"Secret" Places to Capture CPs

Started by ~{PLA}~ Seth, October 07, 2009, 04:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I've just been thinking about the "secret" places to capture CPs, and I thought "Why not make a list on MPCGamers?" So here it is. Feel free to contribute your own places, and I will add them to the list. Kind of like Ryanoceros's Custom Map Review. Here are all the ones I know of:

Bespin Platforms:
The Command and Control Cps can be taken on the small ledge above the ramp leading up by the Anti Air Turrets. The Extractor can be taken from behind those little wall type things sticking out from the ceiling. Not so secret, but it sure beats standing out in the open. The Extractor can also be taken from atop the thing right around the CP, but is difficult to get to unless you are a jet unit.

Bespin: Cloud City
The Walkway command post can be taken from slightly out of the room in the little door that connects the CP room and the bridge. The Chamber can be taken from both above and below. Not so secret, again, but different positions can be better depending on the situation.

Endor: Bunker
Nothing here. Move along. Although you might be able to take some CPs on the ramps. Not sure though. I'll test it.

Geonosis: Spire
One of the BEST CP capture points in the game, is atop of Derelict. Fly/Grenade-a-pault up there, and boom, you are beginning to capture the CP. Even better if you are lying down (It is very hard to get up there without a jet. You need a PERFECT nade-a-pault.) and away from the part on top where you can be partially seen.

Hoth: Echo Base
In Echo Base, you can nade-a-pault or jet up to the Millenium Falcon, and close to the edge you can take the CP. The Bunker and Outpost command posts can be taken from the top. Any unit can jump on the rampish part to get up to the roof. The Bunker and Outpost can also be taken from slightly inside the halls linking them to the Shield Generator (In the Bunker's case) and the Control and Echo Base hangar (In the case of the Outpost).

Kamino: Tipoca City.
I don't think there are any here.

Kashyyyk: Islands
Either of the Harbors (East and West) can be captured from any of the huts around the CP. The North Village can be captured inside the long hut. The Landing Zone can also be captured in the long hut nearby.

Kashyyyk: Docks
I don't think there are any here. Let me know if you find one though. ;)

Naboo: Plains
Again, I don't think there's anything special here.

Naboo: Theed.
Once more, I don't think that there any here. The Embassy can be taken from inside the fountain though.

Rhen Var: Harbor
On the Fortress CP, as a jet unit, you can fly up to those tall, skinny things and take the CP from up there. Works on all of them. In the Ice Caves, you can take them from inside that little thing of ice jutting out with the ramp leading up and inside it.

Rhen Var: Citadel
The COurtyard can be captured from slightly up the staircase out of view.

Tatooine: Dune Sea
The Bluff CP can be captured on the edge of the ledge behind it. If you didn't know, you can access this rock platform from a small ramp by the Sarlaac.

Tatooine: Mos Eisley
Lots here. The Housing CP has several buildings around it, and they can all be used to capture them if one the ledges. The best one though, is the one that is in the direction of the Market, where you can lie down and capture it undetected. The Warehouse can be taken from the edge of the house with the stairs on it. The Market can be captured on top of the building with stairs on it and a turret. (If built)

Yavin 4: Temple
The Fountain command post can be captured from atop one of the many similiar squarish platforms in and around the circlular fountain.

Yavin 4: Arena
None that I know of.

Tatooine: Jabba's Palace
None that I know of.

Again, please contribute any information on this topic that you can add and I will add it to the list. Also, if you are having trouble knowing where I'm talking about on some of the places (Likely, as I think my descriptions started to droop towards the end. Some of them are just hard to describe though)
Thanks for reading!

cool, i am random in maps. i like special moves to get into the cp area. i am learning new places to stay while waiting for a killer to spawn. i love frenzy battles.

seth, "Do not bump your own topics unless they are over thirty days old." taken from
http://www.mpcgamers.com/smf/index.php?topic=597.0 you should ask hardcore or some one with  similar power to remove your keeping post alive post. and when they do so it is ok to remove this one.

Thanks for your help, keenmike, but another thing we disapprove of here is junior moderating, or telling people to follow the rules when they have no authority.

So, thanks, but please don't do that again. Either of you.

I think this is a lock.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)