[HELP] spawn delay

Started by {ASFL}Cdr.Pain, June 22, 2010, 08:57:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 22, 2010, 08:57:12 AM Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 07:46:33 PM by ag
does anyone know a mod that can get rid of spawn delay for swbf1?

That would be a multiplayer hack. The spawn delay is designed so that if a player dies, tey actually have to wait a little till they can respawn. That way, it is not impossible to cap CPs.

If you want to make this in your custom map then you just have to go in the lua.From there you can change the spawn delay for all AI but dont know how to make this and for you.
none

How do you want to use spawn delay?

i think he wants to get rid of the player's spawn delay in multiplayer matches.

yea, that gets on my nerves too. There is no spawn delay in SP as far as i remember.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Yeah SP had no spawn timer. I don't mind it so much except when it screws up and sets the timer back when I was close to zero.
photobucket limit image removed

yea, ill be waiting for 10 sec to respawn then swbf decides to make me wait another 10 seconds... :whip:

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

You can't do that =P Spawn delay is NOT because of anything in the game. IT's because of PING. Although factors of the game can affect spawn count, it's mostly ping.

For example. If I host a mod by running my bandwidth at max (meaning I'm basically focusing all my internet on hosting.) The ping will be much less, but the spawn delay higher. And Vice versa. But that's just in my experience.
.:AM:. Quik <3: ag..
.:AM:. Quik <3: his avatar...
.:AM:. Quik <3: is really gay..
.:AM:. Quik <3: lol
Droideka: avatar isn't gay!
Droideka: AG is

.:AM:. Quik <3: don't worry, i like you
.:AM:. Quik <3: that's all that matters
Droideka: NOO
Droideka: i only care about BD
Droideka: that sounded gay

my experience is that swbf in multiplayer has a constant time counting from 10 down to 1 and then back to 10. Whatever number that timer is on when you spawn, that is how many seconds you will have to wait to respawn. For example, if the counter is a 7 when you click respawn, you will have to wait for the counter to count all the way back to 0 in order to respawn. Then if you die immediately and click respawn, your timer will be around 10. I dunno about the 11-14 sec waits though.

Yeah I have also considered that. But I wish the spawn count would be more acurate, as far as how consistant it is.

For instance, I just respawned fairly quikly around seven seconds and down. Then I rush out and finnaly get gunned down. And then when my CP is valnurable the count is some where around twelve and jumps around for a while.

I always thought it worked some what like what Jon was saying.

But if you ask me, I say the timer has a mind of its own.  ::)
photobucket limit image removed

I think it's based on a timer. You notice how people generally spawn all at once? It's probably just waiting around for the timer to expire so you can all spawn in at once, which is easier.

It may also be based on ping to the server. I'm not really sure, though.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Quote from: Jedikiller on June 25, 2010, 10:13:20 PM
I think it's based on a timer. You notice how people generally spawn all at once? It's probably just waiting around for the timer to expire so you can all spawn in at once, which is easier.

It may also be based on ping to the server. I'm not really sure, though.

People spawn at once because pings balance out. There is in face an overall server ping.

Well, this is what the manual says:

"Reinforcements are deployed accordinging to a reinforcement timer.  For single players games , there is no timer and you can deploy immediately after dying.  For multiplayer games, the reinforcement timer varies with the map.  The reinforcement timer counts down from ten to fifteen seconds; when it reaches zero, reinforcements are deployed for both teams.  In other words, if you die in a multiplayer game, you will have to wait between one to fifteen seconds before you redeploy at a friendly Command Post."

That said, I'm not sure that's how it really works  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Buckler on June 29, 2010, 07:27:35 PM
Well, this is what the manual says:

"Reinforcements are deployed accordinging to a reinforcement timer.  For single players games , there is no timer and you can deploy immediately after dying.  For multiplayer games, the reinforcement timer varies with the map.  The reinforcement timer counts down from ten to fifteen seconds; when it reaches zero, reinforcements are deployed for both teams.  In other words, if you die in a multiplayer game, you will have to wait between one to fifteen seconds before you redeploy at a friendly Command Post."

That said, I'm not sure that's how it really works  ;)

Lol. A friend of mine said "I know more about this game than the creators do."

And i'm sure he's right. so many ingame faults, tips and tricks...