If You Could Only Have 5 [Mod Maps]

Started by Kit Fisto, July 01, 2013, 09:52:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Kit Fisto on July 01, 2013, 02:29:22 PM
Oh, and I never knew so many people liked Abridon: City! I thought I was alone! Well hey, great minds think alike!
Dude.. Who DOESN'T like Abridon City? xD

Well, I start with my 5 maps then.
1. Nar Shaddaa: Vertical City.
Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on July 01, 2013, 12:55:44 PM1) Nar Shaddaa: Vertical City - It is one of the very few maps that captures the true look of a city in Star Wars, and I love it. Plus the other missions included definitely add to the replayability value.
Hard to say better. :) This is realy most of beauty map ever, with strong Star Wars spirit, and interesting gameplay. What else cud be need?

2. Felucia: Fungus Forest.
I like any kind of jungle map, but when it improved by jungle sound, realistic lights, and cute little Acklays, it's just an amazing! Very strong gameplay, and it's realy hard to survive there.

3. Death Star: Interior.
A great sound improvement. Hangar alarm, and heroes voices makes nice gameplay, even more realistic. Also do not forget about those cute Mouse Droid helpers ;).

4. Dagobah: Swamps.
Well... It's jungle and I like it. Actualy, I am also made new sound for this map, but not release it yet :P. Still, it's mysterious, foggy and spooky place... What else cud be need for a nice relaxation?

5. Hmm... The last one, and it's hard to choose. Ok, let's finish with conversions and put some of my "real" map.
So, let it be a Fairy Tale.
Well, it's a joke map, but it have style. I try to mix beauty and scary enviroment in same map, so it may look's just like an old bad movie. It's easy to win, so, perhaps some units not well adjusted, still, this map is fun enough, to play it again.

The 5 maps by other modders.

1. Coruscant Streets.
Seems, my choise isn't original. Map builded, with totaly new enviroment, is surely must be in first place. It's pretty well show original movie style, and let you feel - it's realy Coruscant.

2 Coruscant City.
Perhaps the same planet, and the same reasons.

3. Cato Neimodia.
Actualy it's foggy and rainy, small Yavin IV map, but it's beaty and very fun for snipers map.

4. Rancor Lair.
Beauty autumn forest, with Taun-Tauns, and nice gameplay.

5. Abridon City.
Most interesting refresh of Bespin buildings, (along with GUS: Research Facility) but have more beauty look's of SW style city.

Ofcourse, I forget about lot of very nice maps, but I just playd this old ones, much more times, then any other. :P
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Sereja on July 02, 2013, 08:49:27 AM
3. Cato Neimodia.
Actualy it's foggy and rainy, small Yavin IV map, but it's beaty and very fun for snipers map.

Which Cato Neimodia is this? Is it the one that Ghost made that had those horribly textured buildings?

Quote from: Sereja on July 02, 2013, 08:49:27 AM
5. Hmm... The last one, and it's hard to choose. Ok, let's finish with conversions and put some of my "real" map.
So, let it be a Fairy Tale.
Well, it's a joke map, but it have style. I try to mix beauty and scary enviroment in same map, so it may look's just like an old bad movie. It's easy to win, so, perhaps some units not well adjusted, still, this map is fun enough, to play it again.
I really liked the design of that map. It was a lot of fun on that halloween DC. The castle was awesome. ;)

I probably have more like a top 50 but if I had to choose I would go for (in no order);
1. Hyperion; Ancient Excavations - Snake
The best sp map I play and one with plenty of bonuses to find. It also has lots of little details like the posters that I like.

2.Dantooine Dust
A really well put together map for Multiplayer, had some good times there online.

3. Nar Shadaa
The best looking map I've played, I spend ages looking at all the custom props

4. GGW Cantina v1.2
A nice varied map with some fun sides and the museum is interesting.

5. Helms deep
One of the first maps I played that was completely different to normal SWBF. It has it's flaws but I like it.

Others I like; Rancorland, Miranda, Coruscant streets and loads of others I can't think of right now. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I like all things night version (or atleast sunrise/sunset, orange to black skys just hits me right in the soul..)

1. Coruscant Streets:
What ISN'T there to like about this map? I mean, the sky could be changed out, but it's just flat out beautiful.

2. Raxus Prime:
The weird eerie feeling is just to much for me to not go back to, the only thing I don't really like is the AI pathing, and even then it's quite nice. The sounds are brilliant.
3. Fairy Tale:
I hate the gameplay on this map, it's just to over powered. The skeletons are cool, almost all the models are cool, but I don't play it for gameplay. The map is just far to beautiful to even care if someone is sniping you in the back (or wacking you upside the head with an axe or wand), the fog and pumpkins are a perfect touch, and the castle is wonderful. My favorite is the draw bridge and windmill.
4. Nar Shadda Verticle City
I'm not even going to bother why, we all know how great this map is.
5. I'm reserving this for Sereja's Otoh Gunga Gungan city map, I don't usually care for screenshots of the map before playing, because they don't do it justice. But the screenshots ALONE are too much for my poor brain to handle, it's just so awesome looking, and I've always wanted a map like it.

The first time Sereja showed me a picture of his Otoh Gunga I couldn't tell if it was Battlefront or Eipisode I. :happy:

July 05, 2013, 07:24:45 PM #22 Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 07:29:41 PM by DarthNILIUS0517
1)  Coruscant streets - plain and simple the effects on this map are superb and the attention to detail is just amazing , it's been in my addon folder since day one  8)
2) Ord Mantall : No Greater Glory - this map .... it's just GLORIOUS ... the amount of units and the possibility of epic battles is just top notch, i mean as soon as i saw the 2 at-at's i litterly went "NO WAYY " and ever since i've replayed this map whenever i'm in the mood for a huge laser filled battle
3) Sereja's felucia fungus forest  - whenever i see sereja's name on a mod/map i always know i'm in for a treat, all in thanks to this map as it was my first map from him, the units in the clone wars are so well done and the map itself has so much detail , this map is always on my playlist whenever i want some clone wars action and some good ol' droid killing.
4) Space Peragus - By far this is the best space map in my addon folder ( no offense to all the other space maps out there ) , as the dogfights are fun and it is set KOTOR era. Personally i think the map is closest thing real space battle in swbf and that's why i love it so much
5) Hyperion ancient excavations - ( i'm kinda biased with this one just going to say  that now lol ) this map is a fantastic zombie map for swbf , the zombies come in huge numbers making it feel like a hopeless yet awesome battle to the death, also there is a whole slew of awesome stuff lying around the map. The units are just a whole new level of awesome and for that alone i would've loved this map but it truly went the extra mile with everything else. I LOVE THIS MAP.
( btw this is in no perticular order i just listed them in the order that i thought of them )
Sometimes one must endure the darkness to see the brightest of lights. - anonymous

Quote from: DarthNILIUS0517 on July 05, 2013, 07:24:45 PM
2) Ord Mantall : No Greater Glory - this map .... it's just GLORIOUS ... the amount of units and the possibility of epic battles is just top notch, i mean as soon as i saw the 2 at-at's i litterly went "NO WAYY " and ever since i've replayed this map whenever i'm in the mood for a huge laser filled battle
I'm going to retry this map now that more than a couple people say it's in their list of top 5.

Quote from: DarthNILIUS0517 on July 05, 2013, 07:24:45 PM
Space Peragus - By far this is the best space map in my addon folder ( no offense to all the other space maps out there ) , as the dogfights are fun and it is set KOTOR era. Personally i think the map is closest thing real space battle in swbf and that's why i love it so much
It's a good space map but Rends Hoth: Escape is where it's all at. Great dogfighting map and the AI are easy to kill after they jump out of their vehicles. Plus who wouldn't want to fly an X-Wing and blast Tie Fighters. The only thing that could make that map better would be if the AI got in the turrents. :shrug:

You made some good points kit but the whole kotor setting just drew me it meanwhile hoth escape has the normal ( albeit amazing ) gcw , then again thanks to your input i should probably give that map another go.  :P
Sometimes one must endure the darkness to see the brightest of lights. - anonymous

I have never played KOTOR so that probably has something to do with it. One day I will though, one day...

I prefer the Star Wars time period between Episode I-VI so maps (or anything Star Wars) that take place in that time period draw me in. I have read a little of the New Republic Era but I don't like how it goes (Luke gets married?! ??? among other things, BUT Admiral Thrawn is awesome).

Quote from: Kit Fisto on July 05, 2013, 09:03:47 PM
I'm going to retry this map now that more than a couple people say it's in their list of top 5.
I almost forgot about that series!
Really really awesome maps there, but bright and sunny isn't my favorite sort of thing.
But if it was, it would definitely be first.

--
WHAT WE NEED, IS LOTS OF DOCTOR WHO MAPS. *HINT. HINT.*

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on July 05, 2013, 09:34:07 PM
WHAT WE NEED, IS LOTS OF DOCTOR WHO MAPS. *HINT. HINT.*
This. How about you make a Dalek model... *HINT. HINT.* And I'll make a side or something.

July 05, 2013, 09:42:51 PM #28 Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 09:46:59 PM by DarthNILIUS0517
* cough * someone make a weeping angel * cough *
Edit. Sorry if i just ruined that i just wanted to contribute to this whole doctor who awesomeness

Ord Mantell has earned a temporary permanent spot in my addon folder!:P

Thanks to all you guys for re-exposing me to the map. I think the reason I didn't play it was due to offline frame drops on my old computer.

Very nice map. However I couldn't find the download on this site and had to resort to cruel and disgusting (filefront) methods to obtain the map. ;)

Perhaps I'll upload it with the proper description and screenshots later. Ok, sometime this week I'll upload it wih screenshots and a proper description. :)