[ICW] Week 5

Started by Oven, August 12, 2012, 09:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: {212}Mart on August 19, 2012, 03:24:58 PM
Nah, i have the slowest computer in swbf ( 2nd to Josh02) and it takes me minutes to finally get connection and then 3 minutes to get to the server. What can i do about it? That is why i woüldn't like that rule. :cheers:
You would just inform your team who could announce in game that you are joining the server and we would wait for you to start.

But then you would complain we are extending the start time and so on.

Quote from: {212}Mart on August 19, 2012, 03:34:47 PM
But then you would complain we are extending the start time and so on.
If it takes you more than 20 minutes to join a server, please go buy a new PC from newegg or something. We are always willing to wait up to 20 minutes from scheduled start time if needed.

If only i was an adult :shrug:

Quote from: {212}Mart on August 19, 2012, 03:24:58 PM
Nah, i have the slowest computer in swbf ( 2nd to Josh02) and it takes me minutes to finally get connection and then 3 minutes to get to the server. What can i do about it? That is why i woüldn't like that rule. :cheers:

The server is usually up the day before, just join 20 minutes before the start of the match  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

ah if only it were that simple... and not letting players come late would have been on the rules if it were a problem :shrug:

Quote from: Phobos on August 19, 2012, 03:23:51 PM
Anyway its past 6pm already but I see a lot of 212 on the forum right now.
Only the Americans.
>>>----Arrow------>
Say little when you lose, less when you win. :)

Quote from: {212}Mart on August 19, 2012, 04:48:41 PM
ah if only it were that simple... and not letting players come late would have been on the rules if it were a problem :shrug:
That is why I proposed it be added to the rules because it has been a problem lately

It's part of the tournment, but let's see what Oven says :cheer:

before the judgement comes crashing down I would like to tell all 212 that there are no hard feelings or anything. you're the first real competition we have encountered in this tournament and that makes me way more happy than frustrated. we'll get you next time, when the full force of FC is actually represented

Good luck to you :cheers: , and if we had our full force too... :shrug:

@Joesph I so glad you said that! yes in game 212 can be a little xDDD um competitive >_> But Out of game we are all friends I hope  :moo: Fc is definately the toughest opponent for 212 I'm glad its saved for end :)
>>>----Arrow------>
Say little when you lose, less when you win. :)

The tournament rules were designed to be consistent but not necessarily complete, which is to say that they may not cover every conceivable situation that can arise. My understanding of today's battles is that some flaws or gaps in the rules should be addressed at this time.

The requests made by Phobos are reasonable and I will address them now.

Quote from: Phobos on August 19, 2012, 01:45:19 PM
I am proposing that a rule be made (and enforced by the ingame admin) that once an even number is decided for both teams, it should stay that way, both for large planets and small planets. Players should not be allowed to join mid-battle, if the battle starts as a 5v5, it should stay that way for the remainder of that round.

This is indeed a good idea, and I think it should be made into a rule provided that no one can make a convicing argument against it. The rules as they stand actually give the defenders way more of an advantage than might meet the eye initially; theoretically, the defenders could triple their numbers halfway through a match without the attackers being able to respond (even if the attackers had players on hand initially).

Amendment 1 (proposal): The number of players on each side at the countdown cannot be exceeded during the game. Players may leave, or switch out as long as this condition is upheld. Amendment 1 only applies to large planet battles.

Quote from: Phobos on August 19, 2012, 01:45:19 PMAdditionally the server host should be willing to verify the members identities by checking IP address if asked to. This would prevent either team from having name-fakers join without being able to verify their identity in time.

This request raises a number of problems. Should clans submit a member list before matches? Before the tournament? Should they submit an IP list? It's a slippery slope.

Does anyone have thoughts as to how this problem can be avoided? As Jamman says it does require a lot of extra work on the part of the admins. Moreover, Buckler is not always online during game times (nor should he be expected to be) to perform this task.

Quote from: Phobos on August 19, 2012, 01:45:19 PMMy second proposal is that the past couple weeks have been very inconvenient battle times for FC. Most of us cannot play at 12-3PM because we have other things to be doing. We have tried to accommodate for 212 but it seems unfair that they should always be given the best times for battle.

FC should be allowed to schedule at least 1 of the 2 battles (50%) at a time that is more convenient for FC, such as 5-6PM. It would be unfair to always give 212 a scheduling advantage where they get to always have the most convenient time for wars. This rule should apply for 212 attacking us also, say if they want a battle at 2PM and 3PM we should be allowed to change one of the battles to 5 or 6PM. This would even the odds so that every other battle would give one team the chance to have most of their members show up at the best time suited for them.

This suggestion is clearly fair and I don't need to comment on it.

Amendment 2 (proposal): In a given week, each clan has the right to an "upper hand" in scheduling for 50% of matches, as outlined by Phobos above.

Please comment on these proposed Amendments. This is not a unilateral decision by me or anyone else, rather, it should be a democratic one.

Also, about starting times. Some children live farther from school than others. They leave earlier so that they can arrive on time. School cannot start at different times for different children. There is a pre-arranged and agreed upon time that different children can use to judge when they should start getting ready. Enough said!

August 20, 2012, 12:32:56 AM #88 Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 07:45:30 AM by {212} Nixo
Quote from: Phobos on August 19, 2012, 03:23:51 PM
Currently our best time is on saturday around 5PM EST so we will try not to schedule late battles on sunday nights against 212. Anyway its past 6pm already but I see a lot of 212 on the forum right now.
I can not play any later than 4pm est ik that many other of our main members can't also. We would always be outnumbered as it is at the moment fc can always
Produce enough players to match our times.Although I do understand that it would be fairer (I there's such a word) but lime they said they want a challenge :D
Attacking clan:212
Defending clan:FC
Planet:Tranqaan
Time: Saturday 3pm est
Era/sides:212 choose rep

Arrow you left out our counter parts :'( (Elk and Yak)