TheSWBFCommunity on YouTube

Started by Kit Fisto, April 22, 2013, 08:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I recently found a nice channel on YouTube called the SWBFCommunity. This channel puts up SWBF video's regularly. But I noticed that they are mostly SWBFII. The channel says that it will put up both SWBFI and II videos. So, for those who make videos on a regular basis, you could put up little movies and what not just by having the SWBFCommunity intro and by sending it to one of the admin. Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSWBFCommunity

Even if you don't make videos I would subscribe since there are some pretty nice videos. It would also be nice to have a channel that has a lot of subscribers and SWBFI and II videos.  :cheers:

Nice find! Thanks for sharing. I will be checking these videos out often. I might even try to get one of my videos on there sometime ;)

Cool! Like I said in my first post, it would be great to see a SWBFI presence on something like that.  :)

Just today checked out the channel. Seems it recently got picked up again, though it could stand for some ol' SWBF1 stuff on there. Perhaps something better than a series of frag kills like the ones they showed for their top 5. It needs more of an upbeat feel is more what I'm saying. The commentator's voice just sounded too depressive, which in turn the whole channel has a damp mood. Now if there was some more upbeat stuff goin' on, like another commentator or some fun stuff other than frag kills, I would definitely be interested about that channel.

Well it requires HD videos to be included on the page, which counts me out because I can't record in HD. Oh well.

I thought xfire recorded in HD...

His computer possibly just isn't powerful enough to be able to capture video in 1280*720(HD). So he could be using xFire's half screen capture option in order to squeeze more frames per second into his videos. Or he just might be using a really old screen that can't display HD.

I see, but you can still get other people's frags and make a video out of them even if you can't record HD. (especially since your editing skills are nice)

I have never created a movie/video before so I don't really know how everything works.

Well for one reason or another I won't be making HD videos anytime soon. I use the "full-screen" recording option when I record with xfire, but when I record I get about 12-15 FPS, which I can't image would be able to translate into HD. It could also be that Windows Movie Maker can't produce the videos I make into HD.

Quote from: SirPimped on April 25, 2013, 09:29:05 PM
Well for one reason or another I won't be making HD videos anytime soon. I use the "full-screen" recording option when I record with xfire, but when I record I get about 12-15 FPS, which I can't image would be able to translate into HD. It could also be that Windows Movie Maker can't produce the videos I make into HD.

I've seen several videos on YouTube which are tutorials to help make a HD movie in them. Perhaps you could find a few and see if they work? Unless it's the quality of the videos or something like that, then I see your point. I've had minimal experience with Movie Maker (and I'l be using it soon to help make a movie for my youth group), but I do remember there being several tutorial vids to make Movie Maker vids HD.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on April 26, 2013, 04:28:21 AM
I've seen several videos on YouTube which are tutorials to help make a HD movie in them. Perhaps you could find a few and see if they work? Unless it's the quality of the videos or something like that, then I see your point. I've had minimal experience with Movie Maker (and I'l be using it soon to help make a movie for my youth group), but I do remember there being several tutorial vids to make Movie Maker vids HD.

The free version of Windows Movie Maker is 2.6 and it can't produce HD videos as far as I know. I will do some research to find other ways.

Hey I just want to say that another thing this cool channel does is have "Top 5 Plays of the Week." They show 5 cool frags for every week. (see channel for video examples) I'm not sure how you get the frags in but it would be awesome if they could have SWBFI and II plays for each week. So record your game while you are playing and send in some frags! There are people that commented saying that it's "impossible since not that many people play SWBFI" I say lets prove them wrong!!

So yea, if you have frags then send them in! I think they have to be in HD, but I'm not sure. I know that a lot of you guys have some great kills that are a lot cooler than the SWBFII kills they show.  ;)