Which SWBF stock map do you like most that only has 1 era?

Started by Kit Fisto, July 10, 2012, 10:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which SWBF stock map do you like most that has only 1 era?

Geonosis: Spire
Kamino: Tipoca City
Hoth: Echo Base
Endor: Bunker
Quote from: Yoda on July 16, 2012, 08:17:00 AM
as I used to play on my old Mac Mini, and Endor was always glitching because of all the rendering for the trees and such.

SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS!!!!! Endor is pretty unplayable with all the lag even when I use SK's Lowerz endor... Was your Naboo: Plains like that?

I like Hoth it has a abundance of vehicles as well as lots of taun tauns so you can start a taun taun farm if you are alone waiting for more players to join.

I don't remember Naboo Plains being that much of a problem, but that was never one of my favorite maps so I don't remember playing it much outside of Conquest or Campaign modes. I do remember that the Kashyyyk Islands (?) map was also horrible because of the hills, trees and textures.

I would be curious how Endor fares on my 2010 Mac Pro but until I move to my apartment for Grad School, I won't have the disc with me.

One of the other reasons I loved Hoth was that if you timed a rocket just right, you could get a one hit kill on the Snow Speeders when playing as Imperial Shock Trooper.

It was extremely rare, but I always loved finding that small window of glitch that would allow the rocket to travel straight through the speeder's cockpit before detonating and watching the speeder explode.

Originally joined SWBFMac.com in 2006. You'll see me around from time to time.

Quote from: {TcF}Dr.Penguin on July 16, 2012, 09:36:43 AM
I like Hoth it has a abundance of vehicles as well as lots of taun tauns so you can start a taun taun farm if you are alone waiting for more players to join.

If you like the abundance of vehicles, Geonosis has far more. Hoth only has AT-ATs, AT-STs, and Snow Speeders. Geonosis has Hailfire Droids, Spider Droids, Geonosian Starfighters, AT-TEs, and LAATs (Gunships).

Although... Endor does allow mined Speeder-Bike runs.
While Hoth has mined kamikaze Snow Speeders. It's a tough one.

But aesthetically Hoth is better.

Quote from: ✫Şђã·Żäм✫ on July 16, 2012, 09:45:32 AM
If you like the abundance of vehicles, Geonosis has far more. Hoth only has AT-ATs, AT-STs, and Snow Speeders. Geonosis has Hailfire Droids, Spider Droids, Geonosian Starfighters, AT-TEs, and LAATs (Gunships).
Yes, but no one in their right mind would even touch a spider droid let alone drive it, there are only 2 genosian star fighters compared to Hoth's 4 snowspeeders(Which look cooler) Although I do like the gunships and AT-ETs the lack of  taun tauns, and martian landscape is just a deal breaker.

Quote from: {TcF}Dr.Penguin on July 16, 2012, 10:36:56 AM
Yes, but no one in their right mind would even touch a spider droid let alone drive it

Bah I say!

Spider Droids are excellent at picking off infantry and flying vehicles.
Although in a close range slug-fest they are quite terrible which is why few use them.

On my old PC endor and plains lagged really bad. Now on my good pc they don't, but I still use minimalist mods that reduces lag greatly. Stock islands textures are pretty bad, that why I reskinned it to caribbean and it looks 100x better.

Quote from: Phobos on July 16, 2012, 11:49:38 AM
On my old PC endor and plains lagged really bad. Now on my good pc they don't, but I still use minimalist mods that reduces lag greatly. Stock islands textures are pretty bad, that why I reskinned it to caribbean and it looks 100x better.

Do you have the minimalist plains mod download? Because my Plains is really laggy and that is one of my favorite maps! :'( :bye:

This is naboo plains twilight v1 i made a while back. it should reduce lag more than stock does but is not synchronized to the pure updated minimalism format i developed which is compatible with skin changers. plains twilight v2 would lag even less but i have not made it yet.

it should ,lag much less than stock though
http://www.mediafire.com/?ei5cpepj4eroszc

I feel kinda bad but I have a mac and can't open exe's. Is the one you are talking about in here? http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=465

Yes, but since you are on mac, here is a simple zip file.

http://www.speedyshare.com/3wj2Q/nabootwilight.zip

Just remove [client] from the lvl name and put in your nab folder.

Thanks Phobos!!!! You da Man!!! This is OC right?
For the v2 you should make a twilight version and a daytime! :tu:

Online compatible yes. By daytime do you mean a different sky? The lighting is bright like day.

Lol!  :slap: :slap: I haven't actually tried it yet  it since its called twilight I thought that it was night. :slap: well then! You may retract my last post from your mind! Thanks again Phobos!

Phobos, I just wanted to let you know that it worked great!!! Is there a way to make it so it works with story mode? Do you have a version that just takes away the grass and that's it? Because that's what is causing my offline lag. I think the new lighting is really cool though! A+ material! ( I just prefer the stock lighting    please don't take offense   )