Generic Radar Dicussions 2.0

Started by SleepKiller, July 29, 2013, 05:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Phobos on July 31, 2013, 06:21:57 PM
Your claims about skin and radar mods being "unfair" are ludicrous and incorrect. Re-read my previous post which pointed out your contradiction. At least define the difference  between fair and unfair as I have.
This is hopeless dude.. Let me spell it to you in simple terms even you might understand.
1. radar and modifications similar to radar = bad
2. skins = good
3. maps = good

I hope I didn't go to fast for you this time
Hello gamers out there. I am just here to serve the Republic.
My YouTube channel: (AD FREE) http://www.youtube.com/user/kevinkimbro01
Please note that nothing I say or do on swbfgamers.com reflects upon {DarkSith} in any way, shape, or form. Thank you for your understanding.

July 31, 2013, 06:25:56 PM #16 Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 06:59:23 PM by Phobos
Quote from: WusiBabyEater on July 31, 2013, 06:23:39 PM
  Its funny how you completely ignored my example on how it is bad or more over think I don't know how to mod haha...I actually do know how to mod but in my opinion swbf mods suck, so that why I don't waist my time modding in a 10 year old game and then brag how amazing they are hahaha...And I do know how to make the radar mod hack unlike half of the people who use it and which I doubt you were the one who originally created it. 

I voted no on minimap hack because it diminishes game play in restricting not only general plan making but over all strategy. I for one would not only applaud someone who flanked my plan but id be suprised because we talk about map strategy as a group as a clan and as brothers at arms to formulate, calculate and actually use my brain as well as everyone elses to think of where the enemy is coming from how many to expect and how to counter what they plan. With minimap hack all of that is not only tarnished and ruined but completely impossible to do since one person on the enemy team could potentially blow the entire plan if they are using the hack which brings me to this point on cheating in an online video game "Cheating in video games involves a video game player using non-standard methods for creating an advantage beyond normal gameplay, usually to make the game easier" knowing where your enemy from using minimap hack is a very clear advantage beyond normal gameplay and ruins peoples fun in general....if you haven't ever planned a strategy before I invite anyone who hasn't to a faux plan making chatroom assuming minimap hack isn't implemented in the tournament and show you how WUSI's done it forever.
Your ord mantel example was irrelevent and made no sense, so i didn't ignore it, it was already invalidated. You say mods suck but really you just have no respect for the time and effort modders have put into helping this community stay alive.

Radar mod is not a hack like i said, it expands gameplay to higher levels, quoting wikipedia is generally frowned upon here as welll just ask SK.

Generally I see play style difference like this:
Radar = Calculating your next move, seeing where enemies are, trying to make the best decision what CP to go to, more strategic, more action, more planning required than just random flanking, etc.
No radar = blind guessing where to go, hoping that through sheer luck you will make the right strategic move, limited less skill play, etc.

.I actually do know how to mod but in my opinion swbf mods suck, so that why I don't waist my time modding in a 10 year old game and then brag how amazing they are hahaha...And I do know how to make the radar mod hack unlike half of the people who use it and which I doubt you were the one who originally created it. 
I Already said Fred created it, not me. You can't hack or mod, and if you dont waste time modding then why do you waste so much time complaining about people who mod or use mods? Just to be a mod hater troll ofc.

in my opinion swbf mods suck
in my opinion people who complain about swbf mods suck

Quote from: admiralkevin01 on July 31, 2013, 06:24:30 PM
This is hopeless dude.. Let me spell it to you in simple terms even you might understand.
1. radar and modifications similar to radar = good, and fair
2. skins = good, and fair
3. maps = good, and fair

I hope I didn't go to fast for you this time
Corrected, see the fact that they are fair and not bad or unfair. Ultimately the admins have final say, not the poll (unless Oven says otherwise)

Quote from: Buckler on July 31, 2013, 06:26:22 PM
Ive looked at the results.  The IDC was a bad choice.  Depending on how you count them, it can look like 50%-50%.  Thus the edict on the compromise.

If no one wants to compromise, then case closed.
please explain the compromise offer in more detail

Quote from: Phobos on July 31, 2013, 06:26:54 PM
Corrected, see the fact that they are fair and not bad or unfair.
Uhh Yea man.. If you could interpret my other passages, I meant to say that
1 = radar bad
2 = skins good
3 = maps good

I didn't state anything other than that in my previous passages.
I also salute babyeater for making the best post I have seen on here..
Please note that nothing I say or do on swbfgamers.com reflects upon {DarkSith} in any way, shape, or form. Thank you for your understanding.

Quote from: Buckler on July 31, 2013, 06:28:51 PM
I am hoping that things will get worked out on their own.

Otherwise, there is that parable about splitting the baby in half  ;)
BTW its not 50/50
Yes.
12 (32.4%)
No.
19 (51.4%)
Idc.
6 (16.2%)

Quote from: admiralkevin01 on July 31, 2013, 06:30:33 PM
BTW its not 50/50
Yes.
12 (32.4%)
No.
19 (51.4%)
Idc.
6 (16.2%)

Go back and read my post again.  And when I looked at it there were 36 total votes.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

July 31, 2013, 06:33:08 PM #21 Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 07:22:19 AM by Phobos
Quote from: admiralkevin01 on July 31, 2013, 06:29:35 PM
Uhh Yea man.. If you could interpret my other passages, I meant to say that
1. radar and modifications similar to radar = good, and fair
2. skins = good, and fair
3. maps = good, and fair

I didn't state anything other than that in my previous passages.
Saluting the guy who says all swbf mods suck, really says alot about you. Radar is not bad just because you think it is, yea as I have already explained that it is a fair advantage, like skins and no brush map mods. So your opinion is your opinion, but not one backed by logic.

I actually do know how to mod but in my opinion swbf mods suck, so that why I don't waist my time modding in a 10 year old game and then brag how amazing they are hahaha...
Quote from: admiralkevin01 on July 31, 2013, 06:29:35 PM
That might be sig worthy itself.

Quote from: Helios on July 31, 2013, 06:35:41 PM
the difference between a modification and a hack. Hack = Something thats changes the .exe in anyway shape or format, Modification = The term mod is derived from the act of modifying a game. To mod a game is to create custom levels, objects, characters, or even unique or stand-alone game from an existing game engine. Many games come with an editor that allow for easier modding. A person who mods a game is called a modder.
Pretty much, anyone who is calling radar or any other mod a hack over and over is trying to derail the thread.

Quote from: Phobos on July 31, 2013, 06:33:08 PM
Saluting the guy who says all swbf mods suck, really says alot about you. Radar is not bad just because you think it is, as I have already explained that it is a fair advantage, like skins and no brush map mods. So your opinion is your opinion, but not one backed by logic.
All hail Wusi

July 31, 2013, 06:35:41 PM #23 Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 05:08:37 PM by Helios
Its sad people cant see the obvious, im befuddled that some people on this forum are so incompetent and do not know the difference between a modification and a hack. Hack = Something thats changes the .exe in anyway shape or format, Modification = The term mod is derived from the act of modifying a game. To mod a game is to create custom levels, objects, characters, or even unique or stand-alone game from an existing game engine. Many games come with an editor that allow for easier modding. A person who mods a game is called a modder. Get it through to your god d*mn head people. Infact heres the radar link =)   so you can stop your whining because its an unfair advantage, well if you do not choose to download it, thats your fault so don't complain in the ICW3.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: Helios on July 31, 2013, 06:35:41 PM
Its sad people cant see the obvious, im befuddled that some people on this forum are so incompetent and do not know the difference between a modification and a hack. Hack = Something thats changes the .exe in anyway shape or format, Modification = The term mod is derived from the act of modifying a game. To mod a game is to create custom levels, objects, characters, or even unique or stand-alone game from an existing game engine. Many games come with an editor that allow for easier modding. A person who mods a game is called a modder. Get it through to your god d*mn head people. Infact heres the radar link =)  http://www.mediafire.com/?267c5aez2aaa9o6 so you can stop your whining because its an unfair advantage, well if you do not choose to download it, thats your fault so don't complain in the ICW3.

Why even have this poll? It looks pretty obvious you are gonna have it in the tourny in the first place at least from the way you said it and...Led that idc part could be a yes or no either way so really that entire idc area is invalid.

Quote from: WusiBabyEater on July 31, 2013, 06:48:43 PM
.Led that idc part could be a yes or no either way so really that entire idc area is invalid.

Read my posts again. 
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

If they don't care about radar being allowed then they are not directly opposed to it, so the poll is flawed IMO. I can only hope that in 10 more years there won't be this much crying about a simple mod for an old video game.

What is with your negative attitude? Radar is part of the game, learn the facts, as its part of the game, thats like saying dying is a hack, thats how i see it, and no, ive been for radar for a solid year and four months, ive been with that group of people for nine months. No i wanted to see peoples opinion, i had decided this a day ago, if you dont want wusi to participate, it wont affect the ICW3, so please continue hating radar.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: Shazam on July 31, 2013, 07:13:00 PM
If you do not want to play in a battle if your opponent has radar, then just participate in the anti-radar mod maps.  I will work with the modders to ensure that there will be maps that prohibit radar.

If you want to use radar, go ahead and use it.  We can't stop you from using it.

If you don't care, then you can decide whether or not you want to download the radar mod.
This sounds good to me.  I just watched this whole thread explode into something that it shouldn't have.  It turned from a semi-healthy radar discussion to full blown bashing of two sides.

If you're the better team, it's not going to matter in the long haul if you have any mods or not.  The best team will win.  The tournament will be played long enough that it will clearly separate the winners from losers, and one team will not win every single match with mods alone.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

July 31, 2013, 08:30:37 PM #29 Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 08:37:52 PM by Phobos
Quote from: {212} Nixo on July 31, 2013, 08:26:06 PM
Wow. Now we can see how far we have come, how things have changed.
Last summer radar was out of the question, yet people still used it even though they knew the rules. Now we are debating something that was always going to have a predictable outcome. Split in two sides.
For a clan to be so associated with radar so much that they will not even go without it, I think is slightly ridiculous  ???  How come you entered the previous ICW's when radar was not allowed? Although I know some used it? Just questions I would like to know the answer to. No disrespect.
I also would completely disagree with your interpretations of the radar mod Phobos, but that will just start another argument I guess.

(212th) is prominently against the radar mod and would not use it against an opponent that is not thus giving us an advantage. We will play without an advantage throughout.
I will be the (212th)'s main representative.
Mart will be here for when I am not.
I find it even more ridiculous that clans will not play just because other players want to use radar, even when offered the chance to use the same advantage. [FC] played SWBF1 for 3 years without radar mod, but we have evolved to the point where we no longer view mods as obstacles to fun, rather the opposite. I went without radar in previous tournaments just to prove that I could (I was dared to by SK), and they were not as fun for me. We have dealt with enough complaints about radar to cement our decision to only participate in tournaments which have no rules against it, simply to avoid more conflicts. As far as I know it was acceptable to use radar in the previous ICWs because there was no regulation standards enforcing no-radar, and plenty of our enemies used it regardless. I know it was initially drafted into the rules that radar would not be allowed, but this rule was abandoned after Oven said it could not be practically enforced.
You can disagree with what I have said if you want, but the facts I've stated about the radar mod is backed by the modding documentation and even psych0fred himself, so really there is no need to argue about it.