New game: Star Wars: Attack squadrons

Started by {PLA}gdh92, December 17, 2013, 10:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Disney have just announced that the attack squadron game they have been working on will be a free to play space combat game. Are you ready for microtransactions? ;)

Story; http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/17/disneys-star-wars-attack-squadrons-is-free-to-play-pc-game-4234535/

Website; http://www.starwarsattacksquadrons.com/
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

It's a Star Wars game with explosions in space. What could go wrong?

Quote from: YULE-NIT 33 on December 17, 2013, 10:43:57 AM
What could go wrong?

If only you hadn't said that...
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Ya microtransactions....I bet it will be like a clone wars adventures in terms of paying to play (might be wrong though).Still  it can be good speacially for people who liked air combat in SWBF.

If SWBF had better physics for flying (or at least some physics, all this 2d plane gravity is a load of crap.), I wouldn't even consider getting that game when it comes out.
But I hope they do a good job on this game, it would be nice to have a space shooter..

-Withholding Judgment till I try it-

If it has:
In depth controls and flight-sim like action = good
Pre-programmed barrel rolls and 2 button interface = lame beyond compare

December 17, 2013, 01:58:37 PM #6 Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 02:12:00 PM by {Alpha}Gold Claus
I'm thinking of signing up for the beta, but I don't think I will for two reasons:

A) Laptops a literal piece of crap. If this thing overheats from SWBFII, I doubt that it will handle Attack Squadrons very well.
B) I've never really played much of flying shooter games. Rogue Squadron III is the most experience I've ever had in it, and even then I grew bored of it eventually.

I would honestly love to sign up for the beta, but I'm not sure I'd be able to maintain much interest in it, even if I did have a decent gaming rig. And since I know that won't be happening for quite some time, I think it's safe to say my laptop would overheat from even the beta.

To summarize, I'd love to play it, but my laptop sucks, and I don't think I could keep an active interest in it.

I can understand signing up for the beta of an ambitious and bar-raising project... but this just looks like a bog standard dogfighter.

December 17, 2013, 03:40:37 PM #8 Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 03:50:28 PM by {TCE}Call-of-Raindeer
Dear God I can't believe I actually made a Disney account (One of the side effects of the game, the other ones were way worse like bleeding from the eyes, ringing ears... inverted watchyacallit).
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Yes yes yes Birdo,if this game is worth playing,i hope to see you and the Terror squad in that game :P.I hope i can use my joystick because it would be the only game i can use that besudes combat fligth simulator,btw if anyone wants to try a good,fun and easy aircraft game,War thunder is F2P on steam.

I can see it now: Only 3-4 ships in the base game. Pay 10 dollars for your chance to fly a Y-Wing or X-wing!

In all seriousness, this doesn't sound like the most ambitious project, though I'll probably give it a spin or two. Some F2P games are really good (Dota 2, Blacklight, SWTOR was decent) but I have my doubts here.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

Quote from: Droideka on December 17, 2013, 07:35:25 PM
Blacklight

I plan on getting this game when I'm on break. I checked the requirements, and the minimum GPU is a Radeon 2800 series. Luckily I run the 3200 series, so I should be able to run this game, right? :P

(I also checked the other minimum specs, and I'm up to code with those too :D)

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Claus on December 17, 2013, 08:08:21 PM
I plan on getting this game when I'm on break. I checked the requirements, and the minimum GPU is a Radeon 2800 series. Luckily I run the 3200 series, so I should be able to run this game, right? :P

(I also checked the other minimum specs, and I'm up to code with those too :D)

You probably can then, I have a mediocre laptop and the game runs really well on mine. Keep in mind when you play that since the game has been out for awhile, the renting system has been nerfed and items cost a lot now, so that you almost have to spend 10-20 dollars just to play the game somewhat consistently. For a good 6 months though that game was one of my favorites, it's a top notch shooter.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

So basically it's a slightly improved rogue squadron with cool ship skins?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder