A personal "THANK YOU!"

Started by RepComm, January 25, 2013, 05:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Text and font cannot describe how glad I am for this right here:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=372
Link is SleepKiller BuilderBuilder1_1.exe

When I try to create a new project in the BfBuilder or BfBuilder Pro applications that come with that download, I have no errors AT ALL (I used to have the errors every time on original BFbuilder).  Then when I munged, it turned out just fine as well!

This is my personal thank you to all those who co-operated in that work, And every map that I create, you will be credited, thank you.
-RC-.

Awesome, good to know that you can create maps now. :D
Quote: At times of chaos, humans are subjected to emotion rather than logic.

Cool! Now we can see what your really made of!  ;)

Quote from: Kit Fisto on January 25, 2013, 06:55:45 PM
Cool! Now we can see what your really made of!  ;)
Yeah, all these years (less than 1 really xD), and most of you thought I was just "All talk, and no walk."

It's time to show the world, that I am NOT AN IDIOT!

(I posted in my original, to reduce spam xD)

Uh, when I created a map with BFbuilder1_1.exe, Everything is GREAT, up until I play the map, thats when my screen turns black, I can spawn and everything, I can hear sounds, I just can't SEE!
Then
I saw reference to addon.lvl saying that it splashes it's own effect over the screen on the map, so I removed it, but that doesn't see to work either!

Does anyone know why it's doing this? Or how I can fix it?

I say upload somewhere and have someone test it. Maybe it's your graphics card...

January 25, 2013, 09:34:36 PM #6 Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 09:45:05 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Quote from: Kit Fisto on January 25, 2013, 09:19:03 PM
I say upload somewhere and have someone test it. Maybe it's your graphics card...
I seriously doubt it's my graphics card...
Edit: I don't think you could test since it isn't built for macs..

I'm not a mapper, but I have had that issue with stock SWBF maps. If you are using a stock map .lvl from the SWBF Dedicated Server Software in your actual game (not just the server software) that specific map will be black. I'm not sure why, but hopefully that helps.

In the meantime, you should post screenshots or your mod to see if we can help more.  :)

Good luck.

January 26, 2013, 08:40:46 AM #8 Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 08:47:07 AM by -RepublicCommando-
Quote from: Agent Z on January 26, 2013, 12:00:32 AM
I'm not a mapper, but I have had that issue with stock SWBF maps. If you are using a stock map .lvl from the SWBF Dedicated Server Software in your actual game (not just the server software) that specific map will be black. I'm not sure why, but hopefully that helps.
Actually, that is quite a bit irrelevant :P, Dedicated software map lvls are suppost to be all black (to reduce size), so are the sides, if you use anything from dedicated software data folder in your BF folder, it will appear black and without texture... But you can still see the spawn screen, and the loading circle thing..

That is not my problem, my problem is the WHOLE screen, turns black. I can spawn and everything, but I cannot see.

DarkPhantom is testing to see if that happens to him too.
SamIsTheOne tested it last night, and it happened to him.

I am pretty sure it is a corrupt shell.lvl or error in addme.lua
But we'll see when Dark tries it.

removing the TGA from an LVL builder MSH folder before munging (also any pre-munged texture files) will save on a ton of space. 7z compression saves even more. You can take a several hundred MB of LVLS and compress it down to just a few MBs using this method

Your core.lvl is screwed up.  Your shell and addme (I am not quite sure why the addme looked funny but it didn't seem to impact anything.  Get rid of the dc:addon.lvl) seemed to be fine.  The real issue is the core.lvl.

I know this (and switched it out just to make sure) because I have been having issues with my core.lvl.  But at least mine loads.  I was telling Phobos that everything in my map went [NULL] but yours didn't show up.  After switching with a core.lvl from TAT3, it works.

Someone should show us how to use Bamdur's Addon core.lvl builder sometime.  I can make a main core, but not an addon :)
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Dark, congratulations, you just earned yourself into that maps (and the very many others I will make) credit list, i thank you very much!

It was my pleasure to help another modder  :cheers:
Now, someone should tell us how to use the core.lvl addon builder really quick because I can never get it to work with addon levels   ;)
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Well, what I normally do, is copy the multilanguage tool from the core.lvl builder, and place it in the folder of the map that contains english.cfg and all the other languages .cfg files, then localize it like you would with core.lvl builder

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on January 26, 2013, 02:28:52 PM
It was my pleasure to help another modder  :cheers:
Now, someone should tell us how to use the core.lvl addon builder really quick because I can never get it to work with addon levels   ;)
I have a working core addon builder by bamdur but the problem is there are no complete core builders with 100% stock localization yet maybe we could work on one sometime for the next toolbox builders?