decay rate for bodies

Started by (GGR)Veteran, February 06, 2012, 05:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
This has rly nothin to do with this topic but can you make it so that when you die, your body will still be there to make the game more realistic? like if your destroying droids and you have body parts flyin all over?

yes, please make a new topic.  I have done it for you this time.

Bodies can be set to decay more slowly.  However, this comes at a cost--it eats memory. The game now
has to keep track of the collision of all those bodies.  You will be more likely to lag and crash.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

how do you do this?
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Actually collision would not be the issue. Lets look at it this way, SWBF was made in 2004 and was not optimized to handle 100 dead bodies on the ground.

thanks buck and i knew that might be a problem as well once i thought about the idea.

Quote from: jdee-barc on February 06, 2012, 08:28:03 PM
how do you do this?
http://www.secretsociety.com/forum/display_message.asp?mid=1181

ok, maybe not an answer about how, but why you don't want to change the decay rate.

(I recalled this thread, and thought there was an answer.  I will change the answer to "maybe" through exe hex edit :P )

I can imaging the kinds of lag that would occur. The engine isn't that sophisticated.

There's always the option to add the props of dead bodies into the making of a map; to make the battle feel more real or whatever.
It's been done effectively in a small number of maps.

another mod waiting to be discovered

I'd really appreciate if some one could mod endor like this, or tell me, it's just for a movie.

where do you think the hex code would be? i really want to get this working.

no one knows, but presumably in the exe file somewhere...happy hunting

The only plausible solution I see here is to somehow convert the body models after the animation plays into a         static prop with no bones or animation skeleton so that the game runs just like it would normally.  Except I have no idea how to do this  :confused:

Do chunks have a decay value?