Question: whats the difference between BF 1.0 and 1.2?

Started by Kit Fisto, June 19, 2012, 09:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well I guess that answers my question. I was more wanting to know gameplay aspects than social but :shrug:

Quote from: Jamman on June 20, 2012, 06:54:27 AM
The downside of 1.2 personally to me, is all the modding going on. Making maps and non- online compatible mods like changing units or something is cool, and some of the online compatible mods such as, new map skins, unit skins, or cross hairs are too, but to me, all of these other mods certain players use is just giving the finger to 1.2, and I praise certain modders for keeping their inventions to themselves and not giving it out to the community so everyone isn't running around with it.

This really cracked me up, and that's all I'm gonna say about it. :lolabove: :rofl:

A great invention that's been done. Wire frame buildings. Lets all spawn in Cloud City to automatically see everyone  :tu: :tu:

I mean, I am so stunned in the great effort the superb SWBF1 modders made in creating that, I almost forgot to thank them as I got cheated out in yet another game.  :cheers:

Quote from: Jamman on June 20, 2012, 08:57:02 PM

A great invention that's been done. Wire frame buildings. Lets all spawn in Cloud City to automatically see everyone  :tu: :tu:

I mean, I am so stunned in the great effort the superb SWBF1 modders made in creating that, I almost forgot to thank them as I got cheated out in yet another game.  :cheers:

Wireframe buildings is really awesome, I agree. In fact, the cloud city skin changer mod allows you to see through buildings and such, but only in single player. It will not allow wireframe mode in multi-player, so you have nothing to worry about.

I agree with previous posts on the fact that 1.0 is more social than 1.2.  I like 1.2 because it decreased lag (although I still have dialup... :/ ) and there are many, many more players to test yourself against and gain in skill.  Mods are also nice too.  I guess I'm still attached to 1.0 because of the bond most of us have built.  Before we had the chance to get 1.2, we had our 1.0 clans and we knew everyone in them.  Wars (actual enemies) are very uncommon now.  The last clan to really have problems with 1.0 wars was {snp} (read their history for more details).  Fun wars are not likely to happen either unless you pick a perfect time.
What I've noticed over the years is that those who play 1.0 transition well into 1.2 if they find servers that are more geared to 1.0 (Sniper Tournament, etc.) AND practice 1.2.  And that skill translates back into 1.0 if they wish to play both versions, making them very formidable in both versions.
There is pros and cons to both versions... so I play both :P
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

June 21, 2012, 09:37:25 AM #20 Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 09:41:20 AM by Disciple
Actually about the CCSC,It`s possible and easy to use the matrix and the See Thru one online.I made a video about it and I think that`s not hard to fix (if that`s possible to.

http://www.xfire.com/video/5782bd/

I already told this to Phobos,but I dont know if everyone knows about this,and if you can explain me why this happens please tell me.

Quote from: Disciple on June 21, 2012, 09:37:25 AM
Actually about the CCSC,It`s possible and easy to use the matrix and the See Thru one online.I made a video about it and I think that`s not hard to fix (if that`s possible to.

http://www.xfire.com/video/5782bd/

I already told this to Phobos,but I dont know if everyone knows about this,and if you can explain me why this happens please tell me.

Well I'm not sure why it works for you online, because when I tested the script it did not. Sleepkiller gave me the LUA code used to disable it in multiplayer, so this is an unintentional bug and I apologize for anyone who feels their game is cheated because others can somehow glitch the mod to make it work online when it shouldn't.

I'm sure it can be fixed but not exactly sure how, here is the LUA used
if(ScriptCB_InNetGame()) then
this.buttons.seethru.hidden = 1
end

-- This disables See Thru from working in MP

The same code was placed in for matrix also. Maybe your game somehow glitched and got confused thinking it was single player instead of multiplayer?

Ya maybe,I dont use it online,just wanted to know,thanks.

June 25, 2012, 08:12:49 PM #23 Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 08:14:21 PM by Dark_Phantom
I know that this topic was pretty much dead, but I found an old link in my archives that may be of use to those who want to play 1.0, if only to make fun of us.
http://boygamer9.webs.com/swbfversionswaps.htm
I don't know all the details, I just got it to work. I always did the "Copy your 1.0 folder and then get 1.2" but found this when I was looking for something completely different.
1st is to go to 1.0, 2nd to 1.2.

Edit: might help if you go for the 1.0 no-cd just in case. Might disagree with the 1.2 dvd... i don't know...
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

I tried that link already and it just crashed my game everytime i tried to play with 1.0

Quote from: Disciple on June 26, 2012, 01:40:55 PM
I tried that link already and it just crashed my game everytime i tried to play with 1.0

rename your addon folder to something else then try it again
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Ya it worked,but everytime i downgrade SWBF my common.lvl goes to stock common.lvl,any way to fix it?

what are you doing to run 1.0 ?  a version changer?

I dont think you need to use the version changer, just use the new battlefront.exe that is the 1.0 version.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Ya actually I was lunching the 1.0 with xfire so I could get the xfire in game,but it requires more work renaming some stuff,so i will just lunch in SWBF folder,thanks.