Previous topic - Next topic

What's better, cats or dogs?

Dog
16 (61.5%)
Cat
10 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Quote from: {212th} Norris on February 10, 2013, 07:09:55 PM

Yeah, that was my dog  :'( He passed of cancer when he was 3. He was sick for some time before we found out, he was always loyal and happy, even though he was dying  :'( His name was Boaz

That's terrible :(

When i was born...a long time ago...we bought ourselves a dog (a fox terrier)

He was my best mate for 14 years. He was loyal, intelligent and always cheering us up.
No cat can ever create the feeling that you're not alone...thats because they can always go away when they feel like it

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Repost: My Kitty

Adopted from a rescue agency that found her in a wet cardboard box.
All the kittens had eye infections of some sort and Seiko had a lung infection.

Right as rain, now.

I love the colors on tortise shells, calicos, and even the merled dogs (bleu merles, border collies, all the various shepherds.)

I love Border Collies.  I've never met a more intelligent animal than my in-law's goat herding dogs.

I give you, my cat Amy.

Also, I think indoor cats outlive the common dog anyway. My grandma had her cat for nearly 20 years I believe, before it died.

Cats are devils, just look into their eyes. You see nothing but mischief and claw-the-heck outa anything that moves, or doesn't.

That's my cat Scout, we are in a constant battle of seniority. The battle of which he always wins with the females of my family  :wall: Just look at his eyes... so devilish  :rant:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Quote from: {212th} Norris on February 11, 2013, 10:04:40 AM
Cats are devils, just look into their eyes. You see nothing but mischief and claw-the-heck outa anything that moves, or doesn't.

That's my cat Scout, we are in a constant battle of seniority. The battle of which he always wins with the females of my family  :wall: Just look at his eyes... so devilish  :rant:
Lol, you can't judge all cats by the one you have xD
Most are evil, I agree, but lots of them are cute and nice.

And that's not to say that bad cats aren't good for anything :D
Target practice

February 11, 2013, 10:26:28 AM #37 Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 10:28:53 AM by {212th} Norris
Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on February 11, 2013, 10:14:48 AM

And that's not to say that bad cats aren't good for anything :D
Target practice

xD that's is true :D Way to look at the bright side RC, all devil cats do have a purpose in life.  :tu:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Honestly, scout looks like a sweetheart

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Josh on February 11, 2013, 10:49:27 AM
Honestly, scout looks like a sweetheart

Agreed. It is often stated though that male cats are more vicious than emale ones. :P

February 11, 2013, 02:09:00 PM #40 Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 02:15:45 PM by Glitch
Cats will only become lazy if you confine them to the indoors. They will act differently depending on how you treat them as they get older. Like any adaptable creature, minor experiences can change how the act for life.

If you raised them right they'll like to explore, hunt, and will still have energy to play with you when they return home. My cat Sam catches squirrels, Tulula or Fuzzy likes to eat butterflies and moths, and Miley or Tiger enjoys climbing the fence or being on anything high above the ground.

As for dogs. I was scared of the large ones when I was younger. But now I absolutely love them! They are a wonderful product of evolution! The small ones on the other hand...they'd die if humans were not around.

While pets may be extremely fun to be around, they are no replacement for human friends. Most animals lack the cognitive abilities to show complex emotions and have a very limited range of communication. (It's fun to imagine they do though) When people train them and they react to commands, the animal will only hear the sound, not the word, they couldn't comprehend such things.
Quote: At times of chaos, humans are subjected to emotion rather than logic.

We have both. The cats (2) are somewhat lazy and the dog is always sleeping or has lots of energy. Dogs are a lot more effort to look after but IMO you get a more satisfying result ^^