Hex editing units

Started by RepComm, December 06, 2012, 07:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 06, 2012, 07:49:31 PM Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 08:16:27 PM by -RepublicCommando-
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=5299.0   link for transparency tutorial.
I am trying to make parts of the darktrooper invisible (transparent), so I started with that tutorial.
Problem is, when you search for .tga in the darktrooper msh file, and try to
Quote"move it back a few places to where it says HBATRB"
That line does not exist anywhere around the tga name inside the msh...
However, I did find ATRB. Would this be the same thing? I don't really have time to go experimenting, so if someone already knows, do tell :D
-RC-
EDIT: I figured out, just to use MSH viewer... (facepalm) guess what!

Sweet!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on December 06, 2012, 07:49:31 PM
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=5299.0   link for transparency tutorial.
I am trying to make parts of the darktrooper invisible (transparent), so I started with that tutorial.
Problem is, when you search for .tga in the darktrooper msh file, and try to  That line does not exist anywhere around the tga name inside the msh...
However, I did find ATRB. Would this be the same thing? I don't really have time to go experimenting, so if someone already knows, do tell :D
-RC-
EDIT: I figured out, just to use MSH viewer... (facepalm) guess what!

I think its the same. I believe that are the colors = atrb = a(lpha) t(idk =P) and r(red) and b(lue)  But im not sure  ???
Alpha is the transparency - layer.

December 12, 2012, 01:03:02 PM #3 Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 01:11:54 PM by tirpider
Quote from: 21 | Reacter on December 12, 2012, 05:29:52 AM
I think its the same. I believe that are the colors = atrb = a(lpha) t(idk =P) and r(red) and b(lue)  But im not sure  ???
Alpha is the transparency - layer.

You are close.
ATRB is where you set the render flags and types for the model.
Colors are going to be in the DATA chunk right above it.

Here are my MSH tag structure notes: [info].msh structure notes

And here are Ande's: Ande's ATRB info

He and I have pretty close to the same info. His is more detailed.

@ RC - Thats a groovy trooper