Help: Learning how to use Xcode

Started by Mac, February 23, 2014, 08:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm looking to teach myself how to write basic iPhone applications with Xcode. Where do I start? Are there any good tutorials for Xcode beginners?

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Edited for grammar.

Tripider knows coding and scripting but he might not know about Xcode, try sending him a PM and see if he knows about it. If that fails try google. :shrug:
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

I know nothing about Xcode.

A good starting point for learning any language is to look for online tutorials or knowledge bases about whatever it is you want to learn.

You may be able to find some books on it at your local library or book store. (Don't forget to check the local college book store as well.)  Find a lesson plan and stick to it. Do the examples, no matter how simplistic they may feel.

Beyond that, have an idea and jump in and start coding. Use the internet as a tool to help find solutions and find a community that uses the language.

Quote from: tirpider on February 23, 2014, 10:53:15 AM
I know nothing about Xcode.

A good starting point for learning any language is to look for online tutorials or knowledge bases about whatever it is you want to learn.

You may be able to find some books on it at your local library or book store. (Don't forget to check the local college book store as well.)  Find a lesson plan and stick to it. Do the examples, no matter how simplistic they may feel.

Beyond that, have an idea and jump in and start coding. Use the internet as a tool to help find solutions and find a community that uses the language.

Thank you! I'll start up this learning project and get back to you on how it's going!

February 24, 2014, 06:47:29 AM #4 Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 08:01:20 AM by Dark_Phantom
I have no idea if this site is legal.  Forum staff, please delete this post if needed.
:censored:  This one was shaky looking through it.  Some are legal, some aren't.

-The above site has a link to at least one ebook that was made legally available for download by the publisher--and is used by a class at my school (the ebook made available, not the above site). -These look good.  Glanced through these ones and could not quite find Xcode but have at it.
-A lot of schools' CS departments have resources available you might want to look into.
-Other stuff: http://www.techsupportalert.com/free-books-computer

A peer institution's CS department calls Stanford's course "exhaustive":
http://www.stanford.edu/class/cs193p/cgi-bin/drupal/