SWBF1 Mod Issues

Started by Sylverium, June 06, 2018, 03:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 06, 2018, 03:01:09 AM Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 09:52:21 PM by Sylverium
So as of late I've been working on a pet project of mine, it's been going strong for about a month now. However, recently I've hit a dead end with not only an issue in Galactic Conquest, but also issues with the core.lvl editors. I'll go one at a time and try to be as descriptive as I can.
Galactic Conquest: So the premise of the mod is to fight every single Local faction (plus a few new ones) in both CW and GCW while attempting to remain fun and balanced. Recently I've discovered an issue with my GCW Naboo Theed in Galactic Conquest, I had to switch the ATT and DEF factions so the Naboo Royal Guard were protecting the palace and the Empire were attacking. And as it turns out, this change has INVERTED the sides (if you choose Naboo Theed as the Rebels' Galactic Conquest with the mod, you'll be playing as the Galactic Empire instead just for this one map). I've attempted remedying this in dumb ways, but all of the results have come up short. It's time I asked some professionals, how do I fix this without undoing the changes?
Core.lvl editors: Also in tune with my mod, I want to include new Locals factions, however this requires a core.lvl editor. I have several of these but unfortunately none of these work, I've tried all the editors in the latest LVL editor toolkit and they either didn't work or break the game. (I'm using Best of PC so I do have the official lucasarts patch packaged with the CD) Can anyone tell me how to fix these core.lvl editors if possible?
This was a really long-winded post and I'm sorry for that but I'm really hoping to have these fixed as I do want to show off what I myself have accomplished with the entire community, but I don't want to release a buggy mess that doesn't even accomplish what it wants to do because of the issues. If I left out any details you guys need to know to help me with these issues, please let me know and I will attempt to provide as much information as I can, thank you.
"There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt." -Librarian Isador Akios of the Blood Ravens 3rd Company

Use the core.lvl tool/munger released by Battlebelk. If you can't find it I have a copy of it you can use. Create the localization strings in your DataMODID folder (I think you can find the stock ones in Data/_BUILD_PC) and when you munge, copy the munged localization files from DataModID/_BUILD_PC/Common/Munged (they have the extension .loc) into the core.lvl tool and munge.

As for the script issue, which did you change? Was it:

ATT = 1
DEF = 2

Or was it (as an example):

CIS = 1
GAR = 2

Messing with the first one messes with the sides and you should only really change the second one.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

It was an error for GCW, the original set up was
    local ALL = 1
    local IMP = 2

And I changed it to
    local ALL = 2
    local IMP = 1

(I rigged the ALL side file to contain GCW variants of the Royal Guard to remedy the lack of audio when using the vanilla GAR file)
"There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt." -Librarian Isador Akios of the Blood Ravens 3rd Company

It might be something in the shell.lvl file, then. The only thing I can suggest is modifying the Theed map in ZeroEditor so that the command posts are assigned to the opposite teams, and then calling that custom map in your LUA file.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Guess I have more of a reason to look into fixing my ZE then, thanks anyway though, if anyone else has any ideas then I wouldn't mind hearing them.

Update about the zeroeditor thing, for some reason it didn't give me an error this time around however I can't edit the CPs for Naboo, like I can see that they're there and they exist but in the object editor they aren't selectable, along with vehicle spawners. I'm not sure if this is normal...

Command posts are kept in the 'Design' layer.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Thank you, it's still a tad bit confusing for me but i'm sure if I don't end up getting it someone benevolent enough who does'll probably help me out if I request it. Hopefully soon I can get this whole thing put together in a bug-free manner and release it.