SplitScreen?

Started by Kit Fisto, November 17, 2012, 10:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 17, 2012, 10:36:27 PM Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 10:45:32 PM by Kit Fisto
hey guys! I was wondering if it is possible to get SplitScreen into SWBF PC ( or Mac ). I mean there is 1 computer, 2 controlers and the screen is split! I know the xbox start screen was gotten into SWBFI PC. So maybe this is possible?
Please let there be a way! It's kinda urgent...

EDIT: here is the xbox/ps2 screen on a PC. [spoiler][/spoiler]
It was done by SK.

I remember long ago seeing screenshots of someone getting split screen into the PC version....but he only had one set of controls working, the other screen would just be sitting in unit selection or what not. so basically he was playing with half a screen :-/
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Not sure what we can discuss here. :) Could you use a PS2 emulator and the PS2 game? And something like motioninjoy(gamepad tool) to get the controllers working?
Or get a good graphics card, use two screens and trick the LAN somehow?
That's complete guesswork. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Thanks for the info guys. Does anyone esle know of any kind of splitscreen type thing?

Heh, I don't think those plug into computers...

Hey you got it! But I guess it stops there.  :bye:
Now that we are on the subject is there a way to get the PS2 sides into the PC version of SWBF? Like the speed of the units, camera angle weapon speeds etc?

They share the same ODFs though... (I think)

Hmm that's odd. I'm not doubting you I just think that if you look at any SWBFI PS2 gameplay video the sides are different. As in speed etc.  :shrug: Do you know what I mean?

You could be watching beta footage.

Na Man ( <-- Click ) :)
Those aren't beta footage, I'm sure of it. Didn't you say you had SWBF for PS2 and you played it? How about pulling it out again and checking?

I'm getting sick of these "Let me Google that for you.". For starters I can't watch through every single video there, a link to a specific one would be nice. But I am fairly certain that Rhen Var doesn't have Hailfire droids in the final build. (The first video that comes up.)

Ok I'm sorry for using the let me google thing. Sorry.  :slap:
Here is a link to a vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVQZf9eKtcc&feature=related
Maybe it's just me but it looks like everything moves a lot slower.  :shrug:

That beta footage of SWBF was pretty cool! I want to see more of that!

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on November 18, 2012, 02:56:59 AM
Not sure what we can discuss here. :) Could you use a PS2 emulator and the PS2 game? And something like motioninjoy(gamepad tool) to get the controllers working?
Or get a good graphics card, use two screens and trick the LAN somehow?
That's complete guesswork. :)
Playing Battlefront on PCSX2 is close to impossible. It is not because of the graphics, but the computer has to emulate and keep track of 400 AI or so and it has to track every single explosion and blaster shot. PCSX2 has come a long way as an emulator. I can play games like Kingdom Hearts and FFX flawlessly, actually I can play KH at  70-90fps and FFX up to 300fps. However, because of what is described up earlier for Battlefront, the best frame-rate you could get would be around 20fps, and that's if you are lucky. I had to maul the graphics to get to 20fps. Battlefront usually plays around 5-10fps on an emulator.

For me PC and Ps2 swbf are the same. One of the ammo bots on CC is missing on ps2 but i can still get ammo if i stand were it is on the PC. werid. The CC looks a bit smaller, maybe it's just me :P

I still don't get it....
Why would you want your screen to be twice as small? I don't think mine is big enough!?