For iOS Users

Started by Gold Man, February 07, 2013, 06:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys, for those of you that use iOS, you probably hate that there's no flash player plug-in, right? Well, I found this awesome app on the App Store called "Puffin Web Browser". It basically runs the browser with a flash player plug-in, aloowing you to access xat chats, videos, etc. Also, the free version gives you a 14 day trial, but you can enter a redeem code that lets you have more than that! If you guys want the code, just PM me (I don't want to appear like those spam advertising YouTube comments). Anyways, the free version is obviously free, but the paid version (which for some reason is in the American store but not the Canadian store), is $2.99. Download if you have iOS (or Android, it's also on Android), ignore if you want. :P

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on February 07, 2013, 06:58:06 PM
Hey guys, for those of you that use iOS, you probably hate that there's no flash player plug-in, right? Well, I found this awesome app on the App Store called "Puffin Web Browser". It basically runs the browser with a flash player plug-in, aloowing you to access xat chats, videos, etc. Also, the free version gives you a 14 day trial, but you can enter a redeem code that lets you have more than that! If you guys want the code, just PM me (I don't want to appear like those spam advertising YouTube comments). Anyways, the free version is obviously free, but the paid version (which for some reason is in the American store but not the Canadian store), is $2.99. Download if you have iOS (or Android, it's also on Android), ignore if you want. :P

The only purpose I had for flash on my phone was to run a graphing calculator; but I now have Wolfram Alpha... but it looks like a pretty solid browser.  I've been using Opera Mini and Puffin is decent.  I think I like it more than the ICS stock browser.

I used to use flash back when I actually used my iTouch for more than just music. Now I just use my Android since I can't go passed Gingerbread. It doesn't really make a difference anyways. When I found about the no native Flash support I said I wouldn't update anyways. Plus I've played with Ice Cream Sandwich and JellyBean and I wasn't impressed.

Android has flash player on the browser.

iOS6 update came with the flash player on the Safari app. So this topic was for nothing. :hehe:

Quote from: Kit Fisto on February 08, 2013, 05:35:03 PM
iOS6 update came with the flash player on the Safari app. So this topic was for nothing. :hehe:

If it's iOS 6.0, there's no such thing on my iPad. If it's iOS 6.1, I might actually update then. :P

Yea it's iOS 6.0 or later has flash implemented into Safari. That was one of the big things about the update.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on February 08, 2013, 06:29:28 PM
Yea it's iOS 6.0 or later has flash implemented into Safari. That was one of the big things about the update.
Watch it be the main source for killing batteries because they didn't code it properly.