For all who think SW1 is a good film

Started by Darth Verik, January 01, 2013, 04:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well, I am also, not a big fan of I, II, III episodes, mostly because lot of 3D characters, and sometimes bored script... But those episodes, real treasure for new locations, vehicles and species, for new game, or map ;) creators.
Let's try to answer, to some of your questions...
1. Anakin become a sith, not just becase of his wife. As Yoda say, he's afraid, afraid about his mother, and wife. Fear is strong emotion, that ruin peace in mind, and lead to the dark side. Also, he has ambitions, and they also may easy turn good person and friend, in to the walking evil and enemy. (I sow this transformation, in my own experience :o).
2. Palpatin, as all politics, has evil mind, and hypnotise power. Even without Sith Force, politics, usualy can foolish entire countrys, and all people. So, Palpatine's "mind cloak" power, is totaly natural.
3. Luke and Lea, realy should be separated. It's decreases chance to be detected, by force sensitive Sith.
4. Not sure, I am understand ths correct, but if you mean, Darth Vader's mind look's more peacefull, then Anakin's, it's easy: Anakin is still fight, between Dark and Light side inside his mind. Darth Vader already choose his way, and just try stay with it.
5. Very intelligent clones became so dumb? Not sure, but I guess it's just your vision... I think, they are ok.
6. Yoda, go into exile, after he lost one fight, because he loose his chance, of unexpected attak. Emperor is now awere about Yoda still alive, and will be prepared for his next attack, and surely, will set a trap for him.
7. Windu, is not loose a fight. He loose peace in his mind, because of his own rage. As result, he didn't detect Anakin's "mind fight", between good and evil, and did not help him, stay with the good side. So, he was betrayed and defeated, by Anakin, not by Emperor. Palpatine, just finish the job.
8. Palpatine, make Kamino disappear on all the maps, because of 2 reasons: 1. first clones, shold be grow up without unneccesary attention of the republic. 2. It shold be discovered, by jedi, in right time. It probably was in the Palpatine's vision of the future.
9. Ben and Vader, become old guys, so, no force and jumping.  :D Seriosly, it was more fight of minds, then just swords fight. It is the same, when the old enemies wish to figure out, who of them, is more cool after all, they try to fight, with no guns, to the end.  8)
Beside, Ben realy wish to die. By jedi logic, he think, he can help Luke much more, if he loose his phisical body.
10. Why separatist leaders didn't keep fighting? Probably, without army of droids, they can only keep and count theyr money.
11. Survived after order 66 jedi's, did not come togrther, because of the same reason, why Luke and Leia should be separeted. The try to hide, and do not wish to be detected by sith.
12. Armor of Boba Fett looks so much dirtier then that of his dad,  probably because his made much more dirty job. :P
13. George Lucas, made Star Wars so bad, because it imposible to made miracle by order. For example: I made realy Great map, named Nar Shaddaa, but I am not sure, if ever can repeat such success.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Sereja got most of it.
But here are the more canon answers to some.
5: shortly after the Jedi Purge Palpatine decided to draft humans for his army. Only a small number remained clone troopers in IV-VI and onward.
8: actually Count Dooku erased the files about Kamino from the Jedi Archives.
10: why I told you to watch the movies! Anakin kills all the separatist leaders on Mustafar AFTER they shut down all the droid army. Then the facility is destroyed. That's all in the movies, you don't need EU knowledge to explain that.  ;)

EDIT: even if not all sep leaders were on Mustafar sidious knew where they were and would have had them killed.

13: Sereja, you will probably make a map just as great as Nar Shaddaa in the coming years... :)

We should make a new board for this type of stuff. GENERAL STAR WARS DISCUSSION
Aye led! Is that possible? :)

I actually like the prequel trilogy and think alot of the complaints are from people having unrealistic expectations after watching the originals. Although I don't think Episode 1 is the best of the Prequels I enjoy the fact that it still has proper sets and costumes which make places like Tatooine look more real.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

An answer for Sereja's anwer to Boba Fett:

Boba was about 12 when he inherited his father's armor, that was about 2 years after Geonosis. He did have it resized of course, but for wearing the same armor for 20 years? It does tend to get messy anyways. Plus, he actually recolured the armor, I think probably because he got tired of people thinking Jango survived, or for some other reason that I forgot. :P

January 02, 2013, 02:36:11 PM #20 Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 02:59:08 PM by UNIT 33
Incoming wall of text (Points brought up on another forum):

.If Yoda and Obi Wan have a security tape that features Anakin being knighted as a Sith by The Emperor, don't they also have footage from five minutes earlier from the EXACT SAME CAMERA that explains the Mace/Emperor showdown and the revelation of Palpatine as a murderous occultist who is so powerful he can kill four members of the Jedi Council? If it's such an important plot point that it's HOW OBI WAN DISCOVERS HIS BEST FRIEND IS A TRAITOR, can't they show this tape to the evening news? Seems like it would be the most important piece of evidence in political history.

.In his prophesied role of "bringing balance to the force" is Anakin (or Darth Vader) ever once shown to accomplish anything of merit aside from mass murder and a last minute, death-bed contrition? Tossing the Emperor into an elevator shaft can't possibly count, can it?

.Even though Chewbacca doesn't speak the same language as everybody else, wouldn't he have been an invaluable source of knowledge to Luke about the Jedi, pre- Imperial galactic history as well as vital details of time spent serving alongside Yoda? You think Chewie would have mentioned Yoda to Han at least once or twice and those sorts of things would have influenced Han's opinion on The Force. Yoda and Chewbacca even exchanged a weepy goodbye before Yoda blasted off in his ET ship. This is one of the most cynical retcons in the entire series. There's no reason for Chewbacca to be there whatsoever aside from cheap nostalgia.

.The Republic seems to have hundreds of generals. Do the Confederates only have one and when you kill him, the war is over? Should we just assume that the eight dudes that Anakin kills on Mustafar represent the entirety of the Confederate power base? Without them, everything falls apart? There's no other officers? No corporate vice presidents? There's no one within these Independent Systems that have any attachment to the Confederate cause without those eight dudes?
It's not at all like blowing up the Death Star and its two orbiting command ships, where there's a clear dictator and his inner circle, all of whom die in the explosion. It would be fine if The Confederacy was just a red herring, but it wasn't -- it was something that motivated the legendary Clone Wars (which still has resonance in Luke's era) and clearly a ton of money, drive and political push went into their development. WAY too much to be forever vanquished with the assassination eight bankers and union chiefs. Count Dooku (who seems to be their leader) doesn't seem to affect them that much in his death. Further, they start taking orders from General Grievous, which is kind of weird.

.Why does Obi Wan stow away on Padme's ship when hundreds of better equipped ships are readily at his disposal? It's sort of ridiculous. How did he know Anakin wouldn't have been patrolling the skies of Mustafar in a fighter? Or a massive war ship? Did he read the script? Anakin even assaults Padme because he thinks she's conspiring (or possibly having an affair?) with Obi Wan. It's another bad Obi Wan decision that risks the lives of others. The only benefit being his own dramatic reveal which serves no greater interpersonal or strategic advantage.

Quote from: Sereja on January 02, 2013, 12:27:29 PM
Well, I am also, not a big fan of I, II, III episodes, mostly because lot of 3D characters, and sometimes bored script... But those episodes, real treasure for new locations, vehicles and species, for new game, or map ;) creators.
Let's try to answer, to some of your questions...
1. Anakin become a sith, not just becase of his wife. As Yoda say, he's afraid, afraid about his mother, and wife. Fear is strong emotion, that ruin peace in mind, and lead to the dark side. Also, he has ambitions, and they also may easy turn good person and friend, in to the walking evil and enemy. (I sow this transformation, in my own experience :o).
2. Palpatin, as all politics, has evil mind, and hypnotise power. Even without Sith Force, politics, usualy can foolish entire countrys, and all people. So, Palpatine's "mind cloak" power, is totaly natural.
3. Luke and Lea, realy should be separated. It's decreases chance to be detected, by force sensitive Sith.
4. Not sure, I am understand ths correct, but if you mean, Darth Vader's mind look's more peacefull, then Anakin's, it's easy: Anakin is still fight, between Dark and Light side inside his mind. Darth Vader already choose his way, and just try stay with it.
5. Very intelligent clones became so dumb? Not sure, but I guess it's just your vision... I think, they are ok.
6. Yoda, go into exile, after he lost one fight, because he loose his chance, of unexpected attak. Emperor is now awere about Yoda still alive, and will be prepared for his next attack, and surely, will set a trap for him.
7. Windu, is not loose a fight. He loose peace in his mind, because of his own rage. As result, he didn't detect Anakin's "mind fight", between good and evil, and did not help him, stay with the good side. So, he was betrayed and defeated, by Anakin, not by Emperor. Palpatine, just finish the job.
8. Palpatine, make Kamino disappear on all the maps, because of 2 reasons: 1. first clones, shold be grow up without unneccesary attention of the republic. 2. It shold be discovered, by jedi, in right time. It probably was in the Palpatine's vision of the future.
9. Ben and Vader, become old guys, so, no force and jumping.  :D Seriosly, it was more fight of minds, then just swords fight. It is the same, when the old enemies wish to figure out, who of them, is more cool after all, they try to fight, with no guns, to the end.  8)
Beside, Ben realy wish to die. By jedi logic, he think, he can help Luke much more, if he loose his phisical body.
10. Why separatist leaders didn't keep fighting? Probably, without army of droids, they can only keep and count theyr money.
11. Survived after order 66 jedi's, did not come togrther, because of the same reason, why Luke and Leia should be separeted. The try to hide, and do not wish to be detected by sith.
12. Armor of Boba Fett looks so much dirtier then that of his dad,  probably because his made much more dirty job. :P
13. George Lucas, made Star Wars so bad, because it imposible to made miracle by order. For example: I made realy Great map, named Nar Shaddaa, but I am not sure, if ever can repeat such success.

You really should read Darth Plagueis. It tells all about how Palpatine rises to power. You will (I was) be surprised to know when Plagueis died. I had no idea. No idea at all.

@Unit 33:
But Anakin does bring balance to the force. He cut down the light side. You know, for something to be in balance, there must be two things on opposing sides, one of the factors on each side. The light side was completely lopsided. There needed to be the darkness of the dark side. You cannot have light without darkness and visa-versa. The Jedi Order had grown too powerful just as the light side had.

Quote from: Roxas on January 02, 2013, 04:17:55 PM
You really should read Darth Plagueis. It tells all about how Palpatine rises to power. You will (I was) be surprised to know when Plagueis died. I had no idea. No idea at all.

@Unit 33:
But Anakin does bring balance to the force. He cut down the light side. You know, for something to be in balance, there must be two things on opposing sides, one of the factors on each side. The light side was completely lopsided. There needed to be the darkness of the dark side. You cannot have light without darkness and visa-versa. The Jedi Order had grown too powerful just as the light side had.
Okay. Let's assume Anakin brings balance by initiating the Jedi purge so there are only 2 Jedi left and 2 Sith (ignoring the countless Jedi that survive the purge in the Expanded Universe). Okay I can get down with that.
If the Jedi knew it was Anakins destiny to bring balance to the force wouldn't they know that it obviously would entail murdering most of the Jedi, since they knew the Sith were few in number and the Jedi were great in number? What else could have it meant? Why would they agree to train someone that they knew was destined to murder them all? ( hey never express this realisation despite the 15 ish years thinking time they had, therefore the Jedi Order is obviously full of morons or the plot doesn't make sense)
Anyway Darth Vader/Anakin later brings inbalance by killing the only remaining Sith when he sacrifices himself to murder the Emperor, thus undoing his own proffecy.

Quote from: UNIT 33 on January 02, 2013, 04:34:41 PM
Okay. Let's assume Anakin brings balance by initiating the Jedi purge so there are only 2 Jedi left and 2 Sith (ignoring the countless Jedi that survive the purge in the Expanded Universe). Okay I can get down with that.
If the Jedi knew it was Anakins destiny to bring balance to the force wouldn't they know that it obviously would entail murdering most of the Jedi, since they knew the Sith were few in number and the Jedi were great in number? What else could have it meant? Why would they agree to train someone that they knew was destined to murder them all? ( hey never express this realisation despite the 15 ish years thinking time they had, therefore the Jedi Order is obviously full of morons or the plot doesn't make sense)
Anyway Darth Vader/Anakin later brings inbalance by killing the only remaining Sith when he sacrifices himself to murder the Emperor, thus undoing his own proffecy.

Actually they wouldn't. The Jedi knew that there were sith still around and that they were being active yet they were still blinded before Anakin was around (Plagueis and Palpatine's actions blinded them). Also don't forget it wasn't Anakin who initiated the purge. He was merely a tool that was sadly and rather easily manipulated into doing it.

Not all Jedi believed in the prophecy either. What the the Jedi did not know about the prophecy (this is being made on my own collected information) is that there were two parts to the prophecy. The first part, Anakin, was to help tear down the jaded light side. The second part, Luke, was to help rebuild it and read the past so that history would not repeat itself.

Why are you trying to make sence of a fictional movie?  ??? Its just a movie.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

That's like saying swbf is just a game. :wacko:

Sorry for betrayal kit but i dislike the CGI in the new movies... Its just too obvious when i watch the movie.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: [FC]Helios on January 02, 2013, 06:48:53 PM
Sorry for betrayal kit but i dislike the CGI in the new movies... Its just too obvious when i watch the movie.
That's no betrayal. What can you blame them, 1 was made in the early 90's, 2 in the late 90's early 00's and 3 in the early 00's. At least it isn't as bad as some older ( or newer ) movies.

And I could care less about the CG. I care about the story, and the UNIVERSE.  And it wasn't obvious when you watched them 4 years ago on your non HD tv. ;)

Well this has once again turned into a prequel discussion ( recalls that poll he made ). Sorry but I don't have time to type long responses anymore. :(

OKAY.

I shall agree to disagree. We're all equally stubborn and I don't like the idea of getting stuck in a perpetual argument.

However. I think what really killed Star Wars for me is the relentless merchandising.

January 03, 2013, 01:48:39 AM #29 Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 03:26:42 AM by Sereja
Well, you shouldn't take too serious my free interpritations. I post it just for fun, and didn't care much about canons :D. But here few words, to protect my vision:
Quote from: Kit Fisto on January 02, 2013, 01:45:55 PM
5: shortly after the Jedi Purge Palpatine decided to draft humans for his army. Only a small number remained clone troopers in IV-VI and onward.
Yes, I read something about this, in TFU2 scripts. Still, I am realy didn't spot, theyr skill difference.
10: why I told you to watch the movies! Anakin kills all the separatist leaders on Mustafar AFTER they shut down all the droid army. Then the facility is destroyed. That's all in the movies, you don't need EU knowledge to explain that.  ;)
Yes, but I think, you should imagine, why Palpatine, need them dead. They are totaly harmless, without droid army, and do not represent any menace for the new Empire. But few of them, knew Sidious personaly, and can easy recognize new Emperor. That's cud cause unneccessary trouble, for Palpatine personaly, and that's why, he order to kill exactly "Mustafar team" of them.
Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on January 02, 2013, 02:15:10 PM
Boba was about 12 when he inherited his father's armor, that was about 2 years after Geonosis. He did have it resized of course, but for wearing the same armor for 20 years? It does tend to get messy anyways. Plus, he actually recolured the armor, I think probably because he got tired of people thinking Jango survived, or for some other reason that I forgot. :P
I do not think, Boba used Jango's armor. It have some difference. Beside, helmet of Jango, was destroed, by some detonator trap. (It was in Clone Wars series).
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf: