my ideas on what can keep swbf1 alive

Started by Xfire Keenmike aka cull, September 30, 2009, 03:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 30, 2009, 03:18:20 AM Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 04:36:16 PM by keenmike
what do we play most? what are the best fun times you have while playing? how did you have fun playing? what was fun about the game play? were others able to enjoy the same fun you were having? all of the answers generated will help bring us closer to what can keep swbf1 alive. i believe mods keep the game play more intersting, but there are so many types of mods. one mod, very fun to play with because it is online compatible is skins. but imagine unit classes with different guns and different troops all together. if you keep the ammo amounts, weapon kill output, and health the same as the original troop then the skins file will be online compatiable. online compatiable with no crash is the best mod, but dont stop there. if you can do this with troops, why not with the shipped map. i found a bes1.lvl file and i thought to exchange it with the shipped world of my game files and i got a different cloud city. in the new cloud city the fountain was gone and the collums were gone and two walls were missing. i soon realized that if stuff could be taken out then stuff could be added and the new map would be online compatible. this was in a dream i had and it didnt help that one night i by chance found a player out back nade jumping in a box room. the thing about shipped worlds is if you keep the ammount of ammo and health and cp in the same place on the map but with extra buildings and platforms under the city or even above the city and have connecting bridges to those places. the thing is if you do that you get a different shipped map that is online compatible with no crash. others can join in your server and not crash and still benifit from the unseen levels and buildings. also, imagine a city or world with a different look all together. i am not talking about drastic changes just a simple swap of tga files that are already in the shipped mod world files. to see the textures all mixed up would be fun to play in. for example the blue lamp texture file can be copied and paste so it is also a part of the walls and or inside the chamber. i am sorry for wanting more. i dont think anyone has to start making the ideas i talk about unless it is easy for them. i hope some guys already have files i described. i also hope to ask for a release of these files.

Slow down !
Even though you have described it... vividly, it's not so clear what you want...
One of the shipped maps, with simple enhancements? Such as tunnels and bridges?

woly crap i think we should all tell our friends about this. I allready have 2 of them convinced and are now playing SWBF 1 and SWBF II (One of them is mac)

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

September 30, 2009, 09:49:20 PM #3 Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 11:44:13 PM by keenmike
slowly i am pushing my self back to modding skin/ mesh/ weapon changes for regular troops like i havent seen offered to the bf1 community. i am talking about a sides file that goes in your regular game folder that can be played online in multiplayer. i can imagine i play bf1 on my vista pc at work six nights a week and on my one night off i mod the troops at home on my xp pc. I see units for bf2 and would like to run in bf1 maps with them, the standard skins are fine. http://www.filefront.com/14183123/rep-skins.zip/ here are some of the skin/mesh/new weapons changes i have made. i didnt get a chance to put in different weapons.

October 01, 2009, 08:56:23 PM #4 Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 11:43:44 PM by Hardcore
UNIT33, simple enhancements to cloud city is exactly what i would like if it is easy for you? tunnels leading to cool places never before thought of. instead of flying under the city like anyone can do with a mod, i would like to walk under the city and be able to see what is going on from under the city. and as one walks under the city if they choose they could grenade jump up and be sent to the city floor. ramps that lead upwards to super tall buildings and then bridges up high connecting those buildings would be fun. here is a little extra idea, is it possible to have the ramps in places where the ais have no choice but to climb the ramp and end up way up high in a battle so fun it would have to be experienced. but the best part is this battle can be in multiplayer and others can join and not crash. i have a file that came close to what i describe. there is video of it in xfire, or i can take pictures. also what if some tall buildings in cloud city were destroyable then after the building is destroyed a recon strike will be able to clearly hit its next target on a bespin ramp or bridge.