Post your desktop!

Started by Roxas, January 04, 2013, 03:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Haha, Gdh, my father uses those same types of tractors where he works at, I use to go in them with him :p , now that I remeber, some people from Ausitrlia came and worked with my father. I'll post a picture of my desktop laterr tooo.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on April 13, 2013, 06:40:16 AM
Well, I figured out how to change the font-type. Apparently I have to go into Classic Appearance Settings, then i can go to Advanced, then I can change the font and all that goodness. :P

I also installed a new font to use. Only those hardcore Star Wars fans know what it is. ;)
Mando?
I have a font kinda like that too, it's called "Street" but it's not quite the same as Mandolorian font.
Thats a good look GM, might be hard to get used to though :P

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on April 13, 2013, 06:40:16 AM

I also installed a new font to use. Only those hardcore Star Wars fans know what it is. ;)

Can you actually make sense of it?  :P

Here is mine, it is pretty much a cluttered mess of half finished projects. I would prefer it to have nothing on it at all but.... I also like to keep to the black backdrop so I can have the invisible folders  :happy:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

I'm amazed you guys thought it was Mando! :rofl:

It's actually Aurebesh, hand-written Aurebesh. I was waiting for Kit to try and guess it, but that doesn't seem to happen. :P

Anyways, I can decipher Aurebesh, however it takes a bit longer for me to read that rather than plain ol' english. I actually changed the font to something else, It's now Verdana I believe. :P

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on April 13, 2013, 12:21:17 PM
I'm amazed you guys thought it was Mando! :rofl:

It's actually Aurebesh, hand-written Aurebesh. I was waiting for Kit to try and guess it, but that doesn't seem to happen. :P

Anyways, I can decipher Aurebesh, however it takes a bit longer for me to read that rather than plain ol' english. I actually changed the font to something else, It's now Verdana I believe. :P
Darn I was too late to say it was Aurebesh. I've used loads of the stuff for my Common.lvl.
There's actually some easter eggs that I've hidden using that font.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on April 13, 2013, 05:46:26 AM
Wow Fizz, that looks epic! I must say, you using a different OS or something? It looks completely different than any Windows OS I've ever seen. Or are you using Linux!? :o

Just windows 7 GoldMan

Wow Disciple, beautilful. (even if I'm not a fan of Iron man :D)

Thanks,i normally put car pictures but i thought that one was really cool and fits in the theme.

Quote from: Disciple on April 18, 2013, 04:54:47 PM
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

:o You must tell me how you guys get these fully customized desktops! The stuff that you and Fizz showed me, I almost swear it isn't Windows 7 you're using!

Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

Actually i use windows 8.What i did was install a program called Rainmeter,go to DevianArt.com,search for rainmeter and download the theme you want.Take a look in youtube how to install and use the themes if you need help.

April 27, 2013, 02:34:01 PM #42 Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 04:24:51 PM by Roxas
I have rainmeter too and a really nice setup, but I disabled it because of the startup time. That, and it kept causing my audio driver to go haywire on my CPU. As for the whole custom font thing, I did it the way Gold did it by going through advanced in the Personalize window. I haven't been able to change the color of the folder names though. I don't feel like going through the trouble of using a third party.

Well, I might as well share mine again:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Eh, figured I'd share mine again. Nothing real different except a font change and wallpaper. :P

If anyone's wondering, the font is Oracle, and the wallpaper is actually some photo that a_speck_of_dust took to promote his Lotashi Z: X Province map. For anyone who has SWBFII by the way, I'd advise checking the map out! It's currently hosted on FileFront for the moment, unless you prefer I upload it here. :P

bump
I completely changed my desktop. Although the yandere text is still there.