what are everyone's favorite quotes?

Started by Ltin, April 02, 2013, 06:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
'I was raised by my father, my mother left before I was born'
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on April 13, 2013, 04:01:54 AM
'I was raised by my father, my mother left before I was born'
I didnt get that at first, then I was like ohh :slap: :rofl:

I am really disappointed, one Star Wars quote?  :o

sry for the long list, here are a few of my fav

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you"

"To be angry is to be human.
I'm a Jedi. I can be better than this. "

"But Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future.
But not at the expense of the moment. "
[spoiler]
"I know you would. I can feel your anger. It give you focus... makes you stronger. "

"Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go... of everything you fear to lose. "

"Remember, concentrate on the moment. Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts. May the force be with you."

"Don't lecture me, Obi-Wan! I see through the lies of the Jedi. I do not fear the dark side as you do. I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire."

Your father's light saber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster; an elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship. "

-Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
-Through passion, I gain strength.
-Through strength, I gain power.
-Through power, I gain victory.
-Through victory, my chains are broken.
-The Force shall free me.

"Is the dark side stronger?
No, no, no. Quicker, easier, more seductive. "

"Not if anything to say about it I have!" [/spoiler]
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

"Master we came to rescue you."
*looks up* "good job."

Yoda quotes.. cool.
I always felt this one had a sublime truth to it:

Quote"Do or do not... there is no try."~Yoda

Has a sort-of Samurai feel to it.

Quote from: tirpider on April 13, 2013, 08:41:35 AM
Yoda quotes.. cool.
I always felt this one had a sublime truth to it:

Has a sort-of Samurai feel to it.
i consider that a lie. Many times there are things that will get in the way, that will cause you to fail. Meaning that it is possible to fail while "succeding" if that makes sense

April 13, 2013, 10:55:11 AM #51 Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 10:59:02 AM by Shazam
Quote from: Ltin on April 13, 2013, 10:44:55 AM
i consider that a lie. Many times there are things that will get in the way, that will cause you to fail. Meaning that it is possible to fail while "succeding" if that makes sense

Sometimes you learn more from a failure than you do from accomplishing something. I think there is an Einstein quote to that effect. I'll see if I can find it.

Quote from: Albert Einstein
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."

I thought there was one about each failure you make you are one step closer to finding the solution. I can't find it, though.

The glass is neither half full nor half empty, it's twice the size it needs to be.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

April 13, 2013, 11:27:25 AM #53 Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 11:31:31 AM by tirpider
Quote from: Ltin on April 13, 2013, 10:44:55 AM

When you do something it gets done.

If things get in the way, then you did not do, you only tried and the task is not complete.

Such is life. Unplanned things get in the way.
Quote"So it goes."
~Billy Pilgrim
fictional character from Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse-Five

Only when you try and succede has something been done.

The power from "Do or do not" is the "follow through".
To deliberatly do something, dispite obsticals.
To push through and achieve the task.
To make it happen.

Things getting in the way (however overwhelming) are convienient excuses for failure if you stop there.
But if you continue until the obsticals pass and you finish, then the task is complete.

-edit (my spelling and grammar are horrible)

April 13, 2013, 12:13:22 PM #55 Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 12:16:35 PM by UNIT 33
And now the king of quotable:

Oscar Wilde

"True friends stab you in the front."

"What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing."

"The difference between literature and journalism is that journalism is unreadable and literature is not read."

"Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious."

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."

"Only the shallow know themselves."

"The new IPOD, for people with more money than sense"
                                             -Someone at archery class

Quote from: vansting on April 16, 2013, 12:14:23 PM
"The new IPOD, for people with more money than sense"
                                             -Someone at archery class
Lol, smart guy there.

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on April 13, 2013, 11:01:35 AM
The glass is neither half full nor half empty, it's twice the size it needs to be.

A glass is always full with 1/2 some liquid and the other 1/2 is air.

Quote from: vansting on April 16, 2013, 12:17:28 PM
A glass is always full with 1/2 some liquid and the other 1/2 is destroying my liver.
/fixed

"Jokes are like frogs.

If you dissect them they will die."