N00bs

Started by MacGenius, March 28, 2009, 10:35:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Many of you may think I am a n00b at this point since I am new here but I have played Star Wars: Battlefront for over 2 years. Today I go into a game on bespin Platforms. First of the host is an idiot and hosts Bespin platforms when there are 3 players, but then he goes on from there! He is on the ground and I kill him. He then says "I was Typing" and I shrug it off, I do it again and then he says do it again and I boot you. I say your a noob and then the other player kills him and he boots me.

This is the definition of a N00B!

;-)

MG

...and when have we called you a n00b?

Any I can think of at least one player who has had SWBF for a while but is still a n00b (or nub, try to guess who :P )

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

I never said that anyone did call me a Noob/n00b/nub.  :-o

Quote from: "MacGenius"Many of you may think I am a n00b at this point

uhh

He booted me 2 more times later.

1 For an accidental killing and 1 for something else I forget.

Lol, and guess compared to you i'm a noob.

I'll admit that I am a super n00b. I don't know why I try, but I do.

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).

I'm afraid some ppl get power crazed. how were you to know he was typing?

Here is one of my noob stories:

I was called a noob on my own server then when i asked why i was a noob i got the (most popular) answer of 'cos you are'!  When quizzing more about being a noob I asked what a noob was to which the reply was 'You!'.  Upon even further investigation when I asked again I was told 'if you wern't a noob you would know'. Me, being me, of course kept up with my line of inquiry, receiving in retort a further 'only a noob wouldnt know what a noob was'.  I then started with the noobish act of calling the person that called me said name in the first place a noob!  Of course the reply I got was 'I'm not a noob, youre the noob'. Pushing the original perpetrator I told him that he couldnt answer me about what a noob was as he didnt know himself. As you can imagine this went on for quite a while! (i do feel a tiny pang of guilt at pushing what I assume was some young kid with a big mouth).

After badgering the kid to tell me what a noob was I was told I should go and ask the guy that runs the server and was reliably told that the website address was the same as the name of the server!  Without needing to leave the game and look up said website I said that the guy that runs the site and server wants to know what a noob was, and if he didnt say what it was he had given me 'special access' to the server and was allowed to boot him! I was told that 'the guy' would never give a noob the password to boot ppl (that bit made me actually laugh out loud).  I told him I would prove it, and when asked to do so I swiftly booted him! He logged back on claiming I was a 'noob h4ckR'!  Again I pushed for what a noob is and eventually was told:

'A noob is someone who is nubile!'

hahaha, I still laugh to this day! Especially when someone called Dresh was reported to Dresh on the thisiswar site for being a 'H4ckR'!

Remembering that has just cheered me up! And El Chupacabra why are you a super n00b?

Quotehow were you to know he was typing?

My thoughts exactly.
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate

gr has many noobs.
duh.

Noob... ah, those were the good ole days. I miss being a noob. Old people yearn for the "noob days".
But now I'm just a plain old jedi pwnmaster.  :?
When does someone stop being a noob?
Is it when they start to pwn?
Is it time based, say, after a year of experience? Or when they reach adulthood?
Or maybe they stop being a noob when they make their first mod or map?
Can someone be a noob forever? Or is it destiny that someone stop being a noob one day? .. and does someone stop being a noob overnight.. noob one day, non-noob the next day?
Can I become a noob once again after losing my noobiness? .. or is it like virginity, once you lose it you'll never be a virgin again?
And come to think of it, is "noob" a rank, or a class status? ie., Born a noob, always a noob! Or you can elevate yourself out of noobiness by performing some task or ritual?
... Just something to contemplate  ;-)

Dresh, if you're a n00b, you know.

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).

hahaha, I was wondering more about the 'super' part!  Are you a noob with super powers?

I think you stop being a noob when you've got the sense not to use the word anymore! If you're still calling ppl noobs (and meaning it) you've still got a lot to learn!

Another good answer.  :-P

Quote from: "Ryanoceros"Noob... ah, those were the good ole days. I miss being a noob. Old people yearn for the "noob days".
But now I'm just a plain old jedi pwnmaster.  :?
When does someone stop being a noob?
Is it when they start to pwn?
Is it time based, say, after a year of experience? Or when they reach adulthood?
Or maybe they stop being a noob when they make their first mod or map?
Can someone be a noob forever? Or is it destiny that someone stop being a noob one day? .. and does someone stop being a noob overnight.. noob one day, non-noob the next day?
Can I become a noob once again after losing my noobiness? .. or is it like virginity, once you lose it you'll never be a virgin again?
And come to think of it, is "noob" a rank, or a class status? ie., Born a noob, always a noob! Or you can elevate yourself out of noobiness by performing some task or ritual?
... Just something to contemplate  :P