Cockpit view in SWBF2 - HOW?!

Started by Grugu, January 30, 2016, 08:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello SWBFGamers community!

This is my first post and since there´re some really experienced modders here, I hope you can help me.

I´ve been modding SWBF 1 and 2 for quite some time now and achieved a lot of things like creating own maps, own jedis (at least with stock animations) and so on.. So I´m not a total beginner, but surely not a pro.

As a die hard Star Wars fan I love these modfriendly games, but there´s one thing that´s totally annoying in SWBF2: They cut off the cockpit views, an important part of the Star Wars feeling! This is why I went back to SWBF1 for some time now. A lovely game, but SWBF2 has so much more possibilities to offer when it comes to modding...

So are my questions:

1. How do I restore the cockpit views of starfighters and hovers from SWBF1 and my own sides in SWBF2???

I know that it´s possible, because a lot of mods contain cockpit views for starfighters and hovers like Battles of the Storm or the patch 1.3. I tried a lot of things now, but I still don´t get it.

2. Is it possible to restore first person views for tanks and walkers as well? ATAT without cockpit is just lame...

Thanks a lot in advance!

Greetings
Grugu

Hi there!

It´s definitely something in the side lvl file that allows the use of a first person cockpit. I can use side lvl files from mods that contain modded starfighters with cockpits like the Millenium Falcon from Coruscant Modern Warfare and call it in my luas, so it spawns on my maps and has a cockpit. But if I try to use my own starfighters or to modify a stock one it´s always just first person view on my map without a cockpit. What do I have to change in the odf file and where do I have to put the cockpit mshs? It doesn´t seem to work the normal way...

January 30, 2016, 03:23:06 PM #3 Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 03:40:18 PM by TheGangstarTY
The guy who made the "Battle over Coruscant" space battle map managed to give all vehicles first person cockpit views. With Jedi too, I think.

EDIT: Here's a link to the mod:
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

You just make a custom side and check the files, the cockpit view is just commented out.
When you create a mod and get no feedback it feels cheap, leave a comment or tell me to go elsewhere.

It doesn´t work. Maybe I got the wrong path in the odf file. How should it be named?

For example -> //FirstPerson    = "ALL\allxwing;all_1st_cockpit_xwing"

In which way do I have to change it? My side is called XXX and my starfighter is called xxx_fighter.

If I just use //FirstPerson    = "XXX\xxxfighter;all_1st_cockpit_snowspeeder" with the required files in my side folder the cockpit doesn´t show up ingame. Or is there anything wrong with my BF2 Version?
I use Version 1.2 with 1.3 community patch.

if you don't get the first person model you may need to get them from the original BFBuilder assets.
When you create a mod and get no feedback it feels cheap, leave a comment or tell me to go elsewhere.

I remember it being a big hassle with REQs when I wanted to do first person on anything. Maybe double check those?