SWBF Museum Beta Testers Needed

Started by Snake, October 18, 2013, 09:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 18, 2013, 09:37:25 AM Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 09:46:47 AM by Snake
Alright, I have an unfinished version of the SWBF Museum ready for people to test. I need 2 beta testers (Unit 33, RC, SK, Sereja, and Led will be the other mandatory testers.) Walk through the museum, test all the units and things, etc. Here's a format of the PM that I would like you to send after you thoroughly test the map:

-Info to add to museum
-Units/weapons/vehicles to add
-Props to add to general map
-Other
-Comments/conclusions

A few things to keep in mind: I know it is not finished, I know that there is a ton of info left out, I just need you to tell me what info you think needs to be added. I also don't think I have fixed the Phobos unit yet so don't use that or the map will crash. And the AI pathing is basically as good as it will get. I have used every trick in the book to fix it but there's only so much you can do on a map with settings such as this.

Also, see if you can find all the easter eggs after you have finished your review.

So, two people post here to join the review crew.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I am willing to give it a go if there is a spot open. Would be the perfect opportunity to play Bf1 agian after my break from modding.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Alright, I'll change the number to 3. Beta tester application is now closed! I'll PM you all the links.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I hope that someone will make a video of this...map? :D

I think that would defeat the purpose of testing it privately.
Seeing as its come very far in development, I'm sure everyone will get to see it soon enough ;)
You're going to have to stay with us here though! :D

edit- I tested a few minutes ago, and PMed you , Snake.
Its very very good..

I just sent my review as well. Very nice.
A SWBF1 Museum is a great idea.

:tu: sent my review in. I think ive added quite a bit of insight you could use. so far snake, im impressed with the layout.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

October 20, 2013, 07:36:24 PM #9 Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 07:38:55 PM by {TcF}=Rick={G}(305th-Infantry)
I see... Well, seeing as it's a Star Wars Battlefront Museum map, I do kind of feel that we've been a tad in the dark of what exactly is going to me on this map. Apart from a few areas, that is.

Quote from: {TcF}=Rick={G}(305th-Infantry) on October 20, 2013, 07:36:24 PM
I see... Well, seeing as it's a Star Wars Battlefront Museum map, I do kind of feel that we've been a tad in the dark of what exactly is going to me on this map. Apart from a few areas, that is.

If you go back to the museum thread (http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=6438.0).  Basically everything is in here, even pictures in pre-beta.
Of course, maybe it is better to be surprised with some things.  We'd all be bored if all he put in was things that we told him to do.  ;)
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Alright, thanks! I am a bit skeptical about a few things, such as paintball guns, but hey, we'll see!

Quote from: {TcF}=Rick={G}(305th-Infantry) on October 21, 2013, 08:37:42 AM
Alright, thanks! I am a bit skeptical about a few things, such as paintball guns, but hey, we'll see!
Haha, all in the name of the beloved second opinion eh Rick?
--
I think it's rather obvious, but I think the actual paint ball needs to be bigger ingame, if there is a way to scale an .fx ..

The real question is why are there paintballs in a map that's making an homage to SWBF?

Probably the same reason there are lasers in starwars..
Its just more fun to shoot people with than bullets.
--
Sure, it isn't very 'realistic' even if SW is a fictional setting. But I'm sure we can make a few compromises for just one map in a game.. (I have to admit, i'm not a big fan of different varying weapons in SWBF, which is why I haven't ported many in the past) and its nice to have something different every once and a while.