1.1 Style

Started by Phobos, April 19, 2011, 04:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Everyone is familiar with 1.0 and 1.2 style. I want to propose my new mod for 1.1 style. Let me define the differences.

1.2 style is all units available, including jets.
1.0 style is trooper, missile, and sniper units. No pilot or specials allowed.

1.1 style is trooper, missile, pilot, and sniper, no specials. The pilots have been server-side modded to remove health packs, and the sniper has been server-side modded to remove recons. This way you can host with or without /unlimitedammo and no units will be overpowered.

How is 1.1 enabled? A simple mod to the sides which disables health packs and recons. A simple mission mod that disables specials. No download required for clients who join the server using these mods. If anyone wants these 1.1 GCW mods for hosting let me know and I will upload them.

That sounds funny, but a good player using the pilot can be better than a good player playing missiles or sniper.

What about cp's ?

Quote from: Syrion on April 20, 2011, 12:31:05 AM
That sounds funny, but a good player using the pilot can be better than a good player playing missiles or sniper.

What about cp's ?

They are hex edited out but that is map lvl not side or mission.

May 30, 2011, 02:41:02 AM #3 Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 02:25:52 AM by Missile
Well, a good Pilot usually doesn't stand a chance against a good Rocket, when he's out of health-ammo packs.  This mod sounds very well done.  :tu: Could you please upload it?
Thanks.
Destroy the left, the front, the right and the back, and leave the rest to the Jedi!

It is a mission.lvl mod and side mods for each era. I can upload them if you want. What maps do you want the specials disabled on?

Well, what I do with those mission.lvl is, that I save them to folders in my SWBF directory, each mod in an individual folder. I wouldn't therefore mind if this 1.1 style applied to all maps - in the mission.lvl files - as I would just backup my original mission.lvl. If it's harder to do it or something, I would be satisfied with Cloud City and Mos Eisley :)
Destroy the left, the front, the right and the back, and leave the rest to the Jedi!

The files have been uploaded. See this thread for download information: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3734.0