Favorite Aliens In SWBF1?

Started by Phobos, August 03, 2012, 09:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are your five favorite alien creatures which swbf1 has playable unit models for?

Aqualish
1 (4.5%)
Bith
4 (18.2%)
Bothan
1 (4.5%)
Cerean
0 (0%)
Chistori
2 (9.1%)
Duros
1 (4.5%)
Ewok
7 (31.8%)
Falleen
0 (0%)
Gamorrean
3 (13.6%)
Geonosian
4 (18.2%)
Gran
3 (13.6%)
Gungan
1 (4.5%)
Itorian
4 (18.2%)
Jawa
8 (36.4%)
Kaminoan
1 (4.5%)
Kel Dor
0 (0%)
Mon Calamarian
2 (9.1%)
Nautolan
1 (4.5%)
Neimoidian
1 (4.5%)
Quermian
1 (4.5%)
Rakata
3 (13.6%)
Rancorian Pharoh
3 (13.6%)
Rodian
7 (31.8%)
Torguta
1 (4.5%)
Trandoshan
3 (13.6%)
Tusken
4 (18.2%)
Twi'Lek
3 (13.6%)
Vong
0 (0%)
Vurk
0 (0%)
Wampa
2 (9.1%)
Wookiee
4 (18.2%)
Yoda
3 (13.6%)
Zabrak
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

August 03, 2012, 09:24:26 PM Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 04:19:16 AM by Phobos
Select up to five of your favorite aliens. I will keep the poll results in mind for my upcoming alien mod. Stuff like rancor and acklay aren't included on the list because they are currently only usable as vehicles not playable units (yet).

Modelers: We need low meshes for most of these aliens still. Alien Assets v4 is a long way from release since the new alien model ports have slowed down to about 2-3 per year.

Rodians, Chistori, and Trandoshans will always be among my favorite.

i chose my favorite 4 aliens: Bothan, Jawa, Rancorian Pharoh, and Twi`Lek. :tu:
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

My favorit aliens is surely Ewok, Itorian and Mon Calamari.
I am also may include Talz, if Tripider ever finish it...
I notest, you include Kaminoean, in your list, but I never found them in any released assets... Are you sure, they was released?
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Sereja on August 04, 2012, 09:20:45 AM
I notest, you include Kaminoean, in your list, but I never found them in any released assets... Are you sure, they was released?
The great modder called Napseeker made many aliens that had never been in SWBF1 before, one of them being a kaminoean. You should try some of his mission maps Sereja! They are really quite good!! He has his own downloads section in the maps catagory... ( like you! )

Quote from: Sereja on August 04, 2012, 09:20:45 AM

These assets I only found recently (they are in my alien assets v3.7 folder). They will be in the alien model assets v4 pack. I can upload now for you here though.

http://www.speedyshare.com/wC4Hf/Kaminoan-Assets.7z

readme
[spoiler]
///////////////KAMINOAN SIDE ASSET\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
//////////////////By MandeRek\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Introduction
----------------------------------------------------------------
These are the actual source files for my Kaminoan. No munged level, a side folder.
To install this, you need to be a modder. If you can't mod, you need to wait till I release my Kamino; Indoor Base map
This side includes a new model, with cloth properties, odfs set up, also for the weapon, and a custom weapon model and laser.(oh and a haywire detonator, edited from the stock Gungan one)

Kaminoans are inhabitants of Kamino, and the most alien -alike species around I think.
It was time someone made them, and although not perfect, I think this is a nice simple model for the few (actually.. none?) Kamino maps around!

For installation instructions, just add the common folder from assets\common and the kam folder from this download to your modid's SIDE folder,
make sure to make a kam folder in the _BUILD and add munge.bat and clean.bat, and load it through the script;

ReadDataFile("dc:SIDE\\kam.lvl",
            "kam_inf")

If this is all spanish to you, and you're not spanish yourself, make sure to check gametoast.com/forums if you're having difficulty adding this side.

Editing
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm perfectly fine if you edit him to give him new weapons, change the weapon model or whatever.
Also, a reskin is okay, as long as it's a good, or a simple one (hue-saturation, or more detail)
If it's a very good one, make sure to share it to me on GT so I can use it as well :P

I'ld rather not have the model edited. I know it's not perfect yet, but I might edit it,
and I'm sortof protective of my models hehe (must be dutch (greedy) blood running through my vanes)

Anyhow, make sure to credit me, MandeRek, for any asset or file you've used from this side
(Mostly for the Kaminoan files, obviously)

Known impurities
* The cloth floats through the feet sometimes.. Must be the collision sphere; might fix that
* The weapon model is really simple.
* The trail effect doesn't show up (also, PE isn't showing all functions for me, making effect-editing nearly impossible :[ )
* Armor skin might need improvement, still, not all Kaminoans wear the same clothing so why shouldn't one wear cloths like these huh?
* His legs are difficult to get properly animated since it's a different type than human ones

Credits
Credits to Lucasarts for the assets and original Haywire Detonator from the Gun side.

"THIS LEVEL IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.  ELEMENTS TM & (C) LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD." 

Contact and Download information
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Go to gametoast.com/forums for help, or PM me there (MandeRek)
Download link and file info at gametoast as well, under the Released Assets section (Search the List in the FAQ)
[/spoiler]

Nice model! Thank's for uploading.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

I shall vote "Rodian" since I've met the guy who wore the costume for Greedo.

Quote from: Regent on August 05, 2012, 04:00:31 AM
I shall vote "Rodian" since I've met the guy who wore the costume for Greedo.
Really?! That's awesome!!! I have yet to meet any of the actors from star wars. But I'll make it to a star wars celebration sometime!!!!

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on August 05, 2012, 06:20:48 AM
Really?! That's awesome!!! I have yet to meet any of the actors from star wars. But I'll make it to a star wars celebration sometime!!!!
I have also met Boba Fett & the bloke who was inside R2D2... It was at some weird 30th Anniversary thing full of uber-nerds.

I've seen lots of the props used in the movies...
I really want to meet Anthony Daniels and George Lucas. ( well who doesn't want to meet them! )

Quote from: Sereja on August 04, 2012, 05:42:25 PM
Nice model! Thank's for uploading.
also use this height in the unit odf for best results
SkeletonRootScale       = "1.25"

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on August 05, 2012, 10:12:19 AM
I really want to meet Anthony Daniels and George Lucas. ( well who doesn't want to meet them! )
That would be me I'm not a very big Star Wars fan I used to be but not any more. Shame there is no Selkath model, I would love to see them.

Quote from: SleepKiller on August 07, 2012, 08:34:44 PM
That would be me I'm not a very big Star Wars fan I used to be but not any more. Shame there is no Selkath model, I would love to see them.
I would also like to see Selkath species ported to SWBF.

Here is a link to GLM & TGA assets I found for Selkath
http://www.speedyshare.com/NECw3/SelkathGLMAssets.7z

We need help from someone who knows how to build unit models in XSI to convert it to MSH properly.

Quote from: SleepKiller on August 07, 2012, 08:34:44 PM
How do you stop liking Star Wars?! You know what, this gave me an idea for a poll.

My favorite ailen is th Ewoks and Ra... Nevermind :P , Hey Phobos! My friend named 212 Vixo said you are really "nice" and say real "nice words" hope all that is true. :D