how to edit models

Started by Kade, August 20, 2018, 08:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
i want to edit playermodels like the ep3 clonetrooper rifleman. how would i edit the playermodel in like blender or something. also how do i get sides to work. i always do DC:Side but most of the time this crashes my game.
KadeEclipse

You can use Blender to edit models if you like but it's probably easier to use XSI Softimage. That's because you'll have to export the model through XSI Softimage anyway.

Also, what specific changes are you making to the sides folder? What did you change to make it crash?

ah thanks. hmm it was a few months ago that i did it but like sometimes i used to change the textures of the troopers or the weapons they have. or even try and add a vehicle or unit from another side.

also sorry moderators i realised this is in the wrong place.. SORRYYY!!
KadeEclipse

Well, a good thing to do is make one change at a time. That way, you'll know if it's the vehicle or the weapon changes that's making the map crash.

good idea xD thanks
KadeEclipse

how do i get the model into softimage??
KadeEclipse

You install the ZE Tools XSI Softimage addon and then select "import msh".

For all your questions relating to XSI Softimage, you should look in these boards:

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?board=67.0
http://gametoast.com/viewforum.php?f=36&sid=4353355f45c2a4676ebf1286cd9b06f2

August 22, 2018, 03:25:52 PM #7 Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 04:56:17 PM by KadeEclipse
thank you so much i have my model into softimage. but how would one import it to blender as im unfamiliar with softimage? or how would one change the camera to a free camera and export parts of a mesh to add to another?

here is a image of what i'm trying to make.. a helmet less clone trooper that i'm going to use on the rebels side as ex republic troopers. i also need to figureout how to rename the unit and also how i would add the dc-15s to the rebels side aswell to be used for the ex clone trooper. can anyone help?
https://imgur.com/gallery/iDvvXcz

basically if anyone is able to make the Jedi01 head go onto the ep3 rifleman and put that on a separate side called "reb" so that it would work with the dc-15s that would be really really helpful. i'm really stuck and when ever i try and make a side and add a custom side they don't work or there units and vehicles never appear and i think its because i never can get the correct assets for them.
KadeEclipse

August 23, 2018, 04:43:42 AM #8 Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 04:45:45 AM by swgaming1015
If you really want to edit the model in Blender instead of XSI Softimage, then you should export the .msh as .obj and then import the .obj into blender. Don't forget to convert the model back to .msh when you're done editing it.

As for the dc-15s, you just add them like you add any other weapon. Put the files in the msh and ODF folders and reference them in the trooper's ODF file.

when i go to export there is only one option to export which is msh
KadeEclipse

You don't export to .obj using the ZE Tools. I think you do File>Export if I remember correctly.

yeah i know but obj is blacked out
KadeEclipse

It's probably blacked out because you haven't selected the model in XSI Softimage properly. You need to middle click the model in the explorer window (I think you bring it up with Alt + eight). The whole thing should turn blue if I remember correctly.

hmm still dont work for me. i dont know what im doing wrong? :slap:
KadeEclipse