Frontwire Studio's Battlefront no longer in production thanks to EA.

Started by Luna-old, July 31, 2016, 01:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm very mad with EA, they have not allowed Frontwire Studios to produce their Battlefront: Galaxy In Turmoil. Lucasfilm contacted the president of Frontwire Stuidos and requested that they stop using the Star Wars IP even though Frontwire claim it falls under the fair use act.

When reading the post, Lucasfilm said that they had contacted EA and said if they could allow that to go through, and as EA are money hogging people, they declined claiming it would 'Harm their Battlefront franchise.'

I think this wouldn't, as the PEOPLE want a better Battlefront than EA's one. Lucasfilm said that they wanted to allow Frontwire studios to continue, but because of their contract with EA, they claim that is not possible.

The post is here: http://frontwirestudios.com/the-future-of-galaxy-in-turmoil/

Frontwire claim that they will make a Battlefront type of game, but it will not be related to star wars.

EA has once again, ruined something that they knew would be much better than their own game!
The years just fly past, don't they?

I like EA.
[spoiler]
I hope EA go bankrupt to the point where they can't feed their families.
[/spoiler]

My words to EA:
[spoiler]
https://www.youtube.com/v/jx-HkTEV5YU?version=3&hl=en_US;allowFullScreen="true"
[/spoiler]
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 31, 2016, 01:26:02 PM
I like EA.
[spoiler]
I hope EA go bankrupt to the point where they can't feed their families.
[/spoiler]

My words to EA:
[spoiler]
https://www.youtube.com/v/jx-HkTEV5YU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US;allowFullScreen="true"
[/spoiler]

I support this.

Well :censored:, seems that EA didn't want that happening. Real shame that it happened, I guess EA can't accept the fact that there are people out there who can produce games better than them.

I seriously wonder why there is such a massive wall between consumerism and capitalists. All these things that consumers suggest that they know people like them would buy, but somehow it gets drowned out by the bigwigs that decide "No, we want to go this route and make even less money than the idea they're suggesting". I know production costs are probably a factor in some of these scenarios, but come on. Heck, I've even had an idea regarding EA Sports' decision on "release a new game featuring the same software but change the characters", but I haven't exactly gone big with that.

Brief ramble, but TL;DR, it's shocking to think that consumers can come up with better, more profitable ideas than the guys at the top.

I have to ask, though...

...Did anyone actually think EA would be nice and level headed for once? Whenever have they been a corporation of rationality?
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

I would've thought that Lucasfilm would've been able to give them the rights even though EA has them as well.

Lucasfilm own the IP, so it makes no sense why they wouldn't be able too.

Quote from: Darth Nyx on July 31, 2016, 03:43:48 PM
I would've thought that Lucasfilm would've been able to give them the rights even though EA has them as well.

EA got exclusive rights for game development.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

It would be nice of the FrontWire people just kept making it behind the scenes without anyone knowing then just upload it one day randomly...
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

It's a shame Free Radical went under during the 2008 financial crisis. I always wonder what it would have been like if Battlefront III made it to release.

With Battlefront 2015 getting rushed to release for The Force Awakens, I'm worried that the same might happen with Battlefront 2017 for Episode 8. There definitely should be question over the course that DICE/EA chooses to take the franchise.

I'm wondering what will happen once EA's exclusive publishing rights run out. Hopefully there will be more than one publisher open to release Star Wars games. By having only one publisher, we have to wait years apart for releases.

It is a multiyear deal, but I have not found a link that gives exactly how many years--although I thought I read somewhere that it was on the order of 10-15 years.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

EA doesn't want any competition. How sad.... FrontWire's new game had some definite potential going for them, was excited to see it when it got released, but of course EA screwed it up just like they did with their Battlefront.

Quote from: Led on July 31, 2016, 08:22:22 PM
It is a multiyear deal, but I have not found a link that gives exactly how many years--although I thought I read somewhere that it was on the order of 10-15 years.

I should be around for this. Around to see new companies come in and crush EA's trash if all goes well. Do you think the Battlefront series will have another reboot around that time? It would make sense since this Battlefront came out 11 years later. Except hopefully not rushed.

Wonder if any project builds of Galaxy in Turmoil will be "leaked"? I'm sure even the Experimental Builds would beat EA's games :XD:

Off topic, I know why EA's servers are slow.
[spoiler]
All that "hate" mail.
[/spoiler]
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on August 02, 2016, 12:25:38 AM
I should be around for this. Around to see new companies come in and crush EA's trash if all goes well. Do you think the Battlefront series will have another reboot around that time? It would make sense since this Battlefront came out 11 years later. Except hopefully not rushed.

Wonder if any project builds of Galaxy in Turmoil will be "leaked"? I'm sure even the Experimental Builds would beat EA's games :XD:

Off topic, I know why EA's servers are slow.
[spoiler]
All that "hate" mail.
[/spoiler]

Everything EA touches turns into garbage. And that fact extends to its proxy companies like DICE. They ruined another one of my favorite series, Command and Conquer  :td:

I hope stuff does get leaked, maybe (most likely not, but you can hope) EA can finally realize what they're doing wrong.
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

Quote from: Ascertes on August 02, 2016, 10:44:22 AM
Everything EA touches turns into garbage. And that fact extends to its proxy companies like DICE. They ruined another one of my favorite series, Command and Conquer  :td:

I hope stuff does get leaked, maybe (most likely not, but you can hope) EA can finally realize what they're doing wrong.

As long as the money is coming into their pockets, they will continue being like they are now.

But, if a alpha release does get leaked, then the modding community might be able to finish it.

Hmm, now correct me if I'm wrong, but If the game was free to play instead, and the developers weren't making any profit off it, wouldn't it technically be perfectly legal? I'm pretty sure it falls under the category of 'fan creations' if no profit is being made. Although, I imagine EA would still try to find the smallest loophole to shut them down, regardless.