2 maps together?

Started by Dark_Phantom, January 15, 2013, 06:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Has anyone tried putting two maps together in one (like both Bespins in one) or experimented with it?  I can't seem to find any references to anything like it on here, and if nobody has, I would try.
If anyone wants to see any specific maps put together, just say so.
8)
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Haha thats really interesting! I would love the Jabba's palace to open up at that big metal door to be able to walk onto Dune Sea! oh man this topic will be interesting!
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

January 15, 2013, 06:54:39 PM #2 Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 06:56:30 PM by Josh
You are a GENUIS! That needs to be SWBFGamers first priority

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Both bespin maps have been combined already, id like to see dune sea and Mos, or Citadel and harbor, or Arena and temple! Or islands and docks!
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

This video is from PLA Bytor using the combo of Bespin Platforms and Cloud City.

http://www.xfire.com/video/3dd1cb/

Easy to do this with mission LUA modding. To properly combine them you would have to merge WLD files which would be very time consuming.

Here is a mod of Kamino combined with Naboo Plains

This one isnt exacly a mixed map, but i prefer this to real one --> Bespin AoD -->
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=332
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

I was planning to use more of the .wld editing anyway.  It is very time consuming if it gets done right, Bespin is most likely the easiest one by far.
Just thinking about mentioned levels...
Citadel and Harbor --- This one would be very tough just because of Citadel's layout (on a hill)
Dune Sea and Mos --- Not too bad, issue would be moving everything over so it all fits.
Islands and Docks --- This one may be tricky with water and such
Arena and Temple --- This one would be cool, main issue (as with all of them) is moving everything over
Jabba to Dune Sea --- That would be cool too.

More issues would be cross pathing between the two maps.  Minimaps are also a big issue.  Mission.lvl and core.lvl will have to be modded a lot too.  But for an epic battle, it would be fun. :)

'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Nobility on January 15, 2013, 06:47:20 PM
Haha thats really interesting! I would love the Jabba's palace to open up at that big metal door to be able to walk onto Dune Sea! oh man this topic will be interesting!

This would be extremely fun and I think it would work better if someone just combined the 2 maps using zeroedit and made it a mod map. That way the AI pathing could be perfect, because without AI pathing done correctly, they will most likely run into a wall the whole map.  :confused:

But Dune Sea and Jabba would be extremely cool, especially if the only way in or out of Jabba's Palace was the door by the barracks, like in the movie!

Is there a d/l link for bespin?
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Jabba and Dune sea are kind of weird.  At least putting Jabba in is.  No walls on the outside but they are on the inside?

Quote from: [FC]Helios on January 15, 2013, 06:58:34 PM
Both bespin maps have been combined already

like on *swbf3* where you have a battle in the sky and then a battle on the ground? that would be cool do you know the link or anything?
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Quote from: «ΙΞ¢KØ» on January 19, 2013, 10:23:45 AM
like on *swbf3* where you have a battle in the sky and then a battle on the ground? that would be cool do you know the link or anything?
thats a different sort of thing. That was one map created for that purpose. The swbf maps were created to be played as a standalone map