RIP LucasArts

Started by Giftheck, April 03, 2013, 11:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
For we know Mickey Mouse could be in the next series of games or movies
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: Helios on April 03, 2013, 01:53:35 PM
For we know Mickey Mouse could be in the next series of games or movies

Except given Disney's managment of Marvel shows that is about as likely to happen as I am of winning tonight's lottery. Actually, I might have a better chance of winning the lottery than that.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Quote from: SirPimped on April 03, 2013, 01:31:05 PM
But good things come to those who wait. ;)

Said like a true wise man.

Although I am also disappointed in LucasArts closing the internal development, it was inevitable. Though I do hope SW 1313 and First Assault do get published, I do look forward to the future of Disney/LucasFilm. I think the movies might be a hit, something to build upon.

My general fear, I hope that Disney doesn't focus solely on mobile gaming. Although I myself have iOS devices and an Android smartphone, I still would love to play PC games or console games (if I ever buy an Xbox or PS3/4). Sure mobile gaming is inevitable, but I would still prefer they had an open market for the PC gamer.

It's bad enough they took away SWBF3, and now they take away Star Wars 1313, the only other LA game I was looking forward to. Pathetic disney, pathetic...

April 03, 2013, 04:31:07 PM #50 Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 04:55:55 PM by Ltin
Quote from: [FC]Josh on April 03, 2013, 02:56:14 PM
:sick:
:td: :rant: :slap: :'( :sick:
edit: a representitive for said to gameinformer that star wars 1313 and all other projects are fine, they are just being outsourced.
:cheer: :cheers:  :disco: :clap: :graduated: :worship:

Quote from: Ltin on April 03, 2013, 04:31:07 PM
:td: :rant: :slap: :'( :sick:
edit: a representitive for said to gameinformer that star wars 1313 and all other projects are fine, they are just being outsourced.
This is Ltin, feeling many emotions when facing the fact that Starwars is "Doomed!"

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on April 03, 2013, 04:39:45 PM
This is Ltin, feeling many emotions when facing the fact that Starwars is "Doomed!"
And the joy of the games not being dead yet

Time will tell if this was good or bad.

Who killed SWBF3--wasn't it the LucasArts management?  Maybe with them out of the way, the franchise can move forward.

(Hopefully the bad management got the axe too, and not just the staff.  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: -={212}=-!M@rt! on April 03, 2013, 05:27:22 PM
Well this sucks.
Hehe lol in the fewest words possible yes... Yes it does!
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

I look at this in a positive and negative light.

Positive: LucasArts didn't create great games on their own. Outside studios created them. They will make more Star Wars games. They will be both "serious" and "childish." I have to say that I have Angry Birds Star Wars and I think it's pretty fun! I would like another "serious" Star Wars game, but I also don't want them to all be serious. It's kind of hard to express my emotions, since I can live without Star Wars games. What I can't live about is Star Wars as a whole (movies, books whether they are chapter books or informative (Cross-Section, Year by Year etc. ). This is what really matters to me, and when I get older I won't be playing games, but I will be watching the movies and reading books.

And what Sereja said, can we modify the .exe now?

Negative: Does this mean that the new Star Wars games won't feel like Star Wars? Does this mean that we won't ever see any games that we want? Pretty much what you guys all said.
I feel like since the Disney Take-Over, all that has happened to Star Wars has been "canceling" Right? I mean they canceled The 3D prequels, 2 games that could have been successful, 2 TV shows, among other things.

Star Wars is a touchy subject for me (if you don't already know) so I won't go into the Disney Star Wars VS independent Star Wars franchise.

Kidnap Mickey mouse and hold him for ransom?  :xmastim:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Quote from: [FC]Josh on April 03, 2013, 06:47:36 PM
haha i have goofy tied up in my basement  :P
That some of a goof needs to be executed!