Hyperion 2: Tunnels Of Death

Started by Snake, July 06, 2013, 06:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 06, 2013, 06:50:46 PM Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 09:14:32 PM by Snake
Yep, it's HERE! I didn't do too much modification to the sides but there are some new zombies and a few modifications to the weapons. Also, there's a new damage system where it takes about 3 zombie hits to kill someone on story mode, which makes it more COD like and slightly easier.

BUT, not too easy. In fact, I was following Mace Windu around to ensure my safety and I watched as he was SURROUNDED and TORN APART BY THE HORDE. This is the UN-EDITED MACE WINDU.

Here's his health stats:

MaxHealth             = 1000000.0
AddHealth            = 1000000.0

Here's a normal person's health stat:

MaxHealth          = 300.0

Yeah.

--------------

Story:

So, you managed to survive the zombie horde that swarmed the Hyperion installation? Well now you have to go on the offensive. There is too much money to lose in these mines.. You and a large force of the Empire's best will be sent into the tunnels, yes, INTO the tunnels-the home of the zombies.. You have to exterminate all of them. Or die trying..

OLD PICS:
[spoiler]

Luckily there's still time to relax and play some Black Ops 2.

I made this zombie. :)

THE HORDE!

Some tried to escape but the doors were closed..

Uh-oh

Vader vs Zombie

Luke vs Flamethrower

Nope.

Fabulous Zombie

[/spoiler]
I am too lazy to upload new pics right now, but later I will add a picture of Iron Man in his serejaciousness. (The map is darker than these pics and some weapons have been changed.)

-----------------------------

*STORY MODE*

-Navy Commando-
-DC-15 AR
-Sonic Pistol
-Nades
-Flares

-Heavy Navy Commando-
-SJ Flamethrower Mk. II
-EE-3 Carbine
-Nades

-Heavy Evo Trooper-
-Z-7 Rotary Blaster Cannon
-Flechette Launcher
-Nades
-Mines

*INSANE MODE*

I gave you guys a little entertainment for when you just feel like slaughtering everything.

-IRON MAN-
-Stark Hand Laser
-Stark Compact Minigun
-Stark Disc Explosives Mk. II
*Takes 3 zombie hits to kill him because he's Iron Man.

-AN ANGRY LITTLE BOY-
-Tantrum Push
-AT-TE Portable Laser Launcher (His dad is an AT-TE manufacturing CEO(which is why he's spoiled))

-Mafia Boss-
-Thompson Sub-Machine Gun
-M9
-Flare
-Frag
*He doesn't have the classic hat

----------------

Bugs:
-The usual "clumping" that happens on zombie maps. It make's it a lot harder/funner, though.
-Some zombies may get stuck on mushrooms every now and then. I tried to be conservative on the mushrooms for this reason.
-For some reason on the Survivors, the lowres of some models show the zombie counterpart lowres. I could have fixed this but I kept it for awesomeness and realism. Because, in a dark terrifying cave you'd probably often mistake your own for zombies. So be careful who you shoot! (Or don't you heartless jerk.)
-There may be a few spots where survivors can shoot through walls. I worked rediculously hard to fix this but I may have left some open.
-Angry boy has scoliosis or something.

---------------------

CREDS:
-Blaine invented by Phobos based on zombie dream
-"Luke Dooku" Kit-bashing Dooku head to Luke body by Tirpider
-Scientist lab coat by Unit 33
-Sereja = WW2 Flamethrower, Iron Man helmet, Tommy Gun
-Sky_216 = ground textures, caves (I reskinned)
-Caleb1117 = the chaingun
-Tirpider = Sewing Iron Man together
-Parhicida = Boba's Rifle (I resized & did .odf), DC-15AR (I did .odf)
-Rogueknight = DC15AR
-CodaRez = Evo Trooper
-CodaRez = Navy Commandos
-Taivyx = M9
-Sleepkiller = A good bit of help along the way
-Phobos = Loving zombie maps and dealing with sound trouble
-Unit 33 = the original Hyperion idea, Mafia Skin, Iron Man skin, some ground textures
-Snake(me) = Creating rediculous zombie fun (easier than listing everything)
-Pandemic = Duh!
-God = Duh!

SWBFGamers.com
TheSnakeSite.webs.com

DOWNLOAD IT:
Mediafire
SWBFGamers

*Updates to the map may be made*
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

WOOOOOOOOOO! Downloading this now! :panic:

(oh. whoops... you can move this comment to the other thread...)

Exellent I've been looking forward to playing this map for a while. I'll post a review soon.

Just played this with my good friend Shazam on a server. LOVE IT! The story mode always has you wondering where the next zombie is! Also loved mowing down the undead with a chaingun (honestly who doesn't?).

You were right though, there was one part where the zombies were grouped together, and me and Shazam just ripped 'em to pieces. As for the walls I didn't see any spots with the AI shooting through. The party mode with the three new classes was real fun though! Iron Man was a complete boss to run around with in the tunnels, and the Mafia guy was cool to play as too. The angry kid was funny, he was like a little midget with no neck! Wickedly awesome though with the AT-TE cannon, loved to blow the zombies up with that.

On a side note, if you want it to be an extreme challenge, turn your brightness and contrast settings to low, like very low. You won't see a thing! Except the odd teammate or zombie in the lights, and the blue mushrooms.

Boy oh boy, that was a hilarious. I really enjoyed slaughtering the zombies with Iron Man. As GM said, turn your brightness down for an awesome experience. I turned my brightness all the way down and my contrast all the way up. It was epic trying to survive.

If there's gonna be a Hyperion 3 (PLEASE), you should make it darker and have flashlights as a secondary weapon.  8)

The map, sides, effects, and everything else is great. I like this map even more than the first Hyperion. Great job to everyone who contributed to this mod. 9/10 since a few AI pathing bugs but this doesn't take away from the mod as much as some others.

If you can take a camera angle top view screenshot of the map I could probably help with adding a minimap texture. It should be easier to make with a map like this.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. I had a lot of fun testing it.

A few tips for those of you who like tactics:
-Flashlights aren't possible (yet) so I made a flare. I believe it's the mafia boss and navy commando who have those. The flare is VERY useful. The best places to use it are 1. When you want to camp in one place 2. You find a clump of zombs (that way they can't swarm you as easy) 3. When you just need some light

-I just forgot the others but I might remember later.

Also, I don't think there will be a Hyperion 3 but I might make a few changes to this one later. I also have a little mini-release of awesomeness coming up that should entertain you all for a while.

@Phobos yeah I can't make mini maps but I was thinking about it and I think with the whole dark-terrifying theme, its increased with not having a minimap to guide you. Idk, that's my thoughts, do you think it should?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

July 06, 2013, 09:17:04 PM #7 Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 09:28:57 PM by Phobos
@snake yes the minimap would help.
the new health buff is also a good improvement.

also, you could make bacta drops called from the side lvl instead of common if you wanted to them to heal more. its more challenging without this but still a good idea to keep in mind.

edit: I also noticed some "black untextured" walls at the north end of map. Some msh missing a TGA you might want to add something there

Alright, guys there will be a v 2.0 somewhat soon.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

July 08, 2013, 05:17:01 PM #9 Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 05:24:55 PM by DarthNILIUS0517
This is really awesome snake good job on this  :tu:
I thought the first hyperion was the pinacle of zombie awsomeness in swbf but this .. this is just epic, save for ai pathing issues ..  ( not to discredit the first one which was also insanely good )
Sometimes one must endure the darkness to see the brightest of lights. - anonymous

Epic map! Made my day, it was real dark which was great, but could you please make a mission mod or something so that the empire troopers are reduced to like 18-30? Sometimes the empire win by themselves, without player help, and I want to play this on multi player with friends.. I've played Hyp1 like 30 times, and hyp2 like 8, great maps!