Dedicated server help

Started by (GGR)Veteran, January 07, 2012, 02:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Can anyone send a link to a dedicated server that makes it so your ping is higher than 99999 or is it an enternet problem?

The reason that it pings 9999 is because the server sits behind a firewall/router.

Anytime there is a router involved, it will ping at 9999 even if you have properly port-forwarded.

The is an issue with Gamespy.  I have contacted them about it, but they ignored me.

The only way around it is to connected your computer directly to your cable modem without any router.  This is usually not practical.

Please see this post for more information:
http://www.xfire.com/communities/perfectlittleangels/forums/157275/topic/1504084/

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I was wondering the same thing.

I set mine up last night (with the 9999 ping) but in gamespy Arcade, (the stupid app that installs with my DVD BF1) it showed up with a ping of 1ms.

No way am I bypassing the router or firewall.

Being a know but ignored issue with GameSpy doesn't surprise me.
If it's not on the recent best seller's list, they don't have any motive to fix it.  (other than pride in workmanship)

January 07, 2012, 04:59:29 PM #4 Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 05:01:42 PM by Buckler
yes, it worked fine until March 2010  >:(

There is the 9999 "trick" though. 
-Host your own server with game CD
-exit your server
-then you can join the 9999 server
(otherwise you can not)

Check out my gamespy support post:

--------------------------------------

****NOTE: As of March 2010, something changed with Gamespy, and the portforwarding instructions are no longer working correctly. PLA members are currently trying to find out what is going on. Computers that are not behind a firewall do not seem to have this issue.********

The 9999 ping issues has been brought to the attention of gamespy:
http://forums.gamespy.com/action_gaming/b50683/20209837/p1/?14
Feel free to contact them too.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet