[WIP]Ilum: Sanctuary

Started by Snake, August 02, 2013, 10:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 02, 2013, 10:03:18 PM Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 10:19:07 PM by Snake
After doing more work on the Museum, I am again, beyond sick of working on it. So I needed a side project for when I get frustrated with the Museum. Well, I have never made a good snow map so I decided to make Ilum. So far this map is awesome. One of the biggest features is that I have used only models that I MADE.  :D So this is not just re-using Rhen Var stuff. Although, I may use a few of those props. I have made tons of models and it looks great so far. Also, finally, the Talz get to appear in their own planet's map!

Here's some pics:
[spoiler]
Sanctuary Entrance

Snow Jet

Talz

Talz Chief (watch out for that dude)

Talz Chief Spear Throw

"The Pass"

The Sanctuary (needs a texture fix)

Temple Ruin

[/spoiler]

There will be more soon!

Things to do:
-Details to main CP's
-More ruins
-Fix Sanctuary
-Build Talz stuff
-Skins
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I think your old Crystal map is good. :)

Try imgur.com for the pictures. Works every time for me.

Lol very good.Hey now with the new gloss effect you can make and shiny ice in some places.   :happy:

Looks cool, Snake! Perhaps you should take Ginev's advice and add some shiny ice to some parts of the map. Other than that, the map does look pretty good, same with adding the Talz and Snow Jets. Just curious, have you decided on using some of the Clone Wars episodes for reference? (The one that has the Padawans in the sanctuary anyways.) There's some good scenes you could use for reference there, if you haven't already.

August 03, 2013, 08:48:42 AM #5 Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 10:11:14 AM by Snake
Quote from: Ginev on August 03, 2013, 12:24:17 AM
Lol very good.Hey now with the new gloss effect you can make and shiny ice in some places.   :happy:

That's a great idea! Thanks!

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on August 03, 2013, 07:06:18 AM
Looks cool, Snake! Perhaps you should take Ginev's advice and add some shiny ice to some parts of the map. Other than that, the map does look pretty good, same with adding the Talz and Snow Jets. Just curious, have you decided on using some of the Clone Wars episodes for reference? (The one that has the Padawans in the sanctuary anyways.) There's some good scenes you could use for reference there, if you haven't already.

Yeah, I've seen the cartoon one and the animated one but most of those buildings are out of my league..

---

There's a ton of ice models that were scrapped in the Rhen Var assets. but some are more transparent than others.. Maybe they couldn't decide which kind to use so they scrapped it.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Does someone want to do me a huge favor and give these gloss + maybe fix the transparency difference..?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

This looks awesome Snake  :tu:
Sometimes one must endure the darkness to see the brightest of lights. - anonymous

Those could be awesome for infantry battles in between huge ice models.

When fighting the Talz, the only thing you can do is call an airstrike..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

What I think would be really awesome, is if you had a completely new effect that looked like a huge shock wave and blue explosion, and it killed everything within a CC courtyard's radius of its hit. (Rumble should go a little further to stay accurate.)

But you only get 1 ordnance, and it doesn't recharge with a R4 unit.
--
It would be a major hit in the map.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on August 15, 2013, 08:27:44 PM
It would be a  *put on sunglasses*  8) major hit in the map.

YYEEAAHHH!!!!

I couldn't resist! :P

But yeah, that would be cool, I like the screenie there Snake, I'm looking forward to your new take on Ilum. :D

August 15, 2013, 09:05:20 PM #11 Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 10:09:23 PM by Snake
Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on August 15, 2013, 08:27:44 PM
What I think would be really awesome, is if you had a completely new effect that looked like a huge shock wave and blue explosion, and it killed everything within a CC courtyard's radius of its hit. (Rumble should go a little further to stay accurate.)

But you only get 1 ordnance, and it doesn't recharge with a R4 unit.
--
It would be a major hit in the map.

Well, for this map I didn't want to edit the sides too much. But, i think that is a great idea. I don't think it could be a courtyard radius because it'd probably destroy the bomber too. xP However, I will give this a shot!

---Edit

The new bomb! (I know it's backwards but I'll fix that)

http://www.xfire.com/videos/60c529
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Not to condone your work or anything, but... it really looks nothing like Ilum. But, it's in it's early stages so, lets see what you make!

Ilum is more crispy than snowy, so probably yeah.
--
Not sure exactly what you planned, but I think the missles Phobos posted about would do rather nicely http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=6527.0

I love the explosion, wasn't that in one of the Apex glitching mods too?

August 16, 2013, 10:11:03 AM #14 Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 10:34:58 AM by {TcF}=Rick={G}(305th-Infantry)
Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on August 16, 2013, 10:08:38 AM
Ilum is more crispy than snowy, so probably yeah.

Crispy, is an excelent description! It's also.. jagged. Sharp. And fluorescent..? But yeah! Ilum's lighting comes from the crystals itself!

Edit: Like the next post says, this is a good representation as well.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]