Gamespydev response :(

Started by {PLA}gdh92, November 12, 2012, 08:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
RIP SWBF  :'(
I'll certainly miss playing with all you guys! Great times we had. Hopefully we can get somewhere with Lucasarts and maybe get the game back up.

Well, we all knew this day would come at some time.  Maybe we could ask a favor of them to put it back for a week to allow us to move to our new home and announce it to the general public.  Although, I think anyone these days could google the issue and find this website.

Many people have played this game, most have left, and a few of us die-hards are still here.  I plan to renew this website until 2024 for those of us want to keep playing.  If I'm still alive and the internet still exists we can figure out what next after that :P 

Meanwhile, we can still have weekly game times and make our mods for us all to enjoy using GameRanger and Tunngle.  Look for announcements in the forums.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

So, how to they stop supportign SWBF1 but continue to support Jedi Outcast and Jedi academy?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant:

Quote from: Joseph on November 12, 2012, 10:54:02 AM
then they will take you to Room 101 and "cure" you by playing a Hannah Montana album
LOL, Joseph!

Quote from: {TcF}=Rick={G}(305th-Infantry) on November 12, 2012, 01:14:27 PM
So, how to they stop supportign SWBF1 but continue to support Jedi Outcast and Jedi academy?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant:
They have much larger player numbers and I believe you can play on either games servers with academy. Or more likely the SWBF servers crashed and they just couldn't be bothered to fix the problem. It could happen to any game :(
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Tbh I'm not a big fan of Tunngle. I've always been more of a Hamachi user.

Regardless this is sad news and I am not surprised of this response. Every game that got disconnected from gamespy was for this reason, LucasArts or not.

I would request LucasArts to make a patch that redirects the multiplayer button to Gameranger like the mac port (gr was was official and only option to play SWBF online anyway) but I doubt that will happen either.

It was good 8 years guys. SWBF has beaten the odds when it came to it's multiplayer life span and gamespy has cooperated by holding servers up all this time despite being a near dead brand. Right now what's important is to spread the word about our alternatives.

#TYBG

Quote from: aeria. on November 12, 2012, 01:27:24 PM
I would request LucasArts to make a patch that redirects the multiplayer button to Gameranger like the mac port (gr was was official and only option to play SWBF online anyway) but I doubt that will happen either.
I doubt LucasArts would make the patch. But maybe if we did it...  :shady:    <---not really the correct expression but  :shrug:

Quote from: UNIT 33 on November 12, 2012, 09:32:07 AM

Gee I wonder what changed their position?
Oh come on guys. So quick and easy to blame Disney isn't it?

The odds are the contract for Star Wars Battlefront simply expire and it would probably take serious money for LucasArts to renew it. My 2 cents on it anyway. I don't blame Disney at all.

Also  what is it with all the Disney nonsense lately? LucasArts and LucasFilm are still companies they just have a bunch of greedy shareholders to report to now (Never a good thing in the gaming industry. So instead of SWBFIII having terrible gameplay it will have terrible gameplay without all the content. That you will then have to pay extra for.)

Quote from: Kit Fisto on November 12, 2012, 01:29:51 PM
I doubt LucasArts would make the patch. But maybe if we did it...  :shady:    <---not really the correct expression but  :shrug:
To be honest the problem isn't getting it to work, it's getting the average player to use the new methods. If you go online now about half the players who still can play are also using radar which basically means if you don't have it it's become imposssible to enjoy the game. We need the wide variety of players back with different servers and timezones or it just stops being fun, for me at least...
I won't stop playing but I'll be on a lot less and probably concentrate on clan nights or games where I know the other players. :(
But I'll keep trying to get this fixed...
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Dude, if every member every month paid 5 dollars we could easily get the servers back

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Interdeptic told me an idea : To make events for all Tunngles (Like an event for all clans where we can play and have fun) so that we can see ''many'' players together.
In my 1.0 Clan, ive put how to install Tunngle in some languages, but the people that were clanless, or who were less than a General (in my clan), didnt have our website so they may have ''lost'' swbf. :(
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

November 12, 2012, 02:01:28 PM #26 Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 02:05:51 PM by Niño
Maybe we could write a petition and get as many people to sign it. But then again we are a minority group of about 200 people who still play SWBF, so I doubt LucasArts would really bother paying any attention let alone fixing the problem. However, I know that there has to be a way out of this predicament regardless of whether it is deemed hopeless or not.
Climate is what you expect. Weather is what you get.

Quote from: Josh on November 12, 2012, 01:58:04 PM
Dude, if every member every month paid 5 dollars we could easily get the servers back
I would pay a considerable amount to get them back if it meant everyone could play again, it's just finding someone to pay. :(

A petition and an amount of money around the 250 mark should set us up for a plead to get the servers back online.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on November 12, 2012, 02:02:06 PM
I would pay a considerable amount to get them back if it meant everyone could play again, it's just finding someone to pay. :(
Give me a few year so I can make the NFL draft and I'll pay LucasArts 5 million dollars(at least) if they will put the servers back up :tu:
I'm not multi-clanning I just have lots of affiliates.