenom II X4 820 2.8 Ghz
6GB RAM
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6950 1GB
Windows 7 home premium 64 bit.

Thanks for reading this, and I would greatly appreciate any help that you can give me.

Edit: Crash only occurs when i join, not when i host. Also, i dont crash out of servers with unlimited health and/or infinite ammo.

My first guess would be that you need the patches in order to join the servers.
Most all are on the 1.2 patch, but I hear there are 1.0 servers as well.
(I don't get online enough to provide server names)

( btw, Howdy :) )

I would've tried installing 1.2, but every time i run the .exe it says star wars battlefront game not found, please reinstall. Reinstallation didnt do anything. :confused:

First thing to check is that you let the Battlefront installer use the default installation directory.
(so if the patch was poorly written, it would know where to look)

If that doesn't fix it, then I bet it has something to do with either the Win7 or the 64-bit.
I have zero experience with both but am constantly reading about application issues with them.

Has anyone else here had a problem installing the patch?

Beware of win7 "virtual store".

It makes you use old files even though you reinstall them...

perhaps a mod or something is stuck in the store and is causing the crash.  Read this topic:

http://www.xfire.com/communities/perfectlittleangels/forums/157275/topic/4090119/
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

July 29, 2012, 02:12:59 PM #5 Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 02:15:15 PM by Jon415
tried deleting virtual store and reinstalling to desktop, but its still crashing. Pretty sure that my game is up to date now (1.2), cause i have a 1.2 readme in the swbf folder. Never got the installer working though. Also tried removing the unicow.dll and eax.dll from the gamedata folder, but that didnt do anything  :(

Ok. It doesnt crash anymore. I just got home from vacation, tried out swbf, and it works like a charm. There goes 4 hours of wasted time trying to fix some ghost problem.

Anyway, thanks to all who responded and tried to help   :D

I am sorry we couldn't find a direct solution for you, but I'm glad it's working for you now, though. :)