Star Wars Battlefront Classic Collection

Started by Giftheck, February 21, 2024, 06:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: jonjonshell21 on March 13, 2024, 02:12:05 PMAlso they have mod support.

Yes, I said that:

Quote from: Giftheck on March 13, 2024, 02:03:54 PMAddon is confirmed, Jabba's Palace is being run through it.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

March 13, 2024, 04:08:06 PM #31 Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 04:09:50 PM by StoneCold
Quote from: Giftheck on March 13, 2024, 02:03:54 PMThe bad:

• They broke the loading screen sound

I'm currently watching a Twitch stream

Earlier he was playing BF1 and the level loading sound was the classic one. Guess they either fixed it with a patch for release tomorrow OR they just stuffed up the PC version's loading sound (which I hope is not the case) and will be reverted like it is for the PS5 version the streamer was playing.

March 13, 2024, 11:35:53 PM #32 Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 11:46:28 PM by Giftheck
LUA 5 is being used instead of LUA 4 which means mods are broken and do not currently work.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Quote from: Giftheck on March 13, 2024, 11:35:53 PMLUA 5 is being used instead of LUA 4 which means mods are broken and do not currently work.

Damn, okay that explains it then  :(

The most disappointing of this collection it is the fact it smells like a "easy money grab release" for those people who didn't have the chance to own original copies (such as Switch owners). The only that justifies LUA upgrade maybe are due to its capabilities, but yeah... they messed up the games a bit.
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

March 14, 2024, 12:42:45 PM #35 Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 12:47:26 PM by Moon
I'm not sure if this is linked to the Steam Overlay or if it's just genuinely a bug in the game - Whenever I return to the spawn screen, my camera freaks out. Do we know if this happens for everyone or if it's because of the Steam Overlay?

Original Battlefront HATED the overlay.
The years just fly past, don't they?

The general paying public seems to be upset at the multi-player issues, which I understand, but the big one of just not having enough servers seems like it has been fixed? Other issues were probably to be expected, we should probably have been more shocked if things had gone without a hitch.

The modding issues I find more concerning. I never messed with mods too much but the fact that as of now none will work on the CC is disappointing. I haven't seen these issues mentioned in the media yet, I wonder is Aspyr may have a response to that.

Im not ready to condemn it just yet and don't have much time to play in the next week or so anyway, so I'll probably sit on it for now and considering refunding after Aspyr has had time to do some triage.

The real value to this release is for consoles, so tbh I'm still tempted to buy a switch even if I end up refunding on steam.

Quote from: Ltin on March 14, 2024, 01:42:08 PMThe modding issues I find more concerning. I never messed with mods too much but the fact that as of now none will work on the CC is disappointing. I haven't seen these issues mentioned in the media yet, I wonder is Aspyr may have a response to that.

Mods made for Battlefront 2 seem to still work on the CC version, of course, the only mods that don't work currently were the ones that relied on the v1.3 patch, not sure if or when it'll be ported over, but a few mods I've tried - mainly map mods and some trooper models seem to still work, albeit, not the best.
Edit: And the custom era mods.

Another issue I remember hearing is that the game is missing the end 501st Journal cutscenes for the campaign missions, I haven't actually checked, but apparently they didn't include the end-mission cutscenes or something.

I think I've said everything I have to say in this video

In Progress:

On Hold:

March 14, 2024, 03:31:00 PM #39 Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 03:34:25 PM by Luna
Quote from: Giftheck on March 14, 2024, 03:17:03 PMI think I've said everything I have to say in this video

Good to know your thoughts on it - Personally, my own thoughts are that while the game has issues, I've enjoyed what I've played of it so far. Still, it's not better than the originals, especially if unofficial patch 1.3 never gets updated to work with the CC, then we'd lose a lot of mods that relied on it, (potentially.)

I did go back and play some of the original Battlefront 2 today and had fun as well - I wish there were servers that supported the XBOX DLC mod - which is why I still play the CC because I've enjoyed playing as Ventress in online servers.

Also, I definitely agree that Aspyr messed up on this port, so many issues with it and there's not really any excuse they could use.

Overall I've been happy with the multiplayer and having a great time but minor issues I've come across that hopefully will be patched:
Mouse wheel isn't consistent to change weapons, I had to put it on another key. The mouse is fine in other games.

No option to reverse x axis when flying. The button has disappeared so I assume it's a mistake.

No option to cancel if you select the wrong spawn or unit, you have to watch the whole countdown.

No Jabba on the official servers  ;)

I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: Giftheck on March 14, 2024, 03:17:03 PMI think I've said everything I have to say in this video

It's another missed opportunity... Both SWBF deserve to be re-released as the great games they were and still are!
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

Aspyr has a request form that things can be submitted to: https://support.aspyr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I'm not thinking of anyone on SWBFgamers here, but just remember to be nice, I'm sure the person who reads these requests is working very hard ♥

There's been a new statement from Aspyr Joe about the situation with the multiplayer servers at launch:
https://support.aspyr.com/hc/en-us/articles/25019494892429-An-update-on-the-STAR-WARS-Battlefront-Classic-Collection

According to this statement, they experienced critical errors with their network infrastructure at launch.

I am not particularily outraged, but then I only returned to the game a few weeks ago.

It comes across as a cynical port, and it is a shame that modders weren't contracted during development in a similar manner as the TR remaster.
Perhaps because this is a port, and not a remasterâ„¢, budgets were far more constricting.

SWBF1's multiplayer has been very enjoyable. The unorganised chaos of large servers is a welcome sight, and shamelessly tickles my nostalgia.

A lot of the small changes like font don't bother me.

I wonder if any of the devs were on the Aspyr team when they ported SWBF to Mac all those years ago?