differen sniper aiming

Started by D4R|< $1D3, October 13, 2012, 02:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
you know if you press z u have a sniper scope for the scouts and such is it possable to make a side with a sniper that aims like a blaster rifle when u press z key?

so how would i be able to do it? :confused:

Quote from: PP990M1 on October 13, 2012, 02:16:23 PM
so how would i be able to do it? :confused:

Oh yeah I suppose I should have said:

In the imp_inf_sniperrifle.odf there are various lines which describe how it zooms.
You would want to change the so they look like the lines from the imp_inf_rifle.odf

Here's the lines from the sniperrifle.odf:-

SniperScope      = 1
ZoomFirstPerson      = 1
ZoomMin         = "6.0"
ZoomMax         = "6.0"
ZoomRate      = "0.0

And here's the lines from the rifle.odf:-

ZoomMin         = "2.5"
ZoomMax         = "2.5"
ZoomRate      = "0.0"

Take out the first two lines and change those numbers.

I dont use it to cheat i like to have fun in single player I NEVER CHEAT ONLINE ! :rant:

Put the clan problems aside for now; we were discussing different ways to set up the Sniper Rifle's zoom functions.

Also,
Quote from: RepublicCommando on October 13, 2012, 07:10:38 PM
Eh, I tried this once... It ended up in crashing (5 times)
Changing the sniper scope, you mean? I've seen it done a alot and I did it myself. didn't crash on me!

Quote from: PP990M1 on October 13, 2012, 07:43:54 PM
I dont use it to cheat i like to have fun in single player I NEVER CHEAT ONLINE ! :rant:
No one said you did  :P!

Also, in BF2 a modder set up ironsights for his mod. I'm wondering how possible/impossible that would be, given the game's limitations. Probably can't do it since we can't edit the HUD setup.

Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Hmm, I just retried it, and it works.. ? XD
Weird, I must have done something wrong the first time. (btw, sniper scope is awesome when you make the zoom extend slowly: ZoomRate      = "0.5")