New "Star Wars Rebels" Animated TV Series 2014

Started by Unit 33, May 20, 2013, 11:09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 20, 2013, 04:36:43 PM #15 Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 04:39:08 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: Kit Fisto on May 20, 2013, 04:22:45 PM
Not true. I have been following any Clone Wars news closely and this is the real news.

The Clone Wars TV show is done. There will be NO MORE Seasons. Instead there is "bonus content." It is unknown whether these will be on TV or how they will be distributed. It is also unknown when this "bonus content" will be released.
I just wanted to clear that up.  :)

And I am officially bummed out. I loved that series, really hoped for a Season 6, but I guess squaring it off at 100 episodes with an ending that the FanFiction community will enjoy writing of is better than nothing. Ah well, guess I can knock that one off my mental list of "Cartoons I Hope to See in The 2013-2014 School Year". :(

As for this series, I'm willing to give it a shot. I didn't grow up with the Original Trilogy (even though my dad had 2 versions of it, the original and re-mastered versions on VHS), I grew up with the Prequel Trilogy. But hey, that doesn't mean I like one Trilogy over the other. :P

May 20, 2013, 04:39:53 PM #16 Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 04:42:28 PM by Kit Fisto
Well, look forward to the bonus content for The Clone Wars! I'm extremely excited about it!

For those who haven't seen the bonus content footage.
[spoiler]
And [/spoiler]

Quote from: SirPimped on May 20, 2013, 04:27:01 PM
The original trilogy was on the cutting edge of technology for the times. If graphics are the only reason you like a movie (like Transformers :sick:), than I feel sorry for you. There are so many things wrong with the prequels it would take me hours to explain them all. The original trilogy is a work of art.

-I glanced over the conversations so this may not even be relevant.
Seems relevant enough. I don't mean to say that I like just graphics, but having just a great story line isn't really going to cut it either, I should probably think a little more before I start talking :P

After a little thinking though, I'm quite excited about the whole ordeal, but I will say I hope it is better than the original episodes, like the TCW, it was brill. You can understand story, and great graphics.

Guys. It's not called graphics, it's called special effects or some other term that escapes my mind. Graphics is mostly for games. (too much gaming eh?)

Er, Kit Fisto the two are basically interchangeable special effects are a form of graphics. (Pro Tip: Look up the meaning of words before making such claims.) So you can say, the graphics in Episode III needed better lighting (No seriously look at the Venators in the opening scene, they need better lighting.)

And well that is it, I am out. Prepare for another show focused around the kids audiance and more canon to get screwed over. I am also expecting more of that terrible art style. (RC it wasn't even good for it's time, it was terrible Crysis can render better graphics real time.) I have already crossed out the show from being classified as canon in my mind, just as I have for the Clone Wars show.

I could be wrong, but I don't think I will be after the success of the TCW.

May 20, 2013, 06:58:20 PM #20 Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 09:25:51 PM by Joseph
Quote from: SleepKiller on May 20, 2013, 06:52:12 PM
And well that is it, I am out. Prepare for another show focused around the kids audiance and more canon to get screwed over. I am also expecting more of that terrible art style. (RC it wasn't even good for it's time, it was terrible Crysis can render better graphics real time.) I have already crossed out the show from being classified as canon in my mind, just as I have for the Clone Wars show.

I could be wrong, but I don't think I will be after the success of the TCW.
#4.

The fact is, these guys had what, 5 seasons to correct their gruesome errors with TCW? And they still didn't. They made it completely clear that they were targeting a specific audience that was not appreciative of things like good story lines and characters, namely 4 year olds, and they only wanted money. So I doubt this series will mark a change.

Quote from: SleepKiller on May 20, 2013, 06:52:12 PM
(RC it wasn't even good for it's time, it was terrible Crysis can render better graphics real time.)
Can't really argue with that :P

Who knows, maybe some miracle will happen, and it turns out to be an excellent show!
      LOL.     

Quote from: UNIT 33 on May 20, 2013, 12:41:32 PM
Don't make me destroy you.

Quote from: UNIT 33 on May 20, 2013, 01:21:44 PM
I suggest you back away slowly before us fanatics get mad.

:clap:
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

We have gone through whether TCW was focused toward certain ages. This thread is to discuss the new show. If you want to hear my opinion on the matter go dig through my previous posts.

Time for a valid bump.
The first imagery has emerged!
http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-celebration-europe-2013-star-wars-rebels-logo-art-and-details-revealed.html
Well it's certainly looking promising, still little more than conceptual stuff.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I'm still not sure if I like it or not. I will of course give it a try in Fall 2014.

July 28, 2013, 02:36:00 PM #26 Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 02:37:57 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
It kills me I'l have to wait until I'm in Grade 12 to see it. I'm going to be a cartoon-crazed maniac looking for other cartoons desperately without The Clone Wars not airing this year.  :tv: :ph34r:

I'm just going to re-watch all of the previous TCW episodes.

Goldman, you can just watch the Star Wars Phineas and Ferb special over and over again until Fall 2014! :tu:

I am pleased with the style.
Not thrilled about Disney channel exclusivity, though.
I suppose I'll have to settle for youtube clips and waiting for DVDs.

Quote from: tirpider on July 28, 2013, 05:38:25 PM
I am pleased with the style.
Not thrilled about Disney channel exclusivity, though.
I suppose I'll have to settle for youtube clips and waiting for DVDs.
In the middle of season 4 of TCW my parents decided to get the bare minimum TV package because let's face it, nothing is ever really on worth watching. Plus the commercials... :wacko: So I didn't have Cartoon Network anymore.

So I watched my TCW episodes every Sunday when they were put onto starwars.com. I was completely content with that and I will be when they release the SWR episodes onto starwars.com. And I'll buy them on iTunes like I've done with TCW.  :)