Gamespydev response :(

Started by {PLA}gdh92, November 12, 2012, 08:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
We aren't an official gamespy or LucasArts press release forum or representative, so us saying it's down basicly 3rd hand hearsay.

I can understand his perspective.

We need to find a link to a company statement that it's down now.

Which probably wont exist outside of the emails exchanged between the folks that contacted them.

Quote from: Buckler on November 14, 2012, 07:48:02 PM
The guys on GT are very knowledgeable.  The problem is, they think they know everything, even for games they don't play anymore :)

Yeah.. I wasn't going to say anything, but you are right.
Half of it's cited sources, the rest is all ego.

Quote from: tirpider on November 14, 2012, 07:42:49 PM
Yey, wiki wars.... :/

I don't imagine he is going to budge on cited emails from multiple users either.

Might have to contact him directly or start a discussion or talk or whatever they call it on wiki.

So the wikipedia editor doesn't consider LucasArts Technical Support to be a source? maybe he wants to hear it from george lucas himself  :rofl:

QuoteHello,

Thank you for contacting LucasArts Technical Support

We are sorry to inform you that LucasArts' sponsored online server availability for Star Wars: Battlefront (PC) has reached end-of-life with GameSpy and has been retired at this time. Please note that users can still create multiplayer games using the additional Multiplayer options found in the game (LAN). We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

-LucasArts Staff

Okay I'm going to let him do the edit or find out why he didn't do it after he deleted my edit. I gave him a link to the Gamespy Facebook page which has Gamespy state it several times in various comments, I don't know how to link to specific Facebook comments though. He appears to, so hopefully he will now make the change and we can all go our separate ways.

YaY
An accord has been reached!

well its on wikipedia finally

November 15, 2012, 12:56:55 PM #110 Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 02:10:09 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
And now the world will know, LucasArts and Gamespy are cheapscates! :P

Lol, funny how TRUE it is....
Then again, its only funny if its true..

I'V been thinking... do the major gaming websites (Kotaku,1up, ign, etc) know about this? I havnt seen anything on it, and they might want to know. Anyone seen anything?

No not that I know of.... I don't visit all of the websites you listed, but some yes.
No news.

IGN bought then sold gamespy.  they know.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I think those sites are geared toward giving exposure to hot new titles, and  not watching the old titles fall and break hips.