SWBF Unleashed[WIP]

Started by SleepKiller, January 27, 2012, 06:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 12, 2012, 06:52:58 AM #15 Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 06:56:29 AM by kitfisto15678
I wouldn't usually post but I love this mod so here are my suggestions, don't change ANY of the weapons layouts for anything, And a version with out effects change, or lower the effects for this version. I really like the effects its just that they don't work for my slow graphics card. :( That's all. I'll be waiting to try this out when it comes!! And if you need a Mac tester just pm me…

Did I read that right?
SPACE MAPS!!!
can't wait  :cheer:

Here is a little 1366*768 tease for you to enjoy and ponder over. Click for full size.

you got your grid-world theory working?
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

August 18, 2012, 05:34:01 AM #19 Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 05:41:19 AM by SleepKiller
Well my 1000 post should be something cool and not some random reply :P So without further a do announcing survival mode. Short post? Yes. More details coming soon? Yes.

Quote from: SleepKiller on August 18, 2012, 05:34:01 AM
Well my 1000 post should be something cool and not some random reply :P So without further a do announcing survival mode. Short post? Yes. More details coming soon? Yes.
Oooh goodie gum drops!

Quote from: SleepKiller on August 18, 2012, 05:34:01 AM
Ohh sounds cool! Will it be a 1 on 1 type of deal or more like your Hunt modes...
Looking forward to this mod and the new features!! ( conversions!!!  :cheer: Woot! Woot! )

August 21, 2012, 05:09:40 PM #22 Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 07:45:38 PM by SleepKiller
Today I will be showing your first look at survival mode properly. To start off I want to introduce you to the guys you will be playing as.

SOLIDER
Some say that he is good with a rifle others say he is good with a grenade. Either way he is well rounder to short range and close up combat. When we asked him what it was like facing impossible odds to survive he responded "Well, it is all about knowing your team-mates strong points and week points. After that you can compensate for them and help them out better. I take my role in the team very seriously." . Granted he may not be the most amusing guy to talk to but he is good with a rifle and a solid choice to hold the line. We also drew up some information on his equipment.

Blaster Rifle - Medium fire speed, solid damage shots. Slightly inaccurate while moving. Aim for the head at range to kills foes very quickly/
Blaster Pistol - Average firing speed, small damage. Only use it when you have run out of ammo.
Thermal Detonators - Throwing weapon, explodes after a few seconds deals massive damage to enemies in the blast radius.

We snapped a picture of him while he wasn't looking as well... (He refused to be photographed.)

Heavy TrooperNo one knows were he came from and he has never talked a single word in his life. He just showed up the day the endless enemy started to poor out and put on a uniform. And he could fight so no one questioned him. He brought his own equipment to the battle. When asked how he had made his equipment he responded. "" Sadly we sat their for four hours with no response. So we went and raided his foot locker and found this information on his weapons.

Rocket Launcher Muhahaha weapon of mass destruction. Destroys all in my path bruhahaha. Nothing can stand against me with this hahahaha.
Shotgun Weapon of torture hahahaha, shoots destructive payload. He He He He He
Concussion Grenade In case my foes out number me, I shall flee and surprise them with this.
So we hired a insane man translator and he drew up these for us.
Rocket LauncherShoots a rocket, upon impact deals huge damage in a large radius. Slow to reload.
Shotgun Shoots super heater metal shrapnel at foes, best used at close range.
Concussion Grenade Throwing weapon, upon detonation sends foes in a large radius flying however dealing little damage.

Engineer
This guy is the one everyone loves, he gives you ammo and he is a first class medic. We asked him if he foresaw a way to ever stop the endless enemy. "Survive till dawn, they hate sunlight. Eventually we will have a perma-day device that will keep the planet constantly aligned with the sun." As unrealistic as that may seem we can give you are assurances that it is very unrealistic such technology is at least 1000 years away by then we will all be dead. Sorry to put it so bluntly.

Sub-Chaingun Ultra rapid firing wepaon, shots do little damage. Has high spread.
Energy Boltcaster Fires highly dangerous levels of energy bolts at a single target, can be charged. Slow to recharge.
Health PacksGives health to team mates.
Ammo PacksGives ammo to team mates.

Elite SniperDeadly, precise, and scary. The Elite Sniper is the toughest women you'll ever lay eyes on. We asked her how she got to be such a good shot. "I practice shooting dust out of the air every day. Now I am such a good shot I could shoot off your hand in one clean shot from several miles away." We got the vibe she really meant that as well. Here is some information on her equipment.

Sniper RifleShoots high damaging shots, a headshot kills instantly. Inaccurate while moving best used at range.
Assassin's PistolShoots moderate damaging shots a headshot will deal heavy damage to an enemy. The shots are slower than other projectiles.
Flashbang GrenadeCasts light in an area for a few seconds also deals small damage.

We will post more stories on the four survivors later.

Lol! Funny! Can't wait for this mod!!!! I like the story with the vanguard!  :rofl:

It is time for an update on survival mode.

Objective
You and your comrades must hold a small arena are for five minutes. Sounds easy right? Wait I forgot to mention that you'll be being assaulted by 64 Zombies(Yes Zombies.) and if one of them is in the area the timer will stop. Not sounding so easy now is it? Oh and did I forget to say the Zombies have infinite reinforcements? And you only have a grand total of 20? Now it should be starting to sound like a hellish nightmare. No problem you say? Zombies are easy to kill? We'll see how you feel about that after you've played it. (This mode is designed with multiplayer in mind, playing in SP will be very, very, very hard. But it is there just in-case.)

You'll get to fight a whole bunch of different Zombies. Currently they come in three varieties.

Melee - Gets up close and kills you in one hit(OUCH!).
Acid - Shoots acid out of it's hand that burns your skin(Pure torture.).
Rock Throwing - Hurls rocks at you, toughest Zombie(Watch out).

And now I will be perfectly honest with you and say I have yet to make the 3rd variety of Zombies. But once I have finished writing this I intend to go and make it.

But report:
This might already be addressed but I noticed for the rebels on certain "foresty" maps they wear SWBF2 desert clothes. Maps of the top of my head are arena and plains. Could be others though...
Thanks!

when will this be released Sleepkiller? *the zombie survival mode*
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios