Ingame Screenshots: Just Blackscreen?!

Started by norad®enalin, June 07, 2010, 03:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello Guys!

I have a problem: when i am taking screenshots (by pressing P), my shots are always black. They are located and saved under GameData/Screenshots (Windows XP), and i am opening it with Irfan View.

Hope that someone can help me. Thanks in advance and sry for my bad english

I remember when that program was the first one I used to view those pictures. Since then I use gimp to view tga images. Sorry I can't help, my experience was a good one using that program.

Hm...i don't make screenshots like that i do control, shift, 3 then i got them on my desktop as pics

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

that's because you are a mac

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

I can't say for certain what the issue is, but you may want to try updating your video driver, adjusting your video settings (turn the LOD to a moderate setting), and maybe adjusting your game resolution.

For me, I now use xfire to make screen shots.

Buckler
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

i've tried to take screenshots by pressing P too. but i was never able to locate the pics afterward. i was able to take a few screenshots by pressing the "sys rq" key... don't ask me what that key is but it seems to screencap whatever is showing on the monitor. but even those turned out black half the time.  like Buckler, i was xfire to capture all my screenshots and videos

Quote from: kellemarie on June 07, 2010, 10:42:53 AM
i've tried to take screenshots by pressing P too. but i was never able to locate the pics afterward. i was able to take a few screenshots by pressing the "sys rq" key... don't ask me what that key is but it seems to screencap whatever is showing on the monitor. but even those turned out black half the time.  like Buckler, i was xfire to capture all my screenshots and videos
Kellemarie, you must have a treasure trove of pictures. It is cool to find them and see all the photos taken long ago. You can even post them to xfire, it is tricky. I can walk anyone thru the process if they choose, I know stuff.

It did Not work.. I have changed the resolution and some other Video settings, but there are blackscreen snapshots.... so now i am searching for some lightweight screen capture tools. Indo Not like xfire, because of this Tool i am usually lagging. 

Perhaps some of these could help you with your problem? http://lifehacker.com/5218155/five-best-screen-capture-tools

I think ultimately though you may have to use Xfire. It shouldn't cause any lag in your games unless your computer is really terrible.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

June 08, 2010, 04:54:25 PM #9 Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 05:01:16 PM by kellemarie
taking xfire videos in game might cause a little lag.. my game even crashed once when i was shooting an xfire vid in multiplayer swbf, but taking screenshots shouldn't cause lag. though i've noticed that my screenshots sometimes don't come up accurate
Quote from: Meicull on June 07, 2010, 03:11:52 PM
Kellemarie, you must have a treasure trove of pictures. It is cool to find them and see all the photos taken long ago.
it sure is cool to see pics taken from months or even years ago. as of today, i have 51 screenshots on my xfire profile and probably could post 50 more.  but Cull's screenshots are the coolest evar!