SWBF Dedicated pc server Problems

Started by {212}FrenchFryZ, September 30, 2012, 12:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys, Im having lots of troubles with my dedicated server... First of all about 2 months ago it stoped working and i tryed redownloading and it said i had to uninstall it, so i tryed that and it said it couldnt find the beginning software or something so it couldnt uninstall it. So at this point i was very angry so i tryed to wipe it off the face of my computer (Very stupid thing to do) i went threw everywhere it was and deleted it. I succedded and then i tryed to reinstall and...It said i needed to browse my computer for the software to use it -_- so i just gave up for about a month until about a week ago when I randomly tryed to install and it worked! and i used it for about a day and now i have the EXACT same problem. I will give you some more info on what happened now I know this is alot to read but i want to figure out how to get it up and running again! So i have an Hp Laptop with windows 7. The exact problem is that make the server and start it and then it makes the little window saying the name of the server and units etc. and i enter back into the game and I press join and it comes up to all the servers and mine isnt there... idk what it is so i need as much help as i can get!

No, thats an idea but its not I triple checked it...

Your server will not show up in the Gamespy list if you have not properly set your portforwarding ports.

If you don't know what that means visit www.Portforward.com for more information.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

September 30, 2012, 03:34:00 PM #4 Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 04:49:16 PM by {Recruit}FrenchFry
Okay Thanks Buckler!
Uhh so i downloaded and installed now what do i exactly do, sorry if there is any troubles.

portforwarding is not something you install.  It is something you set up on your router.

read this topic
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=1375.0

that is all I can do to help you.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet