Phobos responded to my Top Mods list

Started by Michaeluj, December 01, 2018, 08:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 01, 2018, 08:11:45 AM Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 10:04:18 AM by Dark_Phantom
*As ridiculous as it is, I'd rather not link out to his site - no offense :) * -DP

I laughed. Seriously, I had a genuinely good time while reading, and only wish that I was informed about it (I really just stumbled upon this page). I'm inclined towards interpreting it as a troll post (given the aggrandizing self-promotion and brazen vitriol over such a harmless topic), but Phobos does seem like a well-informed individual with much more experience in Battlefront 2004 than me, so I'd be extremely happy to talk with him about his honest recommendations for more mods. Some of the ones s/he posted sound interesting by their names alone, and so I hope that they weren't listed as a joke about their quality. Please, if there's great ones I missed, then please let me know!

And by the way, I do think that Naboo: Grassy Plains is an awesome map. When I say that something is weird, I mean that with the utmost positivity and yearn for plenty more just like it.

Phobos is a former member of our community that was banned because of this stuff.  Not mod recommendations, but attacks against the community here.  Server crashing and harassing members of this site that disagreed (in any way) with him are the two big ones.

We've tried to reason with him before but it became too much.  It's this simple to him now: If you post on this site, you are automatically an enemy to him.  His site is a haven for him to slander all of us to his hearts content.

If you wish to have more discussion about this, just let us know.

The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

December 01, 2018, 11:01:57 AM #2 Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 12:52:13 PM by Michaeluj
Huh. Interesting. I guess that explains why the SWBFModders forum literally only has him as a poster (I presumed it was just an attempt to parody his community contributions as a sort of 'one-man-team' effort, given how much he posts about server hosting in his newsletter).

Regardless, I looked through his other posts, found more that reference me, and enjoyed their satirical spin. I don't have a problem with his humor, even when interpreting it from the lens of being an enemy, since literally everything is so exaggerated that legitimate criticism is hard (if not impossible) to discern. Like, if someone mocks everything, then are they really mocking anything?

But okay, I'll refrain from mentioning him again unless legitimate concerns develop.

Where's your top mods list? I'd love to take a look.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Quote from: Michaeluj on December 01, 2018, 12:53:14 PM
It's actually like 5 posts down, lol. Here you go:

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=13044.0

That's a pretty decent list TBF. Sereja's maps in particular should always make top 10s.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Quote from: Michaeluj on December 01, 2018, 11:01:57 AM
Huh. Interesting. I guess that explains why the SWBFModders forum literally only has him as a poster (I presumed it was just an attempt to parody his community contributions as a sort of 'one-man-team' effort, given how much he posts about server hosting in his newsletter).

Regardless, I looked through his other posts, found more that reference me, and enjoyed their satirical spin. I don't have a problem with his humor, even when interpreting it from the lens of being an enemy, since literally everything is so exaggerated that legitimate criticism is hard (if not impossible) to discern. Like, if someone mocks everything, then are they really mocking anything?

But okay, I'll refrain from mentioning him again unless legitimate concerns develop.
The thing is, they are not satire.  He legitimately thinks everything he is saying is true.  And though yours may look satirical, the things he has said about many other community members are harassment.
We can talk more in PMs if you need to. 
I'm in no way upset - others have found his sites, and it has been mentioned somewhere in other places in the forum, but once in a while history does need to be iterated to inform new members.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

I may not necessarily need to discuss the matter, but I'm curious about this past element of the community and what impact it may have caused. I'm really interested in Battlefront history and, while this is only tied to that in an ancillary sense, it still might be worthwhile for the sake of keeping records. So much internet history becomes lost over the years that it would be a shame for such a peculiar narrative to likewise become forgotten.