edit default maps

Started by Rodrigo, January 15, 2016, 10:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 15, 2016, 10:39:40 AM Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 10:43:18 AM by Rodrigo
Hello everyone, i am no good with english so forgive me if i have spelling mistakes

i recently create a new map with the modtools and in that map i want it to edit de stocks sides. In this case CIS and REP. I achieve that. I put it, for example, to the officer of the episode 3 in the republic side a skin from Commander Bly, the clone that kills Secura in order 66. That was fine and it works. I also change the weapons of this new officer (bly) so it can looks similar to the bly we saw in the tv show or in the movie.

I have to say that as i make we the officer of the episode 3 i make the same thing with other skins and other weapong with the rifleman, the assault, the sniper, the jettrooper and the engineer. Also we the engineer and the sniper of the cis.In both sides i change the localization name and in my map it work.

But i want to improve my mod to the default maps. So i take kashyyyk world and scrips assets and i drop it into their own folder. The map i put it with my mod map in data_678/worlds and the scrips of kashyyyk to data_678/common/scrips

to star editing kashyyyk i munge all the map and next i went to the scrips files of clone wars conquest. there i make a few changes. I wanted that only appears the jettrooper (41st soldier) and the engineer (gree commander) so i eliminate the other like this in the lua files:

SetupTeams{

rep={
            team = REP,
            units = 28,
            reinforcements = 500,
            special = {"rep_inf_ep3_jettrooper",26, 27},
            engineer = {"rep_inf_ep3_engineer",0, 1},

i have to remark that the rep_inf_ep3_jettrooper as you can see they where not change only their content of the odf so they took a different tga and msh for the skin

i munge kashyyks map and i move my _lvl_pc  to the addon folder of my battlefront 2

with the mod in battlefront 2 my map works perfectly as it works without the mod in the addon folder but in kashyyyk nothing change

NOTE: yes, in kashyyyk i put "dc:" in this part

ReadDataFile("dc:SIDE\\rep.lvl",
                                 "rep_inf_ep3_rifleman",
                                 "rep_inf_ep3_rocketeer",
                                "rep_inf_ep3_sniper_felucia",
                                "rep_inf_ep3_engineer",
                                "rep_inf_ep3_jettrooper",
                                "rep_inf_ep3_officer",
                                "rep_hero_yoda",
                                "rep_hover_fightertank",
                                "rep_fly_cat_dome",
                                "rep_hover_barcspeeder")
    ReadDataFile("dc:SIDE\\cis.lvl",
                             "cis_tread_snailtank",
                             "cis_inf_rifleman",
--                             "cis_fly_gunship_dome",
                             "cis_inf_rocketeer",
                             "cis_inf_engineer",
                             "cis_inf_sniper",
                             "cis_hover_stap",
                             "cis_inf_officer",
--                             "cis_walk_spider",
                             "cis_hero_jangofett",
                             "cis_inf_droideka")

so i need you to help if it is possible to find a solution on how can i make kashyyyk take the changes of my mod.

in the addon/678/data/_lvl_pc are this folders

-COMMON
-FPM
-load
-Movies
-Shell
-SIDE
-Sound

and this lvl files

-common.lvl
-core.lvl
-ingame.lvl
-inshell.lvl
-mission.lvl

January 15, 2016, 11:48:32 AM #1 Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 12:03:05 PM by Ltin
Quotewith the mod in battlefront 2 my map works perfectly as it works without the mod in the addon folder but in kashyyyk nothing change
can you clarify this statement?

I think i know what your issue is. You added the script to your modmap, but that mission file is only loaded for the mod map. You would have to save a separate mission file, and replace your default mission file, or take  kashyyyk and create a mod map exactly the same, except with your new sides.

At least i think this is the issue.

Quote from: Ltin on January 15, 2016, 11:48:32 AM
can you clarify this statement?

I think i know what your issue is. You added the script to your modmap, but that mission file is only loaded for the mod map. You would have to save a separate mission file, and replace your default mission file, or take  kashyyyk and create a mod map exactly the same, except with your new sides.

At least i think this is the issue.

what i mean is that my modmap that is a plane map because i dont touch anything is working perfectly with my rep side modified. This means with my skins.

But when i enter to kashyyyk's map it is the republic side but with the original skins. No with my skins that i give to the odfs.

i dont know what is wrong. i also put kashyyyks map in the mission.lvl of the mod.

Quote from: Rodrigo on January 15, 2016, 12:13:14 PM
i dont know what is wrong. i also put kashyyyks map in the mission.lvl of the mod.
this is your issue. You have to either modify the mission.lvl in the games files (not your mod map's)  or add kashyyyk (with the sides you want) as a separate mod map.

Quote from: Ltin on January 15, 2016, 12:24:16 PM
You have to either modify the mission.lvl in the games files (not your mod map's)

well that's one of the possible solutions that i think that would solve my problem. But the question is, how i edit the mission.lvl of the game?

January 15, 2016, 02:52:24 PM #5 Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 03:04:11 PM by Ltin
(i have no idea how much you know, please bear with me)
first go to [installation_path]\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\DATA\_LVL_PC
find the file mission.lvl and make a backup somewhere else (and maybe while you are there backup the entire _LVL_PC just in case)
then copy the mission file from your mod into that folder (just mission.lvl).
Start up the game and test. If it works you are good to go! If not then we'll work from there.

January 15, 2016, 03:36:32 PM #6 Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 04:32:52 PM by Led
I think there is a SWBF2 mission level builder--

in fact, here it is

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=424

edit:  it was not the right file

if all you need is a new mission, you can use that builder.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

January 15, 2016, 03:56:59 PM #7 Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 04:12:27 PM by Ltin
Quote from: Led on January 15, 2016, 03:36:32 PM
I think there is a SWBF2 mission level builder--

in fact, here it is

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=424

if all you need is a new mission, you can use that builder.
ill just take that
i was looking for that and i couldn't find it.

not that i looked very hard.
edit:
QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
You are not allowed to view this category.

Oh, I see.  Turns out it is a terrain munger mis-labeled as a mission builder and I put it in a no-access place.

He will have to go through the SWBF2 mod tools directly then.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet