What are your favourite Star Wars games?

Started by RC-1498, October 22, 2013, 11:35:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've seen that there's been a thread based on asking what people's favourite SW books are, so I thought, why not a thread for everyone's favourite games?

This excludes the SW: Battlefront series, as I have no doubt that would be the majority of posts.
So, what are the favourite Star Wars games of you lot?

My personal favourite usually leaps around between Knights of the Old Republic and The Force Unleashed (Original PC version). This is usually based off of whether or not I have the urge for talking to people and discovering new stories, or slicing people up and chucking them into walls.

If you want, leave a reason why your favourite Star Wars game is your favourite. :D

<insert witty signature here>

Simple.
My favorite Star Wars game is and always has been Tie Fighter. (SWBF is my favorite 'modern' SW game.)

I loved X-Wing, but XvT and X-Wing Alliance, not so much, as it was the beginning of the dumbing down of the controls and therefore the in-game freedom.

Tie Fighter was the perfect blend of decent enough visuals and deep control I like in games.

The space action in BF2 is absolutely cartoonish compared to the early space flight combat sims.

I would choose the Kotor games and the Jedi Knight series (including Dark forces once you get over the difficulty in places and the graphics).

KOTOR 1 and 2 have good stories which are probably the best of any game I've played. I've played them both few a few times and they're still interesting. TOR was alright but not what I was hoping for.

Force unleashed were ok games but I preferred the gameplay of the Jedi Knight games which had almost got the lightsaber combat and acrobatics perfect for me. I wish that the force unleashed 2 didn't end on a cliff-hanger though. :(

To be honest I like nearly all the other Star Wars games I've played. Empire at War, Republic Commando, Lego Star Wars 1 and 2, Force Commander, Rogue squadron, Bounty hunter, jedi starfighter and a few others I've forgotten are all good games.
The only game I didn't like was 'super bombad racer' but we won't talk about that one. ;)

I've always wanted to play the tie fighter games based on their reputation but I'll have to wait until I get DosBox running again and I would like to buy a copy even if its just for the box and manual. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

October 22, 2013, 12:51:01 PM #4 Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 12:55:29 PM by Sereja
Beyound Star Wars Battlefront (the reason I am modding), Bounty Hunter, the one of the best SW game for me. Reason, it is a 3th person walking game, (my favorite type, since I am also a Tomb Rider fan). This game, let the player, to have a lot of freedom. You may just runing and shooting, or capture bounty, and search for secrets, or try do not kill any innocent, and carefuly sneak with sneaper rifle... The graphic is old, but some locations, is realy beauty, and give you "Star Wars feeling". The game is hard to win, and scary at the end. So, sometimes people finish it, with nightmares :D.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

SWBF (all of them), Force Unleashed 1 and 2, RC, and last but not least Obi Wan
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Star Wars: Battlegrounds was a blast, although the rosy effect of nostalgia may be at work.
Well I've spent the most amount of hours on SWBF and JK2...

So excluding SWBF I guess I'd go for Jedi Knight 2.

Aside from SWBF, for me, I'd have to say it's gotta be Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike. I loved flying ships in there (also used cheat codes in that game :shady:), and you also got a few chances to roam around maps and blast at the stormtroopers. Really did love flying the Slave I or Jedi Starfighter in that game, they both had seismic charges that you could deploy and obliterate ships with. Unfortunately I only ever could fly those ships on Geonosis, since I was too lazy to complete all the levels.

Oh, and Republic Heroes too. I thought it was a decent game at most, though not exactly the type of game I'd be willing to spend hours on getting all acheivements and stuff for. :P

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on October 22, 2013, 02:28:05 PM
Aside from SWBF, for me, I'd have to say it's gotta be Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike. I loved flying ships in there (also used cheat codes in that game :shady:), and you also got a few chances to roam around maps and blast at the stormtroopers. Really did love flying the Slave I or Jedi Starfighter in that game, they both had seismic charges that you could deploy and obliterate ships with. Unfortunately I only ever could fly those ships on Geonosis, since I was too lazy to complete all the levels.

Oh, and Republic Heroes too. I thought it was a decent game at most, though not exactly the type of game I'd be willing to spend hours on getting all acheivements and stuff for. :P

Rogue Squadron III? Republic heroes? What other SW games have I not heard of?  :wacko:

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Sereja on October 22, 2013, 12:51:01 PM
Beyound Star Wars Battlefront (the reason I am modding), Bounty Hunter, the one of the best SW game for me. Reason, it is a 3th person walking game, (my favorite type, since I am also a Tomb Rider fan). This game, let the player, to have a lot of freedom. You may just runing and shooting, or capture bounty, and search for secrets, or try do not kill any innocent, and carefuly sneak with sneaper rifle... The graphic is old, but some locations, is realy beauty, and give you "Star Wars feeling". The game is hard to win, and scary at the end. So, sometimes people finish it, with nightmares :D.
That game was just to difficult for me. I got very frustrated with it and I don't think I'll ever play it. Simply because it was to hard for me. :shrug:
(If anyone wants a copy of the PS2 version of SWBH with the directions and case I can give it to you)

Well I love SWBFI and SWBFII and I'd be happy only ever playing those 2 games for the rest of my life!
But besides those I love Lego Star Wars (I/II/Complete Saga). Those games are amazing fun alone or with a friend. I think I've invested about as much time into those games as SWBFI/II.

RC was ok but it didn't really do it for me. You have to remember my first exposure to SW games were the brilliant ones (SWBFI, Lego Star Wars) and anything that isn't up to par with that is mediocre for me. I did enjoy it but never completed it. (But RC's in SWBFII mods are super cool :P )

Other than that nothing really.  I haven't played any real "old school" SW games.

October 22, 2013, 10:13:56 PM #10 Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 10:15:47 PM by Dark_Phantom
Well, let's start of with this:
I've played a lot of the games, there are a couple I haven't gotten to yet... but only a couple.
Top would have to be Battlefront 1.

KoTOR series comes in next.  Great stories, and the modders made it even better.  Recommend mods "Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge" for the 1st game and "Restored Content Mod" for the second game.  I'm keeping my eye on the "SWKoTOR 3: Revenge of Revan" fan-made continuation using The Sith Lords' game engine.  The beta of it was awesome, two hours worth of play and he's guessing it's going to be another 20 hours worth of gameplay, complete voiceovers, the whole nine yards.  It's the KoTOR 3 I always wanted.....  :cheer:

Next would be Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2.  Seriously, this game was awesome in Single Player (stupid Dark Side... had to always cheat to finish light side because I was too careless around civilians).  Online was pretty great, it had a great modding base.  The site is actually still used for them and the game was released in 1997 (I think).  www.massassi.net. Still making maps and mods 15 years later.

To round out my top games is the game Tie Fighter.  I loved this game.  I need to go get another disc of it.  It was just epic to me as a little kid to be able to pilot a Tie Fighter or a Tie Advanced or another ship and take it to the Rebels.  Even in the old style it was in, it looked kind of realistic.

Kit, the classic games are awesome.  You have to play those games before you get BF3.  They will knock your socks off, they're great.  At least get Dark Forces 2.  It was ahead of it's time in my opinion.  And I'm pretty sure they have 3d Enhancement mods and HD enhancements and stuff.  I think that you need to download an installer on any newer comp though and you may have to fiddle with your wrapper program.  (I think Tirpider is ok with his XP hehe)

:moo:
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

I will freely admit, I own pretty much all of the old Jedi Knight games but haven't played most of them. The only one I've played is Jedi Academy, which I rather liked, but was no fun for me on any difficulty higher than easy, for the simple reason that I had no idea how to kill the all-blocking immortal Dark Jedi. Judging from the positive reviews on the original Jedi Knight games, I officially resolve to play them :D

<insert witty signature here>

in order of preference;
x-wing alliance, i was good at making missions for this
empire at war
battlefront 1
battlefront 2
rogue squadron console series

In order:
                 SWBF1
                 Republic Commando
                 Empire at War Forces of Corruption
                 Empire at War