RIP LucasArts

Started by Giftheck, April 03, 2013, 11:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Phobos on April 04, 2013, 07:23:35 PM
Is that some kind of answer? Btw I didn't read every post in this thread and don't intend to.
Not really, just thought it was kinda funny everyone (well almost everyone^^) was thinking the same thing.
I wouldn't bother reading every post either matter-of-factly.

I certainly hope the source is released, so much could be done!

re:Game Sources
If we got our hands on source for BF1 (or 2 even) it would be a long path to developing anything meaningfull as we (individually and collectively) learned to code and compile it.   A worthwhile task, but certainly a long road.

Raven gave out their source code and the JK community has already got a nice todo list of edits for a patch and are setting up a core repository for further development.   From what I read on JKhub, they are planning on forking future mods off that core hub so all the modders can benefit from everyone elses work (gotta love gpl stuff.)

Perhaps there would be a way to shoehorn a Battlefront style of play into the JKA/O code. Even start our own fork off their openJK project. (I'm not terribly familier with either but did buy them a few months ago on steam.)

I suggest that because I don't imagine the Pandemic BF source will appear. We don't even know where it is (Did Lucasarts have it last? or is it EA's now? is it on someones spare drive in a closet? is it lost forever?)  The GT folks have spoken with an ex-developer about it (link) and the response was that it may be in Lucasarts hands still. Or not...

Quote from: Phobos on April 04, 2013, 05:58:33 PMsince LucasArts no longer exist how does this affect the EULA for SWBF?

Unless I misunderstood the article, Lucasarts still exists as a licensing office, so the EULA would still stand.

READ THIS NOW. http://www.gwgnetwork.com/2013/04/the-future-of-star-wars-gaming-an-exclusive-interview-with-former-lucasarts-employee/
Also watch the YouTube video.

Now what? This really changes my perception of the LA ordeal. What about you guys?

Wow, that's interesting. Although I must say, I'm a bit disappointed... For obvious reasons...

Quote from: Kit Fisto on April 05, 2013, 09:34:15 PM
READ THIS NOW. http:link removed
Also watch the YouTube video.

Now what? This really changes my perception of the LA ordeal. What about you guys?

GT has a pretty good discussion on why this interview may be fake.  Please keep that in mind.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I'm not even going to both reading because it is Gloom Walkers and I would call it a fake off that one fact. Factor in the conversation on GT I would say it is most likely a fake.

Fake or not, the interview doesn't reveal anything more than a guy went to work and did work stuff.
All the exciting bits are inferenced in by the interviewer.

You have to read carefully to tell the difference between interviewer and interviewee, and the grammer is worse than mine, making that harder.

I'm not going to say it is fake, but I am going to say I don't believe poorly written interviews on the internet.

Well, I suppose we'll find out if it is soon, now won't we?

April 06, 2013, 09:54:38 AM #83 Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 02:22:21 PM by Buckler
Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on April 06, 2013, 09:02:33 AM
Well, I suppose we'll find out if it is soon, now won't we?

No, I don't think we will ever know.

April 06, 2013, 01:31:46 PM #84 Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 01:48:30 PM by Ltin

Disney still owns everything lucas arts did. it doesnt change anything in that regard

Quote from: Ltin on April 06, 2013, 01:31:46 PM
Disney still owns everything lucas arts did. it doesnt change anything in that regard

Your comment has no relevance to my post that you quoted.

Does anyone know if they will continue to make their action figures, I know Hasbro makes them but....

April 07, 2013, 10:49:52 AM #87 Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 10:51:53 AM by UNIT 33
Quote from: {212th} AÐv | Märt¥ on April 07, 2013, 10:22:32 AM
Does anyone know if they will continue to make their action figures, I know Hasbro makes them but....
I'm pretty sure action figures are a steady source of income, so they won't be stopping that. Ever.
Not to say video games aren't. I guess action figures, figurines dolls etc are just uncomplicated and never lose their appeal.

Quote from: Buckler on April 06, 2013, 12:04:23 AM
GT has a pretty good discussion on why this interview may be fake.  Please keep that in mind.
Could I see this? I couldn't seem to find it on GT.  :confused:

GT Link: [Possible fake]Interview With Ex-Lucas Arts Employee

I don't have the link to the article (they removed it.)