Request for Feedback of BF1 Retrospective

Started by Michaeluj, February 19, 2019, 03:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
To you fine people, among the most dedicated to Battlefront 1, with some of you perhaps having been around to enjoy it since the beginning, I'd like to present my draft about the history, mechanics, and context of Battlefront. You might be among the most insightful to point out errors and areas to improve or expand it. If interested, then PM me for a copy.

I've reached the point where I think I've exhausted nearly every single available resource and now I'm sick of looking at it. So, for now, I intend to leave BF1 behind and concentrate my effort towards either BF2 or the canceled BF3. Obviously, it's unfinished--I still need to determine the best formatting and optimize some of my more verbose sections, as well as clear out any notes and "to-dos" that litter the document. But having a different perspective read it in the meantime would make it a better project in the long-term.

Currently, it's 363 pages. But don't worry! Much if it is articles copy-pasted onto a timeline and photos! Here's the structure:

01-25: a history of LucasArts. The purpose of this section is to show how LucasArts rose and fell and therefore show what Battlefront, as their first true blockbuster success in a time when they weren't doing well, would mean to them.

25-41: Battlefront's context among other SW games and what little we know of its development history.

41-59: A basic overview of what was shown to us in the announcement, then in the months up to release, and how it implies the kinds of changes that the game underwent during that time.

59-190: a timeline of complete articles, photos, factoids, and videos used in this research, with the occasional narration.

190-351: talking about everything regarding the game, from how it compares to Battlefield 1942, to mods, to patches, to the history of sites like FilePlanet, to canon status, to Easter eggs, and plenty more.

352-363: just stuff that I'm thinking of implementing, like a bit more info about the Jim Ward restructuring of LucasArts in 2004 and photos of cut content.

I understand that it's a lot and might seem intimidating to start reading. That's okay! I know it's a lot and that's why I hope to release a trimmed-down video version at some point! Your effort would be appreciated and you'll be credited as an Editor for commenting about it.

Sure don't mind taking a look, sounds like you've put a jolly good amount of work into it!

I wouldn't mind taking a look as well.  Thanks!
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

I love reading wiki pages about video games and related stuff, especially if it's about things like their origin and development. So I won't wait to take a look at this!
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)