Need help modding.

Started by NiceGuy, February 20, 2011, 02:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 20, 2011, 02:09:03 PM Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 02:25:25 PM by ~{PLA}~ NiceGuy
So I've been using this guide http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=8.0 for modding... and I get to this step:
Before you begin click happy exploring, right click inside the folder, select Properties, and uncheck "Read Only", so now you can edit the ODF's and save them.   

Now, find the ODF "rep_inf_clone_trooper". Double click to open. To some at first this may all look like a jumbled mess of words, don't worry, you'll understand it soon.

So I try to open the ODF file and when I do a window pops up and it says this:

Windows cannot open this file. FILE:  rep_inf_clone_trooper.ODF
What do you want to do? 1. Use a web service to find the correct program. 2. Select a program from a list of installed programs.

Anyone know what to do?
Thanks for help  8)
NiceGuy

Ah I knew it would be something sooooo easy to firgure out....

yea dude you need some sort of software that can like read and open that type of file... not that that hasn't been stated but I mean I have to show my intelligence somehow ya know?

Thanks for the help guys I'm able to open it now. Is there a guide on this site on how to make skins and stuff for the units in SWBF? I've looked around and haven't found anything on it.

start by looking in here
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?board=67.0

and in the general modding forum for any xsi related articles.

I would also suggest looking in the gametoast forums. 
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

You don't need xsi or anything to edit skins. Just have Photoshop or Adobe or something else that can edit .tga format pictures and you can do whatever you want to the skins from there. Set the default opening program for the .tga files to whatever photo editor you have if that has not already been done.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Ok Thanks guys I got it figured out  :moo:
-NiceGuy