Star Wars Battlefront EYEFINITY (Triple Monitor Display)

Started by AiRJacobs, September 02, 2015, 02:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey everyone. I need some help with an Eyefinity issue in Star Wars Battlefront. Here is the problem:

I used the "Battlebelk's Custom Resolution Launcher" mod to finally select widescreen resolutions. Resolutions, such as 1920x1080 appear fine, however, with a triple monitor display and a resolution of 5280x1050, the gameplay screen is very, very streched out. And no, I am not talking about the side monitors being stretched, as they as suppose to be. The ENTIRE display is stretched out from monitor 1 on the left, through monitor 2 in the middle, and all the way to monitor 3 on the right. The gameplay is incredibly distorted and impossible to play like this.

Interestingly, the HUD, menu items, and font are NOT stretched out. They appear just fine.

I assume the issue has something to do with Field Of View (FOV). I thought at first that it was an aspect ratio problem, but since the HUD, menu, and fonts are not stretched, the problem has to do with the ingame camera.

I would appreciate it if someone could provide me with a solution, like a way to change the FOV.

Here are some details that may help in answering the problem:
GPU: AMD Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X 4Gb GDDR5
CPU: AMD FX-8370e (OC 3.8Ghz)
RAM: 8Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
Display Drivers: Catalyst Control Center 15.7.1
Star Wars Battlefront version: 1.3 beta
SWBF Mod: Battlebelk's Custom Resolution Launcher
SWBF Custom Res: 5280x1050

I have also posted 3 screenshots below.
I can provide more information if necessary.

Thank you for any help.

Yep, that's the field of view : http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=978.msg11516#msg11516

"FirstPersonFOV   = "70" -- The field of view. The field of view is how much you can view from one angle. The higher the better but if you put it too high, things will appear stretched and that is very displeasing."

The thread goes in details on how to modify the ODF file you want, so that the FOV feels less... stretched

Ok. I found the file and changed the FOV setting. How do I apply the file to the game? Can I use my FOV setting in multiplayer games?

Quote from: AiRJacobs on September 02, 2015, 02:45:02 PM
Ok. I found the file and changed the FOV setting. How do I apply the file to the game? Can I use my FOV setting in multiplayer games?
U gotta munge the SIDE folder (absolutely all of them, ALL,IMP,....) and copy the result of munging which will be in the _LVL_PC from the modding tools, then just replace the files in the game SIDE (WhateverTheLocationIs\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\SIDE)
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Forgive me for being such a noob, but how exactly do I do all this.

Here is what I asume I am suppose to do: I am suppose to extract the content of all of the ".lvl" files in the SIDE folder in the game's directory. I am then suppose to modify the ".odf" files so they have the correct FOV. After than, I am suppose to repack all the the files back into ".lvl" files, and place them in the "Addon" folder in the "gamedata" folder in the game's directory.

Correct me if I am wrong.

So, what tools do I need to do all of this (extract and repack files)? Can someone point me to a tutorial?

I only want to modify the files necessary to change the FOV. I do not want to make anything really big.

This is where I suggest you start:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=8.0

Get the mod tool package with the updates that I have listed in that link.

Use BFbuilder pro to create a mod and import all the retail sides, change the files in your new modid folder to disable read-only.

Then you edit some text ODF files to change your FOV (use notepad).  You will need to do this for every unit that is playable.  You will have to hunt around for all the right ODF's.  I suggest you start with only one change, like the Clone Jet trooper to see how the process works.

The you "munge" to make new side lvl files.  Then you drop these into your game folder as replacements to what are there (please back up your originals first).

Then try the game.

It is not too hard, but it can be a bit intimidating the first time.  Just ask for help!   :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I am having issues with "0 BFBuilder Pro". When I click "create new world" then click "Ok" to create the directory, a script error pops up:

"An error has occurred in the script on this page."

"Line: 2073"
"Char: 110"
"Error: Could not complete the operation due to error 800a004c."
"Code: 0"
"URL: file:///C:/BFBuilder/0%20BFBuilder%20Pro.hta"

"Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?"

" [Yes] [No] "

Please help. So far this is my only issue. I understand the rest of the mod tutorial instructions.

Quote from: AiRJacobs on September 02, 2015, 04:08:32 PM
I am having issues with "0 BFBuilder Pro". When I click "create new world" then click "Ok" to create the directory, a script error pops up:

"An error has occurred in the script on this page."

"Line: 2073"
"Char: 110"
"Error: Could not complete the operation due to error 800a004c."
"Code: 0"
"URL: file:///C:/BFBuilder/0%20BFBuilder%20Pro.hta"

"Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?"

" [Yes] [No] "

Please help. So far this is my only issue. I understand the rest of the mod tutorial instructions.

Please respond with the location where the mod tools have been installed--and let us know what version of windows you are using.

The location of the file is "C:\BFBuilder\0 BFBuilder Pro.exe"
My OS is Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

OK, the suggested installation folder is
C:/LucasArts/BFbuilder

(slashes go the other way, but they don't show up in the posts if I put them the correct way.)

The error code you list is a path not found error, so try that first.

Also, please confirm that this is the download that you have
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1219

I can confirm that the link you posted is the file I downloaded. I will change the directory and see if that works.

I changed the directory to "C\LucasArts\BFBuilder" but I still get the script error. I will re-download the file and re-extract it to see if that works.

OK.  I am thinking that it may be something to do with windows 10.  I only have XP and 7, and it works just fine for me...

So here is what I want you to try next:

-you will see a folder called DataTEMPLATE

-copy that folder to a new name, say DataFOV1

-run the 64bitMunge.bat file by double clicking on it

-you should see a note pad window pop up that says
soundflmunge.exe : Warning : No files in file list mod1  - while munging C:\LucasArts\BFBuilder\DataFOV1\Sound\worlds\mod\mod1.asfx

but this is OK.

Let me know if that works.

(note that it will go through the munge process, but it won't create anything useful.  I just want to see if it works at all or gives another error.)

Well, I sucessfully modded the file and replaced the original .lvl file with my modded one. Sadly, it did not fix my problem. The screen is still stretched out horizontally.

I actually have another theory as to what is happening. If you look at the images I posted above, you will see that the entire screen is stretched. If this was a FOV issue, the center of the screen would not be stretched, only the sides. Contrary to what I said earlier, I think that this may actually be an aspect ratio problem within the soldier's camera. Let me explain.

Because the HUD, menu, and fonts are not stretched, then that means the aspect ratio within the game is correct. The game only appears stretched when playing as a unit in the game. Nothing appears stretched in the spawn screen even. Again, this ONLY HAPPENS WHEN PLAY IN THE GAME.

I will post another spawn screen image below.

In the image, you can see that the soldier is not stretched out and neither are the buttons or the font. It is zoomed in a bit, but that is a different issue. You can see that the screen only seems to get stretched out when playing in the game, so it may not exactly be a FOV issue with the player camera, but an aspect ratio issue. I assume the aspect ratio of the menu and HUD are separate from that of the player cam aspect ratio.

If anyone knows how to change the game's aspect ratio, please let me know.

Quote from: AiRJacobs on September 02, 2015, 04:54:20 PM
Well, I sucessfully modded the file and replaced the original .lvl file with my modded one. Sadly, it did not fix my problem. The screen is still stretched out horizontally.

OK, so what did you do to properly munge the side file?